Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How slow are our customs ?
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Ordered a Chinese tt wheel which left China on 13/2 arrived UK 16/2 and only today got near a van I assume (25.2) for delivery tomorrow !

rOcKeTdOg

Ordered from China friday night, got to customs Thursday, delivered friday here, awaiting customs bill but nothing yet

Jonny5
    Free Member

My LB rims were in customs for about a week before the letter was sent to me.

kilo

OP When it says got to customs you do realise this is unlikey to mean it is with HMRC. Goods arrive are unloaded by the freight company, taken to your importing agent’s / freight carrier / post office bonded area and then they submit an entry to HMRC and pay or undertake to pay the duty. Unless the goods are selected for examination the process is done by computer and customs don’t have much scope for holding up thing. Rocket dog you may have got one in duty free, normaly they get duty off you before the goods have been delivered or handed over

househusband

When it says got to customs you do realise this is unlikely to mean it is with HMRC…

What about smaller postal stuff that does pass through HMRC Mount Pleasant? I reckon they add at least an extra week to deliveries.

I order my e-cigs from China. My last consignment was picked up last Thursday from the supplier. I receive a text from DHL Friday to pay import duty and VAT. I log on and pay. Goods shipped from Hong Kong the same day and I received them Monday

jamiec360
    Free Member

Really depends on your shipper, paid a bit extra for express UPS on the ti axles for my speed plays, they machined them in Illinois last Monday, I got them in Sussex on Friday morning. Pretty damn good service!

rOcKeTdOg

Rocket dog you may have got one in duty free, normaly they get duty off you before the goods have been delivered or handed over

When I’ve had stuff from the US via FedEx I’ve always been sent a bill about a week later so not counting my chickens yet, I’d budgeted for the extra though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How slow are our customs ?’ is closed to new replies.