Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • how to place a bet on a family member?
  • sadexpunk

im asking for a workmate.  the whole family are keen runners, he does these 100 mile multi day jobbies.  he says he sees exceptional talent in his nephew, hes probably about 10 or 11 id say, and he’d like to put a bet on that he runs for GB one day, however, he hasnt a clue how.  got to say i dont either, id guess hed have to turn up at a bookies and ask if theyd take the bet on, they may do a bit of investigating and ask him to come back tomorrow for a price.

anyone know if thats about right?

thanks

andrewh
    Free Member

My experience of something out of the ordinary, even slightly, is that the high street bookies aren’t interested. Tried to bet on a mate at Commonwealth games a few years ago, trying to find one who take a bet on an MTB race was near impossible. And that’s in a race where the runners and riders, or at least the riders, are known and set. Yours seems to have a lot less info to base the odds on, that was their main issue, giving me accurate odds

nealglover
    Free Member

Tell your friend to email this guy….,

gsharpe@williamhill.co.uk

He will I’ll put him in touch with the right person.

sadexpunk

thank you, will do.

poly
    Free Member

The odds won’t be that good for “run for team GB one day”, he’d get better odds on compete at 2024 or 2028 olympics (or specific European, Commonwealth, world champs etc); better still if he said he would medal, or have an olympic gold by the age of X.  As the bookies won’t have lots of no hopers also getting such bets made there is nothing to balance out the ones which are more likely.

rene59
    Free Member

Aye, run for team GB one day could see him running in an over 80’s special event decades down the line or some other possibility. I think from hearing about similar personal type bets you would need to be very specific.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘how to place a bet on a family member?’ is closed to new replies.