Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • How to not start a cyclewear brand – The Saga Continues to Continue!
  • owenl92
    Free Member

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their comments and willingness to help get this project off the ground. I’d also like to clarify that this is an effort to generate feedback and opinions, and your feedback has already been a huge help (the feedback that I got to read that is).

Not least of all because it showed that there was a genuine interest in my original riding shirt concept! This was particularly nice to know, as I was starting to worry that my previous surveying was just a collection of false positives. This made me confident enough to revisit the shirt, and I’d love to hear (technically read, but you know what I mean) what you think.

In all honesty, I was never totally confident in the t-shirts and hoodies because they were just a fall-back to the shirt, even though it’s the shirt that I feel is the best representation of what FRINJE should be about. It’s still early but this is what the original concept was from the beginning and I have you to thank for reinvigorating my commitment to it.

If you could give the updated site (frinje.co) a look and once again leave any comments or feedback, it would be hugely appreciated. There’s also a link a link to the Instagram page, so be sure to follow for updates on how things are coming along. And feel free to share it with anyone! I need all the help I can get!

Thanks for reading.

thepodge
    Free Member

I think there are rules about advertising on this forum

njee20
    Free Member

Do you need to spam the bloody forum with a new thread every time you make a minor change to your still woefully ill fitting shirts?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Harry_the_Spider

This is going well…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think there are rules about advertising on this forum

It needs to flash?

sbob
    Free Member

It needs to flash?

I’ll flash someone for twenty quid. Other services are available.

DezB
    Free Member

woefully ill fitting shirts

Somebody bought one?

RustyNissanPrairie

Ted Baker did a range of cycling stuff that doesn’t look like cycling stuff – it bombed and was all dumped via Wiggle.

https://www.tedbaker.com/uk/mens/editorial/raising_the_handle_bars

Good luck – am oot

DezB
    Free Member

I feel all hot n sweaty just looking at the shirt. Is it as thick as it looks?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Maybe if somebody did he could buy an ad and us P’s would be protected

Trimix
    Free Member

I read the previous thread where you got feedback – to me the feedback was mostly suggesting the logo / product / idea was all pants.

Interestingly you see it differently, so hats off to your optimism 🙂

But in the interests of providing feedback:

Pictures / logo are still horrible and it still doesn’t look like a shirt you would buy for riding a bike on.

franksinatra

The photos are grainy low res.

It is designed for riding, tailored for the bike, surely you need a photo of someone wearing it on a bike so we can see the fit when riding?

The whole front page is dedicated to the shirt but I cannot buy the shirt if I wanted to (I don’t) and there is nothing to say how or when I can buy it.  You try to sell me the shirt but then don’t let me buy it.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Not for me – way too hipster.  My brother would probably like it mind, not that he rides!

The pictures are terrible though, as said above.  Looks like they were shot on a mobile and attacked with a rubbish instagram filter!

franksinatra

and another thing on the terrible photos…
    ….your model looks like a cross between Jarvis Cocker, Robert Peston, Mr Whitby (my nonce PE teacher at school) and a tramp. If buying your shirt makes me look like that then I’m oooot.

ganic
    Free Member

not the most original concept…….

Home

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What was up the tree? Or does he need some physio? Or did sbob flash again?

tdog
    Free Member

Another money making excercise from a shed, probably made out of cotton.

Harry_the_Spider

This is going well…

convert

I can only see that shirt selling to folk pedaling around urban environments. Your photos are in a rural context. It don’t work. And this shirts usp is that it is bike specific yet you don’t have a single shot of the lad within 100 yds of a bike.

It’s a pants effort.

are you really the man/woman for the job?

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those Ted Baker shirts, I really like it, wouldn’t mind a few more

franksinatra

What was up the tree

The entrepreneurial dreams of owen192 ?

wl
    Free Member

Doesn’t look too bad to me on a first (very) quick glance. Not great, but a good effort. Copy’s a bit forced and wooden tho, and there are errors like ‘everyday’ as one word. Good luck with the project – it’s a tough business to be in.

franksinatra

so is it available to buy or not?

scotroutes

I read the previous thread where you got feedback – to me the feedback was mostly suggesting the logo / product / idea was all pants.

Nah – that was that ex-bike bloke.

onandon
    Free Member

Open site. Go to look but get hit with the “ please sigh up for blah blah blah “

close site and can’t be bothered.

Cougar

Yeah, this is a little too close to stealth advertising to my mind.  Doubly so as you’ve already got a near-identical thread running that’s only a couple of weeks old.

Asking for feedback on a website is fine (though it’d be more clear-cut if the site wasn’t live and trading).  Starting multiple threads going “hey everyone, look at my website” is too far.  If you wish to advertise on STW then you can contact ads@singletrackworld.com to discuss options.

(My 2p – it’s the same godawful everything-on-one-page theme that everyone and their mother is using at the moment.  Paying for a web designer and a professional photographer would be money well spent.)

I’m closing this now.  Good luck with your venture.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘How to not start a cyclewear brand – The Saga Continues to Continue!’ is closed to new replies.