Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How to get a track from a wahoo elemnt bolt?
  • meeeee
    Free Member

I’ve been using an elemnt bolt on the road for a while but yesterday just started using it on the mountain bike.

How do i export a track from it? I want to get a tcx or gpx file that I can open in viewranger or backcountry navigator and overlay onto an ordnance survey map so I can use it it to track new bits of path I explore.

In the element app I can only share a .fit file which viewranger and backcountry navigator won’t open. Komoot only allows a .fit download. And ridewithgps says I have to be a paid member to download a tcx or gpx from the fit file sync from the elemnt app.

Is there a way to get a track from the elemnt via the app without having to join and pay for more 3rd party apps?

tomwardill

I’ve used this Converter with success before.
    It’s meant for combining files into one, but if you just upload one file, you can then download it as a GPX.

Edit: Ah, missed you want it via the app. That link is probably less helpful then!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Do you upload to strava?
    If so just open the activity in strava, add /export_tcx to the page name in your browser and it will download the txc file for you.

meeeee
    Free Member

Not currently uploading to Strava but I’ll try that, Thanks.

CraigW
    Free Member

Also an online converter at Gpsies. You have to register, but it is free. https://www.gpsies.com/

wzzzz
    Free Member

Also GPS Babel

https://www.gpsbabel.org/

BadlyWiredDog

You probably know this already, but if you synch your Elemnt with Komoot you can download a GPS direct from the Komoot website.

meeeee
    Free Member

^^^^

I was using komoot but just the app, didn’t think of trying the website for a gpx download. Doh!

Thanks Badlywireddog!

BadlyWiredDog

No worries.

benman
    Free Member

If you already sync to ridewithgps, you can simply click on the completed ride and then go ‘copy to my routes’. You can then download the route as gpx/tpx.

Again, you need a desktop to do this.

Flaperon

Just open the ride in the app and tap the share button. Gives you the option to export the GPX or FIT file.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How to get a track from a wahoo elemnt bolt?’ is closed to new replies.