Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How to come to a fair price?
  • Slacks
    Free Member

A friends been offered by a colleague a Specialized Allez elite bike (2006 model with bits of 105 and stock kit). The guy said to make an offer on it. How do you work out something that keeps everyone happy?

A 105 equipped bike from trek, specialized or Scott come in at grand or more new. Its in good nick, not ridden much, but a few years old.

I'm watching a few items on flea bay to get an idea but wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

br
    Free Member

£500?

mieszko
    Free Member

I would think something under or around £400 is a reasonable offer. My last Trek 1200 with Tiagra/105 and also almost new cost me £240 + some bits like new bar tape and a better saddle, all in was about £270. They usually go for around £300/350. Specialized is popular and I also watched some Allez models but the higher in the range models went for around £400/450 on eBay. Again the eBay prices are one thing as some will bid high but never pay so the bike will be relisted.

uplink
    Free Member

50% off current retail for the first year & then 10% for each subsequent year
    then add or deduct for condition/damage

so a mint 3 yr old £1000 bike is worth £300 + – say – £100 for condition

£400

Slacks
    Free Member

Cheers for the info. I think £400 seems reasonable to me. I guess he can only say no.

mieszko
    Free Member

Also good thing to mention is that if he want's to sell on eBay he'll have to pay fees for listing, final price and PayPal and maybe get a box and have the hassle of packing it up and arranging the courier etc if it was not set as collection only. Fees would be around £30 (listing/final price/PayPal) so he saves that as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to come to a fair price?’ is closed to new replies.