Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • How to remove Slade
  • sirromj

How would one go about removing Slade from history?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s nearly Xmas, there’s no escaping them.

scotroutes

Just for you OP

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A8KT365wlA[/video]

sirromj

Seriously someone must have a workable idea?

oldnpastit

At birth, every newborn child would have a small electronic device fitted consisting of a microphone and an electrode, the latter inserted into the brain.

Whenever it detects this song being played it would deliver a small electric current through the skull and into the amygdala, which would disrupt formation of new memories.

So we would hear it but not remember it.

Eventually it would be forgotten, and we would no longer need the implant.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Drown them out with Mariah Carey.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Edukator
    Free Member

Play Slade Alive. Still want to remove Slade form History?

jekkyl

Vic & Bob!
    [video]https://youtu.be/qp3wAK3uzjM[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

All together now..

“So here it is (nearly) Christmas, 4 people are having fun, look to the future Brexit will screw everyone”

HTHs.
    😛

senorj

Burn the Heretic.

wwaswas

Burn the Heretic.

Was that the B side?

perchypanther
    Free Member

How would one go about removing Slade from history?

You are Norman Stanley Fletcher and I claim my five pounds.

slowoldman

Off course I remember them when they were skinheads.

DezB
    Free Member

They were quite good. I think Dave the guitarist was a bit dodgy with the young ladeez though. It was ok in the 70s I believe.

MrSparkle

Ah, come on. Feel the noise.

zippykona

Slade provide the the only Christmas song I look forward to. Excellent song.

DezB
    Free Member

MrSparkle
    Ah, come on. Feel the noise.

Cum on. Feel the noize. Surely.

jekkyl

*makes note never to go in zippykona’s shop*

deadkenny
    Free Member

Vote Trump. He said he’ll build a wall around Slade.

MoreCashThanDash

Given that Quiet Riot would just extend their Slade back catalogue, you will never win…..

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

& Noddy is a legend – no way we should forget them 🙂

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Cuppasoup !!

jamj1974

Zippykona & Edukator + loads.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I reckon if we could Nuke “It’s Chhhhhhhrrrrrriiiiissssmassss” from orbit, or whatever it’s called, we could all live in harmony with the rest of their back catolog.

Still, I bet Nobby is waiting at the door for the postman every January.

BillOddie

A Jimmy Saville style accusations should sort it…

mintimperial

It’s nearly Xmas, there’s no escaping them.

Every December I play a game with myself, called the Avoid Slade Xmas Game. The rules of the Avoid Slade Xmas Game are very simple: if you hear That Bloody Slade Song between the dates of Dec 1st and Dec 24th, you lose. Usually I lose on December 1st, but I actually won it last year for the first time in my life.

By a combination of not going into any shops or town centres or shopping malls or service stations if at all possible, not listening to the radio, avoiding human contact as much as I could, wearing headphones all the time, and a lot of dumb luck I didn’t hear That Bloody Slade Song once in the whole of advent. As a pleasant bonus I also didn’t catch any colds, and the urge to wipe out the whole of humanity for its own good was vastly reduced – I can heartily recommend playing the Avoid Slade Xmas Game as a viable method for surviving the festive period if you’re a hopeless, miserable Scrooge, like I am.

Humbug.

buckster
    Free Member

Everywhere has a wheeler an’ dealer raised in the back streets of town
    Everywhere has a spieler who’s a clown

ChrisL

We live in a world where that horrible Wham Christmas song exists and you lot are moaning about Slade’s? Get your priorities sorted!

DezB
    Free Member

Jimmy Saville style accusations should sort it…

You must’ve missed my post… 🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

mintimperial

Humbug.

Rob approves

redstripe
    Free Member

Could be worse – Cliff’s Mistletoe and Wine (or any of his catalogue) – more worthy of removal I reckon

deadkenny
    Free Member

BillOddie – Member 
    A Jimmy Saville style accusations should sort it…

Bonus is their Christmas song will be on the same CD as everyone else’s shitty Christmas songs so they’ll have to burn them all.

garage-dweller

ChrisL and redstripe

Hammer, nail, perfect interface.

It’s like worrying about whether to eat a slightly out of date digestive biscuit at teatime when you ate partially defrosted 1999 vintage raw chicken for lunch.

mintimperial

It’s like worrying about whether to eat a slightly out of date digestive biscuit at teatime when you ate partially defrosted 1999 vintage raw chicken for lunch.

Oh yeah, there are definitely much worse xmas songs, I personally hold a particularly virulent loathing for that horrible Macca dirge Wonderful Xmastime or whatever it’s called. It’s much worse, definitely.

But the Slade number is so inescapable, so pervasive, and so irritatingly bloody cheerful. I’ve heard it so many, many times now that it makes me want to kill someone. It has to be the ultimate, definitive, most crashingly obvious dreadful xmas pop song out there. If you were going to put together Now That’s What I Call **** Awful Xmas Music, Slade would have to be the first track on there, wouldn’t it?

To extend your analogy, one slightly out of date biscuit wouldn’t be a big deal, no, but That Slade Song is like the entire nation being force-fed stale biscuits by every bloody supermarket manager in the UK for a whole month. Ugh.

jamj1974

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves…

Not likening Slade is not allowed.

mintimperial

😀

garage-dweller

If you were going to put together Now That’s What I Call **** Awful Xmas Music, Slade would have to be the first track on there, wouldn’t it?

Undoubtedly but it would be with good humour that I listened to it. Mariah, Maca, Cliff, David Bowie + Bing Crosby, Wham would be the things that caused me to attack the album with an angle grinder flame thrower.

Edit: as an aside I can’t believe we’re on Christmas content already. I saw somewhere the other day:

There are 12 days of Christmas – none of them are in November.

CountZero

I’m quite happy to put up with Slade being ubiquitous every Chrimble, because the more it gets played, the less airtime available for East 17, Boyzone, Westlife, Maria Bloody Carey, Cliff Bleedin’ Richards, Paul Effin’ McCartney…
    And they recorded this, for which I will also forgive Merry Christmas Everybody:

[video]https://youtu.be/3U00rOHgKwc[/video]

senorj

Nice one CountZero – I love that song. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘How to remove Slade’ is closed to new replies.