Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • How to banish the soot fairy?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I was tired last night after being designated driver, so I went to bed early.

Awaken this morning to a number of frantic and apologetic texts describing how she ‘didn’t realise she had last-night left that new candle-mirror burning in the toilet-room’. Enter the toilet-room and see a mound of molten wax all over the toilet cistern. The (painted) entire walls and ceiling are now an interesting if patchy shade of candle-black. Not helped by it having being a very tall ‘just for display’ gift candle with a cardboard label wrapped mid-way.

There is evidence of a soot-fairy having experimented with some ‘wipe-out’ style graffiti art.

Anyone know what the next move is? Cheap and cheerful options will be considered first and foremost 😀

RustySpanner

New patio?
    Wee in her shoes, costs nowt?

trail_rat
    Free Member

wtf is a candle mirror ….

and equally i hope all parties now realise why a “candle mirror” is an accident waiting to happen.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

WTF is a candle mirror?

core

Slats, hoof.

Cougar

Jinx.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

WTF is a candle mirror?

Something like:

So, wet clean, dry-clean (with what) or just paint over and use the soot as pigment to create nice streaks?

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah id thank my lucky stars that the house didnt burn down with that thing.

Anyway – sugar soap scrub before you painted would be a good start.

nickdavies

Hoover with brush attachment to get the worst off, then sugar soap. Protect the carpet.
    You can get the dry cleaning magic sponges but no idea where from.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I’d try brushing it off first. If that doesn’t work, wet sponge with sugar soap. If the walls are white you could try HG Mould Spray. I used this on a massive red wine stain on a wall and it miraculously disappeared. If that doesn’t work… re-paint.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

and equally i hope all parties now realise why a “candle mirror” natural blonde is an accident waiting to happen.

The party was immediately and roundly disabused of any notion otherwise. Mirror was only ever an inactive wall ornament this last 15 yrs.

Thanks for suggestions, have tried magic sponge. It puts white stuff on the wall. Could be expensive as one is worn already and two in a pack for a fiver..

beej

Why are you the one tasked with cleaning it up?

RustySpanner

Not married then Beej?

bruneep

they keep me in a job

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Why are you the one tasked with cleaning it up?

I offered. The very real horror and shame exhibited by said party was enough to motivate my benevolent gland. Pragmatism sealed the deal owing to soot-fairy being physically incapabledisabled.

In her defence by the time I awoke she’d already called around excellent friends for advice and they had volunteered a ‘paint party’ .

Being a man still blessed with stubborn if misguided pride…’Nah, no probs, I’ll do it thanks!’ Ongoing groin injury dictates extra planning maybe also required.

Cougar

I used this on a massive red wine stain on a wall

There’s a story here you’re not telling, I fear.

zokes
    Free Member

I’m more concerned that there have been about 10 posts since that picture and nobody has remarked upon its resemblance to a certain part of the female anatomy…

beej

Ah, all is explained.

No, not married but have lived with the same woman for 20+ years. I think if it was cleaning related she wouldn’t let me near it for fear of a shoddy job being done.

cheers_drive

Is it me or does that mirror look like it’s been hoofed?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Cougar Clouseau, you’re right. But this is a family forum…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

OK 10 mins with Magic eraser:

Sunday is clocking on. And now some muscle-bound bloke in a ski-mask just pulled alongside me in a shiny armoured car. I thought he was going to kill me but he (bizarrely) gave me $3,465,000 dollars! Looks like a busy afternoon…

CountZero

It could be you’ve got an infestation of Susuwatari – soot sprites. Devious little devils!

samunkim
    Free Member

sootkins ?

NSFW google

Gary_M
    Free Member

I don’t understand any of the original post, candle mirror, tired from being designated driver, frantic texts about a candle. I’m lost.

You might need paint though.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘How to banish the soot fairy?’ is closed to new replies.