• This topic has 56 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by U31.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • How to introduce onesself to…
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Little Known Fact: He found the mutilated corpse of one of the Yorkshire Ripper's victims. True dat.

noteeth
    Free Member

Sieves are clearly the new Bombers.

Cougar

After a while, you'd get to the point where you could open with the line "I've been thinking. You should see my sieves".

I wouldn't, it might put too much of a strain on the relationship.

noteeth
    Free Member

I wouldn't, it might put too much of a strain on the relationship.

She'd also see right through you.

Cougar

I imagine that's be quite draining after a while.

Mush
    Free Member

That story's full of holes.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Years ago I used to drive past a bus stop and see a stunning girl their every evening on my way home, I then found out she worked in a building society just up the road from my office, so on Feb 14th 1990 I walked in one morning and handed her a valentines card with a short message and were I worked, that lunchtime she was walking into my office as I was leaving with a card in her hand, I asked if it was for me, she went bright red and we went out and even lived together for a while.

BoardinBob

We ended up going out for about 3 months, until she went travelling for a year

Aye, travelling. That's what she did.

In my youth I told a lot of girls I was going "travelling" after about 3 months

miketually
    Free Member

You went out with your wife's cousin? Is that legal?

Cousin kicked. I asked wife.

Except she wasn't my wife then. Obviously.

(The day after I rode a MTB for the first time, too.)

Bunnyhop

These stories make my heart flutter with hope.

I had to chase mr. bunnyhop before he twigged I fancied him. No sieves were used in the starting up of our relationship.

My best friend married a chap that took a fancy to her on his train commute into Manchester every morning. He took courage one day and followed her into the banking hall where she worked and asked a colleague for some help. Luckily they lived within a few miles of each other and soon started a serious relationship.

Cougar

as I was leaving with a card in her hand, I asked if it was for me, she went bright red

… did she show you the card, or did it strangely disappear?

(-:

DavidB
    Free Member

Stood next to a stunning blond at bus stop every day for six months. Met her out one night in the pub and went over and said "hello". I was able to breath 5 minutes later when her boyfriend took his hands off my throat and put me back down to the floor. Never ever ever again.

samuri
    Free Member

Loving the sieve story, that's great.

I think the closest I can come to that is that before I had gained enough confidence to just ask girls out straight, I bumped into this beautiful young lady working in a cafe when out on a bike ride. From that day on I would always call in at that cafe for a mug of tea.

After many bumbled attempts at stating my intentions, I finally managed to blurt out that I fancied her.

"I know," she said with a totally deadpan face, "I've been waiting for you to ask me out for weeks." It didn't last, sadly. She was a very nice girl, but I was a very silly young man.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    as I was leaving with a card in her hand, I asked if it was for me, she went bright red
    … did she show you the card, or did it strangely disappear?

(-:

She was not expecting me to be walking out the door, she thought she could leave it with our receptionist, she had left her phone number in the valentines card for me, Turns out she had noticed me too! happy days 😀

BoardinBob

Can't help thinking about the 'nard Dog

iDave
    Free Member

A friend (cough) once handed a card with my his number on it to a married woman and said, give that to your single twin sister…….

U31
    Free Member

Stood next to a stunning blond at bus stop every day for six months. Met her out one night in the pub and went over and said "hello". I was able to breath 5 minutes later when her boyfriend took his hands off my throat and put me back down to the floor. Never ever ever again.

Nowt to do with you, but your situation reminded me of me being "That" boyfreind!!

A couple of years before i met the uber sexy Mrs 31, i was going out with a gorgeous model – god alone how i managed to pull her, but i introduced mesen, got talking, got on like a house on fire an 24 hours later we were an item…

Now being drop dead gorgeous, she'd be hit upon at every opportunity weather i was in tow or not, and one night in a bar, we'd had a few, chased by more then a few sambucca chasers, when a particularly sleazy character tried his luck..

Even in my half cut state i could read his intention, and even though the gf made it plain she was out with her SO, he still carried on..
    Not wanting to make i massive scene, i introduced myself smiled and shook his hand… with a death grip that could have cracked a cricket ball, leaned in to his ear as if to make conversation over the loud music and whispered in his ear that he was pushing his luck a bit to far, with a few expletives thrown in..

I was nearly crying with laughter all the way home when we got in the Taxi and she said " wasnt that guy a the bar lovely!"

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘How to introduce onesself to…’ is closed to new replies.