Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • How to listen to music
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ Malvern Rider – 4/6 for me as well. I didn’t pick the 128 file (the worst) in the two I got wrong, I went with the 320. I settled on 320 bit rate as good enough for me years ago by doing blind testing!

It’s easier to notice the quality difference in the high end, with music that is orchestral string heavy or concentrate on the clarity of the vocals. Crispness of the plosive’s and sibilance if they haven’t been de-essed to death or recorded with the top end rolled off to begin with.

Obviously if the equipment you listen with is shite, it’s usually the treble end of the spectrum, presence and brilliance zones, (yes that’s really what they’re called!) that is most deficient, then you most likely won’t notice!

plumber
    Free Member

6 months ago we went to the sonos shop in that London

We already had a beam for the TV – its nice enough

Asked him to pop on some films to see if we ‘needed’ anything else. turns out the Beam was enough in our small tv room

As an afterthought I asked if we could just hear some music. Chose a track and I can say it was a revelation, ended up with a couple of ones with a potential sub next year

I’d all but given up listening to music other than in the car but I now listen to all sort of audio with the ‘system’, it can at times be jaw dropping.

Happy to hear all the naysayers tell me about boosted this and that but the end result is I know actively listen to music I haven’t heard in decades

and its good that you can take a one around the house easily if you wish

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘How to listen to music’ is closed to new replies.