Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 205 total)
  • How tall are you?
  • routier
    Free Member

6’4″ and 77kg here. Considering MTBing is a physical sport I’m suprised by how many fat people there are on here.

Too many weekend warriors I guess!

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

6ft 2in. Which is about 2 inches taller than most of the doors in our house. Stupid, short-arsed Victorians.

And I weigh around 11.5st.

stcolin
    Free Member

6 2″ About 80kg.

bigblackshed

6’4″ & 18st 8lbs or 1.93m & 118kg.

Last time at the doctors he “recommended” I lose some weight. Target was 84kg. To bring me into the middle of the BMI chart for normal. I was once 88kg and looked like a concentration camp victim. That was when I was in hospital recovering from dysentery. I’d be more than happy at 100kg.

galactus
    Free Member

5.10 3/4’s….
    66kg

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

6’1″ 85kgs and dropping

KINGTUT
    Free Member

6’2″, 79.3 kilos.

maxtorque

6.2 tall, and 69kg. As a result i’m quite quick up the hills!

(i’d probably be quite quick down them too, if i could work out how to stay on the bike and not crash……. 😉

bigbadbob
    Free Member

6′ 2″
    13 stone
    Normal size legs but long back. Waiting for surgery on my back for slipped disk, but still riding plenty.
    I have found over the years that more and more people are getting taller. There used to be a time that I would be the only tall person on the street, now there are lots more than there were.
    Anything over 6’2″ is freakish though.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

6’2″
    90kg
    As a result, I’m not that quick up the hills. 😐

zippykona

When I worked in London I was the shortest person in the workshop at 5’8.
    Moving to Bexhill and I was the same height as most people there.
    Is there a regional difference?
    As an aside are your kids taller than you?

will
    Free Member

routier – Member
    6’4″ and 77kg here. Considering MTBing is a physical sport I’m surprised by how many fat people there are on here.
    Too many weekend warriors I guess!

If this were a road forum then I suspect the weights would be much less.

Mountain Biking in general is more about enjoyment rather than pain & fitness.

scotroutes

For the overwhelming majority it’s a pastime, not a sport.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Would like to weigh less

But then you’d have the chore of changing your username. bo-bom

clubber
    Free Member

If this were a road forum then I suspect the weights would be much less.

Not these days 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

Ooh I like a list!
    5ft 9
    73kg
    Could do with shifting some lard.
    Am about a stone lighter without my moobs n jelly belly 😀

Always enjoy that pic of tootall’s massive purple bike. Fnaaar!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Considering MTBing is a physical sport

I think for a lot of people it’s physical in the same sense as golf is physical.
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that. The physical bit, not the golf bit.

LenHankie

6ft/74kgs.

wrecker
    Free Member

Heavy doesn’t necessarily mean fat. You wouldn’t look at me and think “overweight”, which according to the BMI; I am (which is why it’s bollocks)

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Bloomin flip, we have a veritable army of GIANTS!! Or keyboard warriors, but can’t see folk lying about this too much.

Current stats:

6ft 1 (186cm)

16.5st (105kg)… ideal weight is about 90kg, but it’s hard for me to exercise properly at the mo with a detached tendon in my right shoulder.

mark_b
    Free Member

Land of the giants in here…

6′ 7″ tall
    15 stoneish

Tall enough to make gate like bikes look a lot smaller than they actually are.

john_drummer
    Free Member

5’8″ / 172cm

3 stones lighter than I was two years ago but still 2 stones overweight. Working on it…

Woody
    Free Member

Considering MTBing is a physical sport I’m suprised by how many fat people there are on here.

Technically, according to the BMI bollox, I’m 3 stone overweight. If I dip below 15 stone my GF says I’m too skinny, although I would be happy at 14 stone.

Depends what you want to look like of course and how dedicated/obsessive you want to be. To my mind, Bradley Wiggins after his TdF win looked positively ill!

