Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • How should I propose???
  • steve-g
    Free Member

The GF knows it is coming and we have a 4 week old baby, so without the weapons of surprise or spontaneity on my side what can I do?

I would like it to be a memorable moment, and obviously her friends are going to ask her ” How did he ask?” So it has to be good, and I don’t really thing just going for a posh meal is going to cut it.

Any ideas?

samuri
    Free Member

Don’t ask her, that’ll keep her on her toes.

jova54
    Free Member

Just tell her you’ve got an invite to a wedding and ask if she fancies coming along. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do it somewhere that means something for both of you. Doesn’t need to be anywhere special for anyone else.

I mean, everyone does the top of Eiffel Tower or sunset on a tropical beach, but if the first place you kissed her was the pasta/rice and dried foods aisle of your local supermarket, do it there! Trust me, that sort of thing will earn you far more “Oh wow! That’s lovely” responses than being predictable!

aP
    Free Member

Djer wanna do it?
    ** shrugs **
    Walks off

IanMunro
    Free Member

txt her

wl u ma re me?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Does anyone ask this question at a time when it matters?

I mean, you both know you’re getting married. And you have an illegitimate child, so if you tried to escape the CSA would hunt you down and kill you anyway.

So all you’re doing is trying to create a good anecdote for her to impress her friends with.

We all do it, but it’s a bit wierd. 🙂

steve-g
    Free Member

BD, Are you suggesting that those are the words I should use? 😉

I think you are missing the point, my question was how can I do something that will be special despite of what you have said

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Diamond ring in the bottom of a pack of Haribos!? Book drawn up with fairy tale story of how they met? sitting on the sofa (With 2 children) .. “so shall we get married then?” and another pregnant friend at Christmas they were doing gifts but only £30 each, he gave her a box of pregnacare..inside a diamond!!! Dressed up in a dog suit and ran on at a flyball competition in front of hundreds of competitors and proposed. These are just a few of friends who have got enagaged.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

“want to save some tax?”

sofatester
    Free Member

Who cares what her “freinds” think, there going to judge you no matter what you do.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Propose to someone else.

DrJ

And you have an illegitimate child

Go all the way and call it what it is – a little sweetheart

BoardinBob

C’mon to f*ck. 😆

You’re seriously asking folk on here how to propose to your bird?

BoardinBob

Go all the way and call it what it is – a little sweetheart.

I bet you he isn’t the father 😈

BigDummy
    Free Member

I know Steve, it’s just such hard work isn’t it? My then girlfriend woke up one morning and said “if you asked me to marry you I’d say yes”. Whcih apparently wasn’t a proposal of marriage, that was my job to organise and was going to cost me a lot of money.

FWIW, I chose the ring myself, and that made all the difference to her because all her friends are extremely jealous of it and she wasn’t expecting me to have got it. It was surprisingly cheap, but if you wander away from diamond solitaires you can get some really exciting things.

sharki
    Free Member

Do what i did…

“FFS! if it’ll stop you moaning i’ll **** marry you”

7yrs of moaning later we separated..the lying bitch!

bigsi
    Free Member

Win solo male cat at Mayhem and propose on the finish line,,, pure class. 😀

N.B. You might want to start training for next year’s event fairly soon if your going to do it 😉

StuF

I’m surprised no-one suggested winning a solo 24hr race..

Edit: bu@@er you beat me to it

BigDummy
    Free Member

[Winces at sharki] 😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I had this dilemma. I spent years trying to think of some big grand gesture. It all seemed too crap and cheesy, all done before, all would have had other people around. I really did agonise about it.

Then one day I thought ‘This is going to go on forever, just ask her you fool before you get hit by a bus tomorrow…”
    In the end it was a quiet place, somewhere happy and close for the both of us and I just whispered in her ear.
    I was absolutely crapping myself. Getting married is the best thing ever though, I loved it!
    😀

steve-g
    Free Member

Ok, we met outside work (canary wharf) and they are currently building a restaurant on top of the exact place we met so if that was open that would be a good bet, we first kissed at the taxi rank outside one canada square which isnt a particularly romantic venue, but we did go for a “romantic” weekend in brighton before we really got together so I am thinking that is the best bet for something thoughtout and meaningful.

