Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How thick is a SRAM Guide bleed block?
  • Leadfold

I need to fabricate a block as I don’t have one. Can anyone measure one and let me know how thick it is? Cheers

joebristol

Old guide or new guide?

When I Bird the old style guide I just slipped a pair of pliers nose first in the gap and they literally just fitted in there. Bled it like that and was perfect.

I may have a spare old style guide bleed block lying around if I can find it. Not home until later this afternoon to look.

If its a newer style guide the block is different and I don’t have a spare, but I could measure it.

Leadfold

I think it is the new Guide (bleeding edge system), bought June 2018. And thanks I only need the measurement

Leadfold

Just got this. 11mm apparently

joebristol

That sounds about right. It’s basically tight inside the entire caliper – I had to push all the pistons back in fully to get the block in.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The SRAM blocks are useful (for lots of brakes) but i’ve bodged spacers out of all sorts of stuff over the years.  Old brake pads and cardboard being the most obvious, cut down plastic building packers.  Or just stuff a load of whatever comes to hand between the pistons and hold it in with tape/zipties/elastic bands.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How thick is a SRAM Guide bleed block?’ is closed to new replies.