Just re-measured myself and I’ve grown back to 6’1″ !!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

It is summer which means I should be 5’8″ and 11½ stone. I debunk the BMI thing as apparently I am obese but have 30″ waist…
    What amuses me is I have a few mates who are pretty much the same height but all have 3-4 stone more yet like to refer to me as “small”. What is annoying is all my teenage nephews are taller than me…

bearnecessities

5’11 and a gnat’s testicle.
    12st 10lbs
    9″ drop

Karinofnine

I lied. I weighed myself when I got to work and I’m 61kgs not 62 as I thought. Joy. 9st 8lbs – still a bit porky. And I have short legs 🙁 oh well, they’re not going to grow any longer now 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

Bradley Wiggins after his TdF win looked positively ill!

To my eyes most roadies, or at least pro-roadies, wouldn’t look out of place on ‘supersize vs superskinny’.

TooTall
    Free Member

*YAWN*
    Mornin you lot. It’s only 0730 here so only just arrived.

Despite rumours, I’m only 6’7″.

Why do some people consider growing an achievement?

Possibly because it is a scientifically proven fact that tall people are naturally seen as leaders (perceived dominance, health and intelligence), can reach more things on shelves in shops and just look AWESOME!

samuri
    Free Member

How do you measure your rides, miles/mph or km/kph?

Miles/MPH. I’ve no idea what those other units are. Sound like something Europeans would use. 😉 I measure my swims in metres until I pass a mile and then it’s miles from that point onwards.

and just look AWESOME!

if your version of awesome is ‘looks like a hunched preying mantis’, then yes. 😉

mcboo
    Free Member

6’3/191cm
    13.5 stone/86kg

I was much heavier when I got into cycling, dropped from 98kg when I was 34, which wasnt healthy, to 86kg at almost 43.

Going to get down to 82/83kg….next year.

Woody
    Free Member

5’11 and a gnat’s testicle.

Gah! Now I can’t stop thinking of that scene in The Fly with Jeff Goldblum 🙁

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Miles/MPH. I’ve no idea what those other units are. Sound like something Europeans would use. I measure my swims in metres until I pass a mile and then it’s miles from that point onwards.

[url=http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#24]rule #24[/url] man…you’re a Goddamn DISGRACE!

Speeds and distances shall be referred to and measured in kilometers.
    This includes while discussing cycling in the workplace with your non-cycling coworkers, serving to further mystify our sport in the web of their Neanderthalic cognitive capabilities. As the confused expression spreads across their unibrowed faces, casually mention your shaved legs. All of cycling’s monuments are measured in the metric system and as such the English system is forbidden.

longmover
    Free Member

Why do some people consider growing an achievement?
    Possibly because it is a scientifically proven fact that tall people are naturally seen as leaders (perceived dominance, health and intelligence), can reach more things on shelves in shops and just look AWESOME!

Us tall people are the pinnacle of current evolution, short people want to be taller but tall people don’t want to be shorter, what would be the point in that.

Keva
    Free Member

What’s the average inside leg of a 6″2 person? I’m curious as after having my wedding suit measured I have a silly short 30″ inside leg!

I’m 5’4″ and buy 30in jeans, but of course my 30in inside leg doesn’t look silly 😉

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I’m 4ft 3″ high…..who want’s a fight then caaaaaamon! Oi you and you over there let’s ‘av it….grrrrrrr…

DezB
    Free Member

only 6’7″

Yeah, only!

Why are people posting their weight?

mightymule
    Free Member

Five foot eleven and a half.

TooTall
    Free Member

When girls go over 6ft their feet are the same size as blokes.

Small blokes, yes. Tall blokes, no.

if your version of awesome is ‘looks like a hunched preying mantis’, then yes.

If anyone gets a bike that doesn’t fit properly it won’t look right. My 23″ Turner Sultan with 760 wide bars fits me nicely.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

If anyone gets a bike that doesn’t fit properly it won’t look right. My 23″ Turner Sultan with 760 wide bars fits me nicely.

It may well fit you nicely, but I bet it don’t look right!

camo16
    Free Member

It’ll look perfectly fine, as long as TooTall is slightly further away from you than most other people.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 205 total)

The topic ‘How tall are you?’ is closed to new replies.