Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 510 total)
  • How strong should an Enduro bike be?
  • andylc
    Free Member

I don’t really like the look of them, but if I did I would definitely get a Cotic now having seen how awesome their product support is!

hols2
    Free Member

Impressed with Cotic’s response on about page 5. Couldn’t be arsed reading after that, seems like the problem is basically resolved.

cchris2lou

Kudos to Tom brother riding those lines , very impressive .

Most people seem to be doing them on dh bikes though .

milky1980
    Free Member

This is one properly messed up thread!  Surprised it wasn’t closed down about page 3-4 TBH.

I have one of the new Rockets and it looks like it will survive anything I can throw at it.  If I do have a failure of some sort I knew before I bought it that Cotic look after their customers, this thread just reaffirms that.

As for the OP, really?  Your first post was genuinely asking a question, albeit badly.  Then you descended into a nasty place.  Might be time to have a good hard look at yourself.

johnw1984
    Free Member

@Northwind From what I saw of Cy and the team cheering their riders on at Steel City, I can totally believe you with the Hemlock!

I really want to own a Cotic one day. Maybe a Flare Max frame swap when I get bored of the Hightower?

Cougar

Surprised it wasn’t closed down about page 3-4 TBH.

Don’t you bloody start.

(-:

neilwheel
    Free Member

I think JHJ should turn this thread into a photo-montage.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@neilwheel

I think JHJ should turn this thread into a photo-montage.

Yes – greatest idea ever! Biking was just fun today. And I see you are already on page 12 (?!?!).

Good job!

russyh
    Free Member

Well if nothing else this thread has made me happier to purchase a Cotic.  Oh and that Raybanwomble needs to relax, move away from the keyboard and revisit once he has calmed down and read what he has written.

tjagain

Well it kept me giggling all day.

scotroutes

For someone stuck at home after falling off a bike and cracking a rib, this has been a treat.

Can we have a similar one tomorrow?

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Can we have a similar one tomorrow?

Doubt it.

Cougar

So basically, the summary is that the thread started ok but then went downhill fast?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ads678

I want to be involved, so just want say, I own a Cotic!

That could be a hashtag…

sbob
    Free Member

I’m approaching 50 too you know. Just from further away

Just popping in to give props to that comment.

I remember the days when the answer was “buy a Zaskar”.

Simpler times.

Drac

I remember the days when the answer was “buy a Zaskar”.

My mate broke his when just riding along.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Raybanwomble-bloke is my hero from now on. Best thread ever.

Biggest surprise to me: Northwind-bloke. Badmouthing the EWS team bikes and later admitting that he once bikeded an EWS trail (as hobby biker…) and so broke his Cotic Enduro….

Haha

PrinceJohn

What an epic thread. Took a totally unexpected direction & has kept me occupied for the last couple of days. Good work all.

There should be some sort or award/certificate for raybanwomble. Maybe binners could knock something up?

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

There should be some sort or award/certificate for raybanwomble.

Yes!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep an hour long presentation on the extrapolation of a single event and how it lead to the colonisation of Mars

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@mikewsmith:

or … proposal:

“about the value of worshipping” and/or “he broke the golden calf…uuhhuuuhhuu”

chestrockwell

Damn you all, having ducked out on page one when this started i’m now going to have to read the whole thing.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Summary for Chest:

Cotic Rockets are made of cheese.

Crap builds by incompetent “mechanics”at their assembly shed.

Can’t build wheels

Great service when they go wrong though – so that’s good eh!

Oh and nice people who divulge your personal finances.

Crossed off my want list.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@chestrockwell:

Damn you all, having ducked out on page one when this started i’m now going to have to read the whole thing.

Enjoy!

(Bit sad so: there could be more EWS team ranking & Enduro bike frame testing content in my opinion. But others don’t agree…therefore plenty bike sect (cy as guru) & golden calf & worshipping content…)

leffeboy

I was convinced this was quality troll work until cy popped up. Am a little disappointed now.

#WouldBuyACotic though, excellently handled

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

@leffeboy:

if you like to know more about this kind of stuff – read

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drama

(but this is not complete. There is not only classical roman drama – there is bike drama as well!)

Cheers!

bigyinn
    Free Member

cyclelife
    <div class=”bbp-reply-author”>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Oh and nice people who divulge your personal finances.

Technically it wasn’t womble’s personal finances that were divulged.

</div>

tomhoward

Oh and nice people who divulge your personal finances

Thats the the second time someone’s mentioned that, could you point me to where that was done? By quote or link, either is fine.

leebaxter
    Free Member

Classic thread.. When this is dramatised by Sky Atlantic, or Netflix, hope its called a spate of 2. This thread read like a Sherlock Holmes novel.

