Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • How to get Sportive fast in 5 hours…?
  • Kryton57

How good are hill climbs and would knocking out an hours worth of repeated cat 4 on an SS MTB tomorrow on lieu of a hard ride (road bike in the shop) be good?

oldgit
    Free Member

I’d relax now and treat the sportive as the ‘hard’ ride.

I’d set off quick but keep the powder dry and wind it up. Actually that’s silly advice, that’s just what I do.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Resurrecting after linking from another thread.

So what happened to the OP? Did he buy a Pinarello Dogma with deep section carbon wheels? Did he charge from the line and get caught up in a club chain gang and blow up after 50k? Or did he smash it and win the “race”?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Krypton – you’ve been told already, take it fairly easy. It’s too late to do anything except blow yourself up. At this stage it’s about tactics for the event as per post on which group or not to be in. I’d also suggest the bike gets a good check over and ride after coming back from the LBS.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sportive

Means fit blindfold and earmuffs

Go balls to the wall for first 30 minutes – explode and grovel for the rest. Seemsto be what happens at any sportive ive been too . Just end up riding off the front till the idiots are dropped then ease up into a group that looks safe.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘How to get Sportive fast in 5 hours…?’ is closed to new replies.