Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How to find a job
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Looks like i might be joining the list of redundancies soon, i have had this job since leaving Uni, so trying to think about what to do, i might get a relocation if i want, or i could look for work elsewhere.

What would be the most sensible way forward, Local paper etc never seems to have to much in it. I don’t think walking now would be good, just starting the consultation and to much redundancy money to walk away early.

and any advice on what to put in a CV? never been too hot at selling myself.

ourmaninthenorth

What do you do?
    What sector do you work in?
    What level are you at?
    What are your personal circumastances (i.e. do they permit you to move around)?

jon1973
    Free Member

Jobserve is always a good start. Get signed up to a few good agencies and let them do the hard work for you. Also, use old contacts from uni and see if any old friend know of any positions going.

mrmo
    Free Member

OMTN,

Data Analyst/CRM/admin/
    Profiled Steel for the construction industry
    joey
    tenant with long term partner.

To be fair, i am not tied to where i live, my family is here etc, but there is nothing to stop me moving such as a house to sell.

uplink
    Free Member

IME good jobs come from contacts rather than advertised vacancies

tyke
    Free Member

Monster.co.uk is a good place to look as for a job as well as post your CV.

You might try and get a profile up on LinkedIn if you think it is relevant to your skill set. LinkedIn is a professional networking site and is good if you think that a job might come from a referral, from someone one of your friends/colleagus knows.

itchy
    Free Member

As what Uplink says, more likely to find it through contacts than any other means. I got made redundant last Wednesday and arranged an interview for both Thursday and Friday just by ringing existing customers and one of our main rivals. Mentioned it on here and a couple of folk have mailed suggestions through and mailed Ton last night after he ‘advertised’ on here somewhere! Just dropped off CV at my sister-in-laws firm as they are recruiting and hopefully have a head start there. Got a good redundancy package so with a bit of luck may find myself with a job to start and two months off on full pay!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How to find a job’ is closed to new replies.