Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • How to avoid catching colds/flu
  • teasel
    Free Member

but look, if you’re content to carry on, don’t worry about it. If it works for you…

Yeah, I’m not trying to enforce it, just share my own avoidance methods. It’s probably been about two or so years since I’ve had anything at all so it’s working for me. Seems you’re similar without the wipes so as you write, it’s all good!

somafunk

MSP : I just stand outside and shout till i get let in or punched in the face and told to **** off 😉

nickc : I consider the general public to be mobile infecting machines, contaminating everything around me – I’ll quite happily get myself filthy and covered in shite up on the farm or handle beasts all day without a care in the world.

I’ve had a bicuspid heart valve since birth so i can’t afford to damage it any further – i get tested every 6 months to make sure. It’s had damage before from viral infections so i’m very careful these days as i do not want the hassle of a pigs valve replacement done every 10 years, also got a compromised immune system due to a spinal injury years ago which affected my nervous system along with internal damage to spleen/kidneys/liver etc so things don’t really work as they should but all being well they usually function without too much bother or intervention, however it doesn’t take much to overload the autonomic system and i end up in hospital which i don’t like.

So i’m quite happy to continue to be an antiseptic wiping, hand gel wringing paranoid android with a healthy disdain for the unwashed infected mass public out there 🙂

Cougar

I see the use of ‘we’ a lot on this forum, particularly from members that have a P in front of their names

It’s the Royal We, obviously.

although you haven’t claimed it on this thread, you have at a different time.

That would seem unlikley, as it’s not something I’ve ever thought. It’s entirely possible that I worded it badly and / or you misunderstood me, though.

But hey, it’s no biggy for me – just chewin’ the fat.

Absolutely.

nickc

somafunk, wow that sounds like a bunch to contend with ! I think I’d be wiping antiseptic wipes all over that place as well 😯

Teasel, it you’re staying healthy, then all’s good 8)

Drac

Teasel heading out for a pint of milk.

teasel
    Free Member

🙂

Though I’d probably match gloves and boots TBH.

But just in case I’ve left the impression of a Jacko type weirdo when it comes to the earthyness of life, here’s a vid of me touching a filthy beast…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UlN5WZY6OI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

It’s a bit boring as it’s just a bloke scratching an animal but if you zoom forward to about 3:18 you see him lurch to the right – that’s him getting the arse with some pigeons attempting to hurry him along so they can steal his food treat.

It’s only human dirt I try to avoid, though I wouldn’t go licking my fingers after touching ol’ munty obviously.

you misunderstood me

That’s highly likely. Wouldn’t be the first time either – I have a knack for it…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

never touch door handles

I sure as hell don’t open loo doors with my bare, just washed hands on the way out of public lavatories.

The number of people that don’t wash their hands after a dump revolts me.

noltae
    Free Member

Colodial Silver …. ..

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

With the exception of a small benefit from zinc, almost all vitamins pills and supplements and protein shakes etc don’t appear to be useful:

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2011/05May/Documents/BtH_supplements.pdf

Drac

With the exception of a small benefit from zinc, almost all vitamins pills and supplements and protein shakes etc don’t appear to be useful:

Yup and the “Don’t drink milk as it causes mucous” is bollocks too.

teasel
    Free Member

That would seem unlikley, as it’s not something I’ve ever thought. It’s entirely possible that I worded it badly and / or you misunderstood me, though.

Found it!

And by not exposing your immune system to daily life, the first time you get a cold you’ll be hospitalised.

Yep, I remembered incorrectly – my apologies.

Haven’t been hospitalised for some time, though, despite being a weirdy cleany OCD type…

jim25

If anyone around me gets ill then I start drinking ginger,lemon and honey drinks. The real stuff not the powder lemsip crap. Cut up a lump of fresh ginger in to small pieces or even grate it on the cheese grater, bit chunk of lemon squeezed in and then a spoon of nice honey, not the crappy syruppy cheap stuff. All in a cup of boiling water and drink!
    Tastes pretty good and has always help ward off the germs!

globalti
    Free Member

The placebo effect is powerful; researchers have even found that placebo pills work better if they’re the right colour – orange or red for pills to pick you up amd blue or purple for pills to calm you down.

95% of illnesses cure themselves with time and doctors know this; the French philosopher Voltaire said that “Medicine consists mostly of keeping the patient amused while Nauture does her work”. So your home-made cold remedy may seem to work but it’s more likely just coincidence.

wilburt
    Free Member

Does anyone have any national level data showing the prefelance of cold/flu related illness perhaps by month? Does it reveal any trends?

wilburt
    Free Member

I sure as hell don’t open loo doors with my bare, just washed hands on the way out of public lavatories

How do you get out?

poah
    Free Member

nothing – suck it up bitch lol

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

How do you get out?

Push down on the handle with my knees or elbows, open the door from the frame, edge or lip etc. Or hold a paper towel and do it with that [if there’s a nearby bin I spotted on the way in]. Sleeves if desperate, or wait for someone else to open the door on their way in!

It’s not really rocket science – have a look at the door handles and surrounding area next time you use a public loo, they’re usually revoltingly dirty – clearly not cleaned. Factor in the “wipe* and go” from other people and you really should be a bit revolted.

I’m not really concerned about much else, for example I spent a couple of hours laying paving slabs with a mate this morning and used my hands to spread the earth we’d loosened around, 5 minutes later I washed the mud off my hands with only water and then drank from the tap.

It’s pretty much just loos I get fussy about. Doors that open outwards and you can push open with your feet would be better, I wish they were standard 🙁

*I assume they wipe, I dread to think.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘How to avoid catching colds/flu’ is closed to new replies.