• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • How to avoid the swear evasion filter
  • BermBandit
    Free Member

Reading the threads and comments about the tightening up I’ve no problem with it, but it seems to me that the way forward is for the hive mind to create a subculture dictionary of euphemisms and alterantive words to use instead. I’ve always been particularly fond of TWUNT as the abusive term of choice. Says way more than either or both of the originals that it is derived from. So c’mon then lets have some more of em.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Probably best to let it lie for a bit…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Flipping
    Berk
    Sugar
    Blinking
    Chuffnut

Your parents have been doing it for years.

j_me
    Free Member

BB – Don’t be a cat 😉

DaRC_L

How about Jezza as in Jeremy Hunt 😆
    the new rhyming slang to replace Berk(eley Hunt)

wwaswas

Mr Woppit talks some sense…

donks
    Free Member

Why not go for the old school approach like with the dandy horse thing, you know in a chumley warner kind of fashion.

simonralli2
    Free Member

How about finding ways to express yourself that do not involve swearing or is that really too hard? It’s not hard is it surely? This is a family orientated forum and I have no issue with it being child friendly. Long may it be so!

Pook

All this family orientated guff that gets bandied about on here… just how young is the youngest contributor? As far as i can see, it’s probably sambob at 14.

He’s been on a few pootles, and the language he’s heard is much worse than a few dollar signs and a 5 as an s.

edit: sorry Simon, don’t mean to suggest you’re talking guff, but just how family orientated are we?

Admiralable
    Free Member

In Siberia in 1623, a single black fox-fur pelt could be exchanged for a cabin with 50 acres of land, five horses, ten cows and 20 sheep.

Pook

bullocks?

iDave
    Free Member

Never in a million years would I have called this a family oriented forum?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mr Woppit talks some sense…

Which is, to be fair, quite rare… 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

So are abbreviations of frequently exclaimed sweary exclamations banned?

Such as WT…. and FF…etc..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0mFN2aiBy8[/video]

backhander
    Free Member

merde?
    Branleur?
    Fous?

wwaswas

Which is, to be fair, quite rare…

Hence me being moved to comment 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

I just meant that people’s children may read what is on here. I have no problem with that. It’s easy enough to have adult discussions that do not cause offense – that was what I was getting at.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

8)

Mark

Whether you consider it a family oriented forum or not is beside the point. The fact is that this forum can be read by anyone of any age. It’s not a private closed forum when it comes to reading. It is very public and it is part of our terms and conditions of use that you consider this simple fact before you decide to post.

You are not engaging in a private conversation on the internet. You are publicly making statements that can access by anyone of any age. We ask.. no we insist.. that you consider that before you make use of our forum.

Remember.. On here YOU are in public But it is US that is responsible for what you say.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘How to avoid the swear evasion filter’ is closed to new replies.