Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • How to convince the GF to have more than 6 people at the wedding
  • itsasecret
    Free Member

Its driving me insane my girlfriends (irrational in my opinion) desire to limit our wedding to just family. Im not even that close to my family. Its not going to cost us any more to have a few friends. But she is being very stubborn. I’m not talking herds of people. Its only 30ish in total. What should I do?

wwaswas

if it matters this much to you and she’s not prepared to be flexible then I’d be having doubts.

on the other hand… do you know why she’s inisting? Has she had bad experiences of ‘large’ weddings or something?

Torminalis
    Free Member

Insist on a pre-nup.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You just wanting to bang her mates?

allthepies
    Free Member

If she’s like that now…….

<sucks in air between teeth>

Jamie
    Free Member

First post? Really?

ski
    Free Member

Well if that’s what she wants………

Mine, did not want me to invite my x girlfriends for some weird reason too? 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ask her why she only wants immediate family and tell her why you want to invite friends.

thomthumb
    Free Member

tell her.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you need to compromise or just hand her your dignity and free will now

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Tell her you invited me?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How about compromising by saying you are fine with a small wedding but say you want a big party afterwards (same day or after the honeymoon) with friends invited…

That is kinda what we did (although we were agreed on just having family and our closest friends at the wedding, it still amounted to some 40+ people).

Then around another 100 people met us straight after the ceremony for a garden party at my wife’s parents’ house so they still had the wedding breakfast etc, just didn’t see the vows been taken (which is the boring bit anyway).

fourbanger
    Free Member

edit

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Tell her you wont get married then simple.

grunty
    Free Member

Tell her it’s “our wedding” not “HER” wedding

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

As Grunty said! Especially if you aren’t particularly close to your family!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

If she’s like that now…….

<sucks in air between teeth>

+1

<widens eyes as well>

geoffj

run, run away now!

iDave
    Free Member

It’s almost like she doesn’t care about you…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Tell her how much you love her and how much you want to show her off and display your commitment to her in the company of as many people as possible?

Junkyard
    Free Member

by streaming it live on stw

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*orders new helmet for live wedding video stream*

DT78
    Free Member

Think how much money you will be saving and spend it on a new orange 5?

edhornby

this thread is useless without pictures 😉

interesting that it’s the female half that wants a small wedding – I’d be well chuffed if mrs Ed said 6 guests, think of the savings

itsasecret
    Free Member

Yeh, shes hard work at the best of times. Its not helping having a wedding to organise with her, but generally its good times.

Imagine a stroppy teenager/bridezilla and then think of a way of convincing her to have something she doesnt want, and let me know….

itsasecret
    Free Member

p.s. it cost nothing to have more people at the ceremony as we wont be feeding them after. My view is, we have the room, lets fill it.

We have a party for 170 in the evening.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Damn your quick posting.

Maybe she’s just saving you from being embarrassed in front of loads of people when she jilts you at the alter?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Imagine a stroppy teenager/bridezilla and then think of a way of convincing her to have something she doesnt want, and let me know….

then you marry her and then you have children – you think this will moderate her 😯

Really really really good luck mate I suspect you will need it

itsasecret
    Free Member

thanks for all the encouragment. we are paying for the wedding as the mother in law to be started getting involved when they were paying and it was getting out of control. now just need to have the tug of war with the girlfriend.

This is all sounding like a bad idea now.

iDave
    Free Member

As someone who was married to a control freak, may I suggest that if she gets her way over a major early issue like this…. well, you know how life will pan out for you, don’t you? Can she not see that she loses nothing by having more guests but you gain a great deal? So in effect, she will prevent you from having ‘things’ that impact you positively and actually don’t impact her negatively – just because she can.

the-muffin-man

I suppose its easier to tell friends that the service is family only and be strict about it, than have the situation where you have some of your friends, but she has none of hers – then her friends find out your friends went to the service and then want to know why they weren’t invited!! Then X friend wants to know why Y friend went and they didn’t, then X friend falls out with your other half and friend Y – and before you know it the evening do has spiraled into a massive fight and half the guests spend the night in the police cells!

Hope that’s clear!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

itsasecret
    Free Member

i just wish she would get over it, and we invite her friends, my friends, and our friends. I think i may have just about talked her into ‘our’ friends. But still seems pointless not to fill the room with all our friends.

xiphon
    Free Member

What’s life like, under the bridge?

br
    Free Member

Oh, and might as well sell any bikes that you have as you won’t be needing them.

And maybe she doesn’t want your friends there, as you won’t be seeing them after either…

dooosuk
    Free Member

Do you think she’s been shagging one of your mates and doesn’t want them at the wedding?

dufresneorama
    Free Member

This your girlfriend?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxQDWDPmIU&playnext=1&list=PL76B0164CD959F507&index=2

I would never raise my hand to a woman…but this bitch would get a swift kick

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tell her about it. Tell her all your crazy dreams. Let her know how much it means.

grunty
    Free Member

If the wedding is in a church, then do you actually have any control over WHO sees the wedding? I thought you could pitch up to anyones wedding in a church.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘How to convince the GF to have more than 6 people at the wedding’ is closed to new replies.