Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • How 'Rock and Roll' are you?
  • jonnyrobertson

I filled the kettle past the “max” line the other day. Just because I could.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I went away with work this week, to a hotel in the Swedish mountains, for a conference. Free bar and food, Swedish women, sauna etc

all I was looking forward to was a night in a hotel without the children waking me up.

I had a swim after my presentation, had one small glass of red with dinner and went to bed at 9pm, looking at pictures of the children on my phone as I missed them. I got up at 6 AM for an XC ski, had fruit for breakfast (no bacon, pastries etc) not hungover. I diligently attended the other workshops, seeing the value in them and actually enjoying talking about project management, then went home and watched cricket until 4am.

times have changed. nice though 😆

stumpy01

I like to have time to prepare for my next rock n roll bender….

I’ve got tickets for the Britrock must be destroyed! tour featuring The Wildhearts, Terrorvision & Reef, but it’s not until next May! You can’t rush these things….

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Last night I put the light out without finishing the Metro Crossword – I soo don’t give a **** anymore!

Cougar

I’ve got tickets for the Britrock must be destroyed! tour featuring The Wildhearts, Terrorvision & Reef,

As have I. \m/

theotherjonv

Im currently high on stimulants having a coffee at the fake xmas market at munich airport.

I just had a baked potato too, and get this, I went off menu with the toppings, because I didnt want to smell all garlicky, so wanted garlic cream swapped for straight sour cream. The germans didnt know how to react but they could sense I was living on the edge and thankfully gave in before I kicked off properly.

And then I only ate half the skin. Cos I just dgaf.

wordnumb
    Free Member

So far today I’m 100% more sausage roll than I am rock n roll. I do however have the opportunity to spoil that by attending a concert tonight.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I drive a VW Passat Estate. 😥

P-Jay
    Free Member

Well…

I hardly drink, I’m pished after 3 pints and after 4 I need to be put to bed.

I don’t smoke.

I rarely stay up past 10:30pm

I sometimes sit on the sofa with a blanket over my legs.

In the last few months I’ve made an effort to cut down on my caffeine intake.

However, in the past…

I’ve been on 3-4 day benders, booze, pills and coke more than a few times.

I’ve run from the law a couple of times, once in a car because I was driving like a Div, once out of the country because I was very slightly involved with a bunch of arseholes/idiots that got themselves arrested with big bags of pills and didn’t fancy having to explain myself / once from a foriegn city because I was again acting the Div and local police ‘wanted a word’. I’ve been arrested twice, but thankfully never charged.

I’ve got more than a few scars, too many injuries that will stay with me forever and more than one screw loose.

On balance sensible living is more fun, everyone needs to go a bit mad now and again, but I was a dickhead in my 20s.

bikebouy
    Free Member

How Rock n Roll .? On a scale of 1-10 where 1 = not at all…. 10 = lemmy….

2, I’ve overstepped the mark this week due to Monday night cocktails in Plateau with some soon to be ex-colleagues .. redeemed myself by reading Dan Browns Origin over the last couple of nights.. oh, and Detectorists was fabulous last night too.

Rockape63
    Free Member

What a bunch of middle aged saddo’s…..just like me! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Considering a second latte.

On a scale of 1-10 I’m -1.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Rock n roll? It was Doves and Techno in my day.

I’m not very either of those any more. Last night I pushed the boat out with a can of Carlsberg and started watching Detectorists at 10-30, bed at 11, fast times.

+ what P Jay said.

Harry_the_Spider

So far this week I’ve watched TWO[/b] episodes of Grantchester.

benman
    Free Member

Going out on the lash in Notts on Saturday, and then to the Royal Blood gig. Can’t bloody wait 🙂 Max RnR

fasthaggis

Considering a second latte.

On a scale of 1-10 I’m -1.

I read that as ‘considering a second lathe’

I was going to give it 10-10

50th birthday bash Sat,late night out (12.30) 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve swapped microwave egg poaching tips with strangers on the internet.

Livin’ the dream.

stumpy01

Cougar – Moderator

As have I.

