Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How to disable annoying BBC Sounds thumping intro?
  • Mat

As per title, when I summon a bbc radio station on my sonos I’m greeted with a grating jingle “bbc sounds, bumbum-bum”. The EQ/volume is fine the rest of the time, just this is particularly bassy. It’s like having someone jabbing me in the forehead saying “here’s f****** bbc a*******” through gritted teeth.

Can I disable it somehow before I launch my Sonos across the garden?

Is anyone else similarly annoyed by this or just me?

#firstworldproblems

johnners
    Free Member

The EQ/volume is fine the rest of the time

Not IME, sound levels are all over the shop from programme to programme. Can’t help with your query either, I’d love to drop the jarring ident but somehow I don’t think BBC will offer the option.

pictonroad

Not just you and not just them. The volume of ads in podcasts is unacceptable as well.

No idea how to stop it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

winston
    Free Member

am confused? Just listened to several editions of the Moral maze through Sounds whilst Zwifting and there is no intro, just Michael Burke’s voice of doom as he introduces each episode with a weak slightly sexist joke…

mattyfez

Some audio apps have active corrections depending on settings, DB power amp does, it generally works well, for example

https://i.imgur.com/gLUZpKN.png

phil5556

Does sounds work worth Sonos now?

And I can play podcasts/catch up radio on it? 😮😀

minimind
    Free Member

Does sounds work worth Sonos now?
    And I can play podcasts/catch up radio on it?

Yes but only via Air Play on the newer Sonos speakers like the One, One SL, Move, Play 5.

For these you hear on the Sonos exactly what you get from BBC Sounds: live radio, podcasts, catchup etc.

It does seem to work very well

phil5556

Ah that’s a shame, I was hoping they added it as a new service.

Not worth me buying a new speaker just for that, all my 1s are the older version.

scaredypants

I’d like to be able to mute all the hyperbolic shit voiceovers that the BBC uses, like the 5live “more live football…” bollocks.
    I bet David Mitchell thought he was exaggerating for comic effect when they did that sketch but he now seems understated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How to disable annoying BBC Sounds thumping intro?’ is closed to new replies.