Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • how the mighty have fallen*
  • rOcKeTdOg

*you might have to be of a certain age to understand this

IMAG0015.jpg by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

At least the forks are in the right way round I guess

singlespeedstu

Your new bike RD?

😉

bassspine
    Free Member

saddest thing is, muddy fox have been <swear filter avoidance>saracen</sfa> for at least five years, they really lost the plot.

loddrik
    Free Member

Muddy Fox were THE lust after bike when I was 14 (1987). Doesn’t seem right somehow to see what has become of them…

DavidB
    Free Member

It must be nearly 23 years ago that a mate of mine brought a Muddy Fox Courier into our shared house as we all petted it and patted it and called it “George”. It was the best bike I’d ever seen.

Sad times

Blower
    Free Member

Yep, 🙁

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

in 87/88, when my dream bike was a raleigh mustang, my friends older brother turned up with a top of the range MF bought in the states. he also was a pro windsurfer and lived in hawaii…. arrghhhh the injustice of it all!!!!

Swalsey
    Free Member

Well I was born in ’86, and even I remember the first time I seen a MF – their downhill bike of 1999… those were the days 🙁

4ndyB
    Free Member

Muddy Fox & Silver Fox have utterly devalued the brand that once was up there with some of the best

Saracen kinda did the same, but hopefully they can pull it around with Madison helping out, the new Kili looks lush

I don’t see Muddy Fox pulling it back from where they are now…

Stella Street,
    Chavtown,
    Doley-on-the-Bum,
    TO55 8AG

firestarter
    Free Member

Oh dear, my high school teacher had a muddy fox courier , even tho he was a complete bulb end that bike made him cool

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

at least the suspension design has progressed 😉

tang
    Free Member

recently spotted at the end of my road.

coogan
    Free Member

Ah well, times change. Nothing to cry about.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

tang – Member
    recently spotted at the end of my road.

Cool, not many of those about nowadays.

I blame Landrover’s use of cheap components… 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Had a Courier, crashed it (and me) almost to death and nearly gave up biking all together back in the day….

They were poo, but good for then…

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I remember lusting after one of them in mountain bike international- obviously with one of them infilled rear wheel jobbies

brakes
    Free Member

do you remember the Muddy Fox girls?
    I do
    better than the bikes anyway

GlitterGary
    Free Member

That full susser looks amazing. I remember seeing them at the time, were they any good?

benjag
    Free Member

pop, you mean a tioga diskdrive, made a mint noise!

DickBarton

Fork isn’t the right way in…look at the front brake cable. Runs round back of head tube and down…

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Shame. Gutted really, always wanted a Muddy Fox when they were the bike to have. Bit relieved now though that I went straight to a GT then an Orange.

Northwind

I lusted after a Courier but you know what? When I finally got a go on one, it was less good than the Carrera I got while lusting, and more expensive. Were they ever actually all that brilliant?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What’s the story with Saracen now anyway? I understand that they are no longer Halfords and starting to get good. Any truth in the rumour?

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Hmm, half price you say?…

PeteG55
    Free Member

Really Charlie? Saracen in this months mag?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Ouch.

Saw a bloke getting on the train with one the other day, was a real double take moment when I saw the brand on the frame.

What went wrong? I thought Silverfox covered the low end of the market?

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

First propoer MTB bike was a Courier. Crashed it into the back of a bus coming down Archway Road 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Not sure what you mean Pete. Did they get bad reviews this month? I don’t read the mags. Just the LBS is considering taking them on, said this years kit looked good.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Northwind

The Ariel is nice. ST took one to the fort william endurance dh race and failed to destroy it, which is good going. And Dirt more or less said “This is a good bike with a bad fork” of the Myst. Good comeback.

OTOH I have my brother’s Raw Team in the garage and it is almost magically awful.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Crashed it into the back of a bus coming down Archway Road

We’ve all done that!

(Crashed a Saracen coming down Haverstock Hill)

It is a shame to see such brands reduced to tat. I loved the Muddy Fox logo and brand image. Saracen too.

Ah well. That’s Capitalism for yer. 🙁

Xylene
    Free Member

My mates all had MF or Emelle’s back in the day. I had a Raleigh Mustang in Vaporized Maroon, made of steel tubing filled with lead (it felt like) and non-indexed gears.

coastkid
    Free Member

Had a courier back in the day and loved it.
    Bought another and got it rolling this summer for £60 all in and still makes me smile riding into work on it the odd day 😮

IMG_5934 (2) by coastkid71, on Flickr

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

haha great thread – jesus blast from the past those triangle type pouches for storage on the seat post and top bar, jesus i had literally forgotton about them until that pic, they were a must have bike fashion item round by me when was a kid! great memories 🙁 remember people having them in all sorts of jazzy colours, i was never allowed one 🙁

geoffj

I fitted some new cables to this for a friend a couple of months ago.

Lovely looking bike.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘how the mighty have fallen*’ is closed to new replies.