Northwind

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Andreas wrote,Biggest surprise to me: Northwind-bloke. Badmouthing the EWS team bikes and later admitting that he once bikeded an EWS trail (as hobby biker…)

</div>
    Er, wut? When did I “badmouth” EWS team bikes? I own one.

And what is a “hobby biker”? The incident I mentioned when I broke the seatstay was while racing in the EWS. Not that it makes the slightest difference compared to all the times I’ve ridden it while not racing, it just made for a more interesting conversation with Cotic. “Were you Just Riding Along?” “No, not exactly”.

zippykona

bigyinn
    Free Member

tomhoward

Oh and nice people who divulge your personal finances

Thats the the second time someone’s mentioned that, could you point me to where that was done? By quote or link, either is fine.

From CY’s post on page 8

We offered everything from full refund to new frame, and he choose to keep his rather lovely build kit and we gave him a full refund on his frame, shock and headset (because that’s unlikely to fit another frame). Yes, he still has finance on that, because the bike was largely purchased on finance. He’ll get either a reduced term or nearly halved monthly payments as a way to access his refund.

The OP rang us yesterday morning and wanted to send his frame back too. Despite it being purchased on finance by his wife over 2 months, as it’s unused and the OP clearly doesn’t want it we have accepted the return and will issue a full refund as soon as we have it back.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

The question is, was it a true red or a black trail in redface  Northwind? Did you measure the jumps on it beforehand and write a paper in a peer reviewed mountain bike journal? Did you then carry out a literature review to see if your paper conforms with the consensus amongst the MTB politburo?

Also, in regards to the above post – 30 day return period is technically from which ever is later – payment or delivery I believe. Which certainly wasn’t two months ago – besides that the invoice is dated less than 30 days ago and the finance doesn’t kick in until 30 days after delivery but that’s fairly immaterial – they agreed, so I’m happy.

I have nothing more to say and I wish Cotic and Cy all the best for the future and my apologies go out to Cotic for this managing to go public for them.

kelvin

From CY’s post on page 8

Read the public comments in this thread that prompted that response.

tomhoward

Re the brother, I believe the OP had previously mentioned that (along with what arses Cotic were being by only offering to refund the frame which, as evidenced in the quote, was a lie that Cy was addressing and debunking.

the second ‘an anonymous persons anonymous wife bought a bike on finance’. Hardly publishing a bank statement is it?

kelvin

Here is one of the OP’s comments that meant a public reply was required… from which it is clear why refunding, and how that relates to finance, had to be mentioned…

brother refunded frame and shock only…..nice. Collection of parts left to find a new frame and hope it fits.

Leaving him half of his finance oustanding and now has to stump up cash for a new frame. Cheers guys. What a wonderful bunch.

vincienup
    Free Member

This thread has been a rollercoaster. I’m surprised too about the comments regarding Cy disclosing finances.  If you read the thread, all the information was relevant to the claims being made and in places directly in contravention of claims being made.  Nothing was mentioned that hadn’t already been  brought up by the OP incorrectly in places or placed out of context by him. Refunding a bike two months after purchase because of buyer remorse is pretty exemplary and OP had presented Cotic as somehow saddling his brother with the finance on the build kit and only refunding the frame/shock. It appears this may actually what his brother wanted so he could fit it all to another frame ?  If that’s so then fine, no one hurt but overall I can’t shake the feeling that apart from the general misrepresentation the OP’s entire focus seemed to be wanting help trying to frame an unjustified legal action?

kelvin

No, I expect it was more just raw disappointment about his brother’s bike… which is understandable. Especially as he was presumably originally excited about his own new similar bike (even if he didn’t get to ride it for whatever reason). Sometimes, venting about things on a forum goes wrong.

vincienup
    Free Member

True. It’s quite exceptional for such a long thread in a day or so though.  I guess the frequency of responding probably led to the text rage.  Not the best example of forum pitchforks ever though, and mildly amusing to see the majority decided it was a customer service win for Cotic!  I’m another still planning to increase my collection when this year settles down.

On the very original point without all the personal circumstances etc, I don’t really see that ISO, BS or whatever standards for particular pigeonholes of mountain bike would make any more sense than non existent standards certification for ‘company car’, ‘commuter car’, ‘shopping car’, ‘family trip to the seaside car’ etc. Probably even less due to relative numbers, the much discussed difficulty of relating skilled and unskilled riding styles and the fact that it’s an adrenaline sport and so an element of personal risk is part of the price of getting on board. Very few bike companies could afford to brazen out a known fault like the infamous 70’s exploding Ford Pinto in the wrong sort of crash where a conscious decision was apparently made to compensate bereaved families rather than fix the engineering.  Possible exception around the early generation of carbon mtb’s where it did look like the public were being used for research purposes at times.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 510 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.