Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How to clean out your seat tube (not a euphemism!)
  • flossie
    Free Member

Removed my seat post tonight and it was a bit of a struggle, so I was wondering if anyone had any really quick easy way of cleaning out a seat tube, or am I to continue struggling with a rag wrapped rod. (Easy for you to say)
    A free haribo to the first one to say ‘Presure Washer’. Let’s just get that one over with!

Floss

Liftman

Compressor

kayak23

Cylindrical wire brush in a drill with an extension rod setup and some penetrating oil.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cleaning a seat tube is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman…..

flossie
    Free Member

Oooh, like the brush in the drill idea!
    Compressor? How does that work?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pressure washer. Now where are my haribo?

flossie
    Free Member

Onzadog, cherry boll*k or c**k ring? I’ll see what I can find down the side of the cushion on the sofa.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Long rod with a slot cut in it and emery tape wrapped round. Fit in drill and get reamering.

coatesy
    Free Member

Been using one of Machine Mart’s brake cyinder honing tools for about £9 with very good results recently.

Northwind

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Cleaning a seat tube is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman…..

Damn straight. I use the Mucoff round brush, on a string, and I poke it in with a bit of M10 bar. How sexy is that?

gavmtb
    Free Member

Deburr Brush

Cut end off, stick in drill…… done!

puncturo
    Free Member

1. Get a cheap alloy wheel brush (one where the wire inside the bristles loops out from the handle). These are usually the cheapest ones in the shop.
    2. Cut one end of the U shaped wire inside the bristles near the handle (or just wait ’til it snaps through use).
    3. Straighten the wire into one long bit.
    4. Moisten bristles with WD40 and insert into seatpost.
    5. Agitate.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Shotgun cleaning kit. Maybe a 10 bore or even bigger.

bencooper
    Free Member

If it’s just clearing crud and polishing, I use a Flex Hone in a power drill.

qwerty
    Free Member

Start with your tounge….

Northwind

Would a brake hone go all the way down? My one is admittedly shit but it’ll only do a few inches

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How to clean out your seat tube (not a euphemism!)’ is closed to new replies.