Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How rough is the Marin rough ride?
  • andywill

Just wondering if its easly ridable on a hardtail or would a full suspension be better?

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve never done it but done other Welsh trail centres and I’m sure a hardtail would be fine. Depends which you prefer surely.

andywill

I would prefer the hardtail, which I used on the HONC. Is it comparable to the HONC (I realise there is a lot less road used on the Marin rough ride)

Clink

Saw couple of people on cx bikes last year. Hardtail is fine.

phiiiiil

It’s not rough at all; it’s a moorland romp rather than rocky madness, and it’s nothing like a trail centre. FS will be comfier as it’s a long way round, but either would be more than adequate.

grumm
    Free Member

Oh sorry didn’t read it properly thought you were talking about the Marin trail.

MikeWW
    Free Member

lol
    Can’t think of many/any places a hard tail wouldn’t be perfectly capable

jswain90
    Free Member

I’m doing the Rough Ride at the weekend – a couple of my mates said a Hard Tail will be fine. I hope so as that is what i’ll be using!

OGW
    Free Member

A hardtail is totally fine for this trail, you’ll blast round on it.

andywill

Thanks for the advise. Hardtail it is then.

richc
    Free Member

hardtail, and light thin semi-slicks would be the best bet. There is nothing technical on it, however you will see some terrific crashes as some people don’t seem to understand that when you are flying down a hill and drop into a rut the best way out isn’t just to turn the bars hard

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How rough is the Marin rough ride?’ is closed to new replies.