Like.

Houns

I’ve just got home, I’m lying in bed with the cat next to me, a brew and a packet of choccie bourbons. I intend to stay here for the rest of the day/night

djglover
    Free Member

I watched newsight on iplayer last night whoop

verses

I’ve been discussing plans for my kitchen extension with an architect and will be compiling a party wall agreement with the neighbours this weekend.

Dear god… What have I become!!!

Must focus on the gigs I have coming up… Idles, Kontrust and Foo Fighters…

Been toying with the “Britrock must be destroyed” gig, but I’d rather slather my genitals with chilli-sauce than listen to Reef… Which leads me on nicely to my next bit of “being rock and roll” – if I went to the gig I was actually hoping they might headline, so I could get away early…

metalheart
    Free Member

Last night I stayed up to 11pm playing my new(-ish) guitar.

Mind you I didn’t plug it in (bit late for firing up the amp!).

I then went to bed and put on some Estonian choral music to help me get to sleep (alarm set for 5 am, R4 but world service at that time…) 😳

senorj

I used to be hardcore, the last man standing .
    Tonight I’ll be in bed by nine and might have a chamomile tea before.
    Don’t have time to sort my sock drawer though.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I have a big bore exhaust on my low slung sports coupe, which i struggle to get in and out of. 8)

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I didn’t get the job I applied for in the company I work for……

I’m eating a chippy to cheer myself up. Settle down ladies

MoreCashThanDash

My life is like Pjays, only without the wild past to look back on fondly 🙄

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Comparing phones in the pub ……two single friends have a number of “adult” clips and pictures on their phones. I have Topsy and Tim, Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig.

onlysteel
    Free Member

I’ll let you know after ‘enders has finished.

funkmasterp

I’ve just finished washing and sterilising baby bottles. Now I’m in bed with my three year old as he has tonsillitis. Livin life on the edge here in the Funk house.

Cougar

I have a big bore exhaust on my low slung sports coupe, which i struggle to get in and out of.

Why are you trying to get into an exhaust?

ajantom

I rock, but only in primary colours…

I went and drank A LOT of tea after this gig.

RustySpanner

Cougar – Moderator
    Why are you trying to get into an exhaust?

Dunno.
    I’m baffled too.

ygm, btw.
    🙂

Scapegoat

Bit of a mixed bag I’m afraid. I’ve celebrated finding a cap to match my tweed shooting waistcoat, but I am struggling to find breeks. However, I’ve plagued my carpal tunnels by learning to play Pretty Vacant, Another Girl Another Planet, A Forest and a version of When You Don’t See Me.

Woo.

Cougar

I’m baffled too.

Very good. (-:

ygm, btw.

I know, sorry, I’m being crap. I sat down to reply this afternoon right when the forum went pop.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/pJSbLk-Iixc[/video]

CountZero

Well, I saw Opeth, supported by Enslaved at the O2 Academy on Tuesday night, there was a mosh pit going and everything!

Oh, and there was Wolf Parade on Saturday night as well.
    Go me!

pondo

Mrs Pondo was away last weekend so my Saturday night was learning piano and boiling a ham. Pwned you all, whatever that means. 🙂

giantalkali
    Free Member

ajantom – Member
    I rock, but only in primary colours…

Was that the Exeter respect festival?

ChrisL

I’m 42. I’ve never drunk, smoked or taken drugs. I still play tabletop RPGs and occasionally build model kits. If I don’t get at least 8 hours of sleep a night my head is mush and I’ll basically be non-functional by Friday. I own a Skoda and I’m a software engineer.

Even if you factor in that I do go to see live music fairly frequently I am basically your calibration point for the “not rock ‘n’ roll whatsoever” end of the spectrum.

ajantom

Was that the Exeter respect festival?

Yeah, couple of years ago now.
    Band is on a hiatus due to a lot of us having young kids. Pity as we used to play at loads of festivals, and I’ll have to pay to get in now 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘How 'Rock and Roll' are you?’ is closed to new replies.