• This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • How should I spend my last hour?
  • sc-xc

My D.O.B. is 07-12-72 🙁

CountZero

Get shit-faced, it’ll put your mind off it, until you wake up hours later with a God-awful hangover, whereupon you’ll actually wish you’d died! 😆

boxelder

How should I spend my last hour?

Documenting in vast detail how you feel at 39, so that you can be certain that you’ll feel no different tomorrow.
    Happy big one

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Being in your 30s is horrid – all sorts of existential angst from sudden awareness of your mortality, plus feeling that you should be in your prime while trying not to drown in a sea of responsibilities.

40s are much better – final acceptance that there are fewer days ahead, smile, throw off your mental chains, buy a swanky bike and enjoy the rest of what’s left to come. Like being a teenager again: wiser and without the spots.

Happy Birthday!

CountZero

Just don’t worry about it, it’s inevitable, accept the fact, then do one of two things; become middle-aged and boring, or follow the maxim I live by: ‘Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional’, along with: ‘You don’t stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing’
    Works for me, and I have 17 years on you… 😀
    Oh, and Happy Birthday!
    Now go and get shit-faced!

piemonster

Bang one out for starters

buzz1024
    Free Member

tomorrow when you wake up you will suddenly suffer from Age Related Tourettes Syndrome – the complete inability to bite ones tongue now that you’ll be in your 40’s – Personally I love having it and just telling everyone to f*** O**

user-removed
    Free Member

Hmmm. I must have developed early onset Age Related Tourettes Syndrome at around the age of 15.

piemonster

Well, it’s past midnight

Probably ‘cranking’ as I type

bwaarp
    Free Member

Tell the world to **** off and conveniently forget you are 30.

Kryton57

Rejoice in the fact that Women in their 20’s to 30’s now see you as “sensible” and a “father figure” leading to a subtler and far more successful pulling technique.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Rejoice in that fact that there are those of us older than you, that have passed that milestone with barely a murmur.
    Onwards we march.
    Deeper into middle age.
    Day by day edging closer to fur lined slippers and driving. Driving everywhere at 15 miles an hour.
    Hope that helps 😉

leffeboy

Rejoice in the fact that a lot more of the opposite sex now look hot rather than old

onehundredthidiot

Don’t worry about it. I’ve just bought a great bike car. Everyone else sees it as a middle aged mans family car. Don’t know who they’re talking about.

cupra
    Free Member

I was there in June this year, still not over it to be honest, it has definitely had an effect on me and not entirely positive.

singlespeedstu

Happy birthday mate.

trusty

I was 40 at end of October, and the world didn’t end. I do look at things differently, but as my dad died 3 days later that might also explain it. 🙁
    most of my friends over 40 reckon it makes no odds, so knock yourself out with whatever takes your fancy. Or knock one out if that does 😆

Hohum
    Free Member

Happy birthday!

I actually enjoyed my 40th a lot. I will be 42 in 2 weeks time and I am enjoying being in my 40s.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Cocaine and hookers.

Marge
    Free Member

Welcome to the 40 club old timer 🙂

Take pleasure in having a convenient excuse available every time you are beaten by ‘young folks’…

Milkie
    Free Member

piemonster

Cocaine and hookers.

Then a ‘crank’ when the drugs stop working. Might be sweaty spaghetti though

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Might be sweaty spaghetti though

😆 😆

sc-xc

Thanks all. It’s not so bad.

I already bought myself a piano, and got tattood last week (which was my main present). Woke up this morning to find my wife had bought me tickets for Bruce Springsteen at Wembley – and I am riding tomorrow with some mates I haven’t seen for years.

All in all, it’s pretty ace.

singletrackmind

Pretty cool, Happy Birthday sc-xc . Vets cat for you now if racing .

Haze

Vets cat for you now if racing

If riding is probably a little more accurate.

Happy birthday old bean, you’ll forget about it after a few days and all will be normal again.

See you tomorrow!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘How should I spend my last hour?’ is closed to new replies.