Viewing 30 posts - 481 through 510 (of 510 total)
  • How strong should an Enduro bike be?
  • RaveyDavey
    Free Member

@raybanwomble you’ll be back and you know it 😂

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

The incident I mentioned when I broke the seatstay was while racing in the EWS.

Nice story.

But if true: shows the value of EWS racing and the value of EWS team rankings!

Value for Cotic: to take that information and to improve the bike. “A nice chat” is not enough…

Ha.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

raybanwomble
    Free Member

*slowly backs out of room and pushes Andrea into the mob*

Northwind

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Andreas wrote,

Nice story.

But if true

</div>
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/nQisSu]IMG_2742[/url] by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Get that up you, I’ll await your apology. Also still waiting for you to back up your comment about badmouthing race teams, you can sort that at the same time if you like

Cougar

Besides which, you’d no sooner finalise a set of standards that the bike industry would come up with something new that fell outside of them.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Raybanwomble. I really can’t believe you quoted Cy’s reply in its entirety. Are you really that stupid that you couldn’t just have posted  a few lines with an ellipsis?

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@Northwind:

you are indeed a bloke with lots of humor.

Guess you are the guy in the background of the picture. Taking a rest …

Yes – racing is exhausting.

haha

philxx1975
    Free Member

venting about things on a forum goes wrong.

No it doesn’t…. If they looked like spaceships rather than crappy steel pipe.

Gachet
    Free Member

i love this logic, as apparently every team outside of the top 10 of your beloved EWS team rankings has a crap enduro bike. On a quick glance that includes the following manufacturers:

Santa Cruz, Specialized, Orbea, Intense, Rocky Mountain and Hope. You can add Evil to that mix as I don’t think they have a racing team.

Just give it up as your arguement is pathetic, if you honestly think that Sam Hill or Richie Rude wouldn’t be able win on any of these ‘crap’ bikes and they’d all fail catastrophically in the process!

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@Northwind:

Biking is about fun. This forum is about fun. This thread is a lot of fun.

I don’t take all this stuff serious at all.

Thinking about your posts: sounds a bit you take it serious. And sounds a bit that I add stress to you and that I start messing up your day.

That’s not good.

I take everything back and feel sorry if I hurt your feelings!

Keep on biking. Have fun. Be relaxed. If I could I would invite you for a beer!

Cheers!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

*slowly backs out of room and pushes Andrea into the mob*

Like.

swanny853

Northwind? Taking things seriously? This forum really is going to pot.

I’m slightly worried about his confessions about breaking cotics. I’m now expecting the roadrat I bought from him to combust now.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@Gachet:

i love this logic

this makes me proud!

vincienup
    Free Member

I had been puzzled by the race series logic.

Some companies do run race teams to promote product with the idea that people see race winning name and think ‘I want that’, this is basically the same as sponsorship. It’s brand association with no real substance. Deep down you know you aren’t the race winning rider because you have the same bike or shoes or whatever.  Some companies race because they want to.  Not sure which side Cotic are on but from Cy’s history I’d guess there’s at least a portion of wanting to race.

Race bred R&D works reasonably well for engines, brakes etc in some motor racing formats but it’s becoming increasingly abstracted by the time you get to MTB DH & Enduro, simply because as mentioned at length over many posts, fast riders are talented and light on the bike so aren’t destructive testers and provide limited information about the suitability of the bike for a sack of spuds from the public who has no finesse and lets the bike take all of every hit and tells themselves they are a better rider because they have a more expensive bike.

This really  is the epitome of ‘it’s about the rider and not the bike’.

General public crashes are going to be far more useful for crash data because they’re a more representative sample of riders and skill levels, but it’s very damaging for business to be seen to be selling the right to be test data to customers, so there is value to standardised tests involving machines smashing things into frames in fiendish ways, but there has to be a sense of proportion around how many different crash tests you do.  Otherwise you’d open a nightmare on warranties and it really wouldn’t work  as Cougar says, you’d be shaking up the testing regime and invalidating all previous certifications every time a new edit sparked a new riding sub genre with its own name or whatever.  That sort of test regime might work while all products concerned are locked up in secure rooms and dispensed in a controlled manner by highly trained Professionals as in healthcare from the allusions to drug testing, but when all the product is in the hands of the general public and a magazine notice saying ‘please don’t…’ is the most the mfr can do to take control of the situation it really wouldn’t work.

superstu
    Free Member

This thread is just bizarre.

I don’t have a Cotic. Demoed one a couple months ago and thought their bikes and customer service were incredible. I’d definitely buy one again.

Great response from Cy. Customer service has been excellent.

Northwind

Andreas wrote,

“I don’t take all this stuff serious at all.”

Well, next time you decide to make shit up about people or suggest they’re lying, take it more seriously. That’s not a lot to ask. But apology accepted for all that.

Swanny wrote,

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I’m slightly worried about his confessions about breaking cotics. I’m now expecting the roadrat I bought from him to combust now.

</div>
    I never broke that Roadrat! It was someone else that squidged the seattube! And I healed a broken Soda so that counts as -1 breakages.

Cougar

*ding ding*

Seconds out, round two!

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Well, next time you decide to make shit up about people or suggest they’re lying, take it more seriously. That’s not a lot to ask.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hands Northwind a beef carcass to warm up on

cue Music and Montage

edit

Welcome back Tom

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Have you seen Northwind?  An underfed hamster would do.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@Northwind:

The day ends in harmony. Good.

We all relax now. I will go once more into the garage and hug my “all mountain bike”.

It’s so damned strong!

tjagain

Northwind?  I thought he was an underfed hamster?

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@vincienup:

Uuups – sorry – your are too late with your writing.

Have to hug my all mountain bike. And then I like to drink some more beer.

I somehow turned into an refined bloke tonight.

Can’t remember any details of my bizarre (?! is this right?) EWS theories.

I’am really sorry.

Also about that.

Bike – harmony!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Who’d have guessed ,

I wish I’d settled in with some dark chocolate digestives and a brew

vincienup
    Free Member

Haha! 😂

Do we get the cheesy ‘moral of the week’ speech scene before the closing credits?  😁

swanny853

I never broke that Roadrat!

It’s still doing sterling service what, 4, 5 years on- I killed the crank splines last year but I blame years of singlespeed commuting and minimal maintenance for that.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I am now 95% sure that andreasrhoen is an extremely well crafted troll account from one of the regulars. The fanatical references to the EWS team rankings are surely too good to be true (and real).

On another note, I rode my Patrol down 2, yes 2, double black bike park trails yesterday and I didn’t die and the frame didn’t break. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Cougar

I am now 95% sure that andreasrhoen is an extremely well crafted troll account from one of the regulars.

Nah, just that the Chat denizens have spilled over into the Bike forum.  New people and chairs that don’t smell of wee.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I thought the bots were just getting better

Viewing 30 posts - 481 through 510 (of 510 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.