The only ting that bothers me is that it will be so obvious its coming, like samurai said i thought I could arrange a series of special night s out and not ask her on any of them just to get her guessing a bit.

nickc

so without the weapons of surprise or spontaneity on my side what can I do?

snowslave

I find ladies prefer shouting and bad language

sofatester
    Free Member

Why not just kill her now? You’ll be out in 20 years, just about the time you start thinking “i wonder what my life would have been like…”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

we first kissed at the taxi rank outside one canada square which isnt a particularly romantic venue

I disagree. For the two of you, it will be a very romantic venue, especially when you explain to her why you chose it.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Didn’t want to get a ring (wrong size would be the natural outcome) so got a silver love heart with “marry me?” engraved on the back. Worked for us (and our wedding favors are going to be love hearts with custom labels, so solved that little problem as well).
    Small, easy but worked for me as I asked on Christmas day so she had presents to open anyway, oh, and it was inside the 10th box, wrapped inside each other.
    Made me bloody nervous the further she got, we were at her parents at the time but we get on really well so wasn’t too bad.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

But is she really expecting it? Wait another 2 years .. best she isn’t expecting that!!!! 😉

xc-steve
    Free Member

Do its over facebook… that’s what I did. Saved talking…

sharki
    Free Member

As she’s expecting it, she’ll suspect most romantic gestures…so sunset walks, meals, etc will be too predictable..
    Next time shes sat on the bog squeezing one out, go on in and pop the question….

As well as being memorable it’s proof indeed you’re are truly comfortable together and should be wed..

steve-g
    Free Member

The ring is purchased, the day the baby was born I won a grand and took that as a sort of sign from god that I should make an honest woman of her. Im ready to go at a moments notice, but I havn’t decided what to do yet. We live in Greenwich and have had some good times in the park there so I was thinking about the top of the park where there are views over the wharf where we met but it’s constantly full of tourists, at least if I go to brighton I might find somewhere quiet.

zarquon
    Free Member

go out, get absolutely paralytic, come home and say I luuuuve you, will you marry me, just before you vomit all over her slippers.

It will awaken her maternal instincts and she will be unable to say no.

*zarquon is still single*

*but is thinking of proposing to the long-suffereing gf too*

steve-g
    Free Member

sharki – when they stop shutting the door you know there is a certain level of commitment there

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

We were out for dinner at the local italian, it’s nowt special, we just go there when we can’t be arsed to cook. Anyway, I was getting the regular ear-bashing “when are we getting married?” “if you loved me you would marry me.” etc, so i took her hand, placed the ring in it without her seeing and said “will that shut you up?”.

i can tell you it worked 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

we met outside work (canary wharf)… we first kissed at the taxi rank outside one canada square … but we did go for a “romantic” weekend in brighton before we really got together

The other problem of course is nailing down the first “significant” event in a chronology of drunken petting, non-committal sex and eventual resigned acceptance that you were going to buy a flat together. The point at which my wife thinks “it all started” is probably completely different to the one I would choose. 🙂

SST
    Free Member

“…Im ready to go at a moments notice….”

hence the baby . . . .

🙂

(Good luck anyway)

BigJohn

There’s a problem with Sharki’s plan. You might mistake her “Nnnnnnnnn” for a rejection.

sharki
    Free Member

Put the ring in the bottom of the Mcdonalds thick shake.

Or make some fortune cookies with the ring inside one of them..just make sure she gets the ring and not her mother….

Does she ride too? you could put the ring down her seat tube, tell her you can only stop the rattle if she’s agrees to marry you….

VanHalen

just ask and get on with it.

zarquon
    Free Member

Does she ride too? you could put the ring down her seat tube, tell her you can only stop the rattle if she’s agrees to marry you….

boy did I read that the wrong way…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘How should I propose???’ is closed to new replies.