Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • How 'Rock and Roll' are you?
  • binners

Sort of inspired by the mid-life crisis thread, to what extent is your life a maelstrom of coke-fuelled, wild-eyed partying, and crash n burn hedonism?

I’ve just realised that I missed Desert Island Discs this week, so I’m listening to it on the iplayer. I noted that next weeks is Naomi Klein, which should be interesting

Let’s hear your similar tales of debauchery then…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m having an early finish tomorrow as it’s bloody Friday and I can.

And also, I need to be washed and ready to go to the school Christmas fair. 😀

Oh and we won the pub quiz on Tuesday night.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Went to bed at 8.45 last night after a nice cup of tea.
    Still catching up after Friday night’s debauchery, takes a good few days now.

IHN

This weekend’s job is cleaning the inside of all the windows in the house.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Psilocybe-fueled sex magick, mud-wrestling, beercider-pong and projectile vomit. But only on Sundays. Less of late. ie I indulged on malted milks last year.

This thread, BTW:

[video]https://youtu.be/NGvzlf-4PJQ[/video]

2orangey4crows

I’m so rock and roll I go all the way up to 11.

arrpee
    Free Member

I just put full-fat milk in my mug of Rooibos.

Y’all just better step the **** back:

The weekend starts here.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I am like the Val Doonican of Rock!

kennyp
    Free Member

I was at a Deep Purple gig last night. Mind you I was one of the youngest there, and I’m early fifties!

matt_outandabout

I’m hoping for some nice warm merino socks for Christmas.

It’s warmer of ever I decide to throw the TV out the window in a drug fueled weekend of debauchery.

IHN

I was actually out for some food and a few drinks last night and didn’t get to bed until almost 11 o’clock, that’s right 11 o’clock. Ker-aaaazee eh?

Today I just want to curl up and go to sleep.

tazzymtb

Sort of inspired by the mid-life crisis thread, to what extent is your life a maelstrom of coke-fuelled, wild-eyed partying, and crash n burn hedonism?

been there, done that, Hard drug addiction, overdosed, died, brought back, had incident of waking up next to a good mate had died next to me and I was too out of it to notice, lived on the street for a bit, had to do very unsavory things to make money. managed to get clean and get my life back on track in my late teens. Very happy to have a “mid-life” dont need a crisis really happy to be mellow and watch the world go by

anyone that thinks they are “hedonistic” in their 40’s and is still alive is just playing at it. Although I do see a few functioning alcoholics at singlespeedy events who are rapidly drinking their way to alcohol related cancer and type 2 diabetes, but each to their own n that 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Boozy night out in London the other day.

Caught up on The Archers on the last train home.

Yak

I’m down with the kids 8)
    Well, in a soon to be assistant cub leader way. Does that count?

No, i’m proper soft me. Any more than 2 pints and i’m already thinking about the possible hangover and thinking if it’s worth it.

DezB
    Free Member

This guy shakes my hand and calls me “Big man” ( 8) ) after gigs.. so I’m rock n **** roll by association.

shermer75
    Free Member

I like to eat KFC on a fortnightly basis

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

anyone that thinks they are “hedonistic” in their 40’s and is still alive is just playing at it

Indeed. The ‘hedonists’ I knew are either reformed or dead. Head-on-ists are the future!

It’s all relative isn’t it? One person’s drink/drug/party-addiction is another’s ‘staying up until 12am with an extra cuppa’

‘Eeee, yer not, are yer?
    ‘I am. Watch me poot kettle on’
    ‘Eeee ye’r daft, you. Nighty-night yer mad bugger’

ransos
    Free Member

On Saturday, I’m going to make some beer then clean out the garage.

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

My last drug* fuelled all nighter was on my bike. I am also wearing some lovely Dunlop carpet slippers.

*caffeine

nickc

I’m working from home today, and catching up with some “mandatory training”…Yey, go me…

I might put the heating on, it’s a bit chilly.

sandwicheater

I opted for an apple rather than bacon bap this morning.

Then i got to work and said flip it, and had both.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have red KCNC components.

ON MY COMMUTING HYBRID!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oh, and I had a pleasant morning cleaning and sorting my photography filters and tripods.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

I listened to TMS on the wireless till 1 am last night

Does that count?

whitestone
    Free Member

Hang on, let me put my mug of cocoa down and stop Gardener’s World on the DVR … 😳

ThePinkster

Very Rock n’ Roll last night, went to see Rick Wakeman (a true Rock n’ Roll hedonist) perform a bit of a piano recital.

I really pushed the boat out with half a lemonade & lime.

Was home by 10:15.

now that’s living the highlife for me.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I get paid to run* around with guns. 😀
    *At my age, more of a limp..
    Still listen to ’80’s Heavy Metal \ 😮 /

kayla1
    Free Member

I’m as rock and roll AF, me, I sometimes even drink caffeinated tea after 2pm and I enjoy appalling music- 80s & 90s hair metal. OH despairs 😆

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I bought a blackberry instead of Apple or Android. So, it’s all about alternative lifestyle for me

darrell
    Free Member

just had some hummous on Ryvita to help soak up the ONE beer I had last night

although I have been listening to the new Professionals album today – really excellent btw

pocpoc
    Free Member

I watched an extra episode of American Horror Story last night when I really should have gone to bed! 😈

Regretted it this morning when my alarm went off though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve taken a road KOM on my MTB on slicks at 3am pissed and stoned. Does that count?

donks
    Free Member

To be fair I’ve pretty much kept on with the drink and drugs from my youth…. am 44 now with wife and 2 kids. Actually both me and the wife are still drinkers and weed smokers. I manage to function ok tbh and hold down an electrical design job so have no plans to stop any time soon. We go to local gigs most weeks or months (usually leading to a lock in after hours, week nights and all) and pretty much burn the candle at both ends. It’s actually a lot easier now as I’m on good money and can afford to party where as we had to go without alsorts to have a good time years ago. Working from home has helped as I don’t need to get up early or drive. Not saying I’m in the rock star league of things but I do ok.

scud
    Free Member

I need to get the balance right, went to see Queens of the Stone Age at Wembley and ended up crawling out of Fabric at 6am, but then had to go to Ikea with wife’s shopping list on way home!

Then saw Stone Roses at Wembley and had to see Sing with my daughter at the cinema the next morning..

footflaps

Still listen to ’80’s Heavy Metal \ /

You seen that Magnum are supporting Saxon in a one off gig in Hull, Feb 25th next year?

We’re away skiing unfortunately…

Gary_M
    Free Member

to what extent is your life a maelstrom of coke-fuelled, wild-eyed partying, and crash n burn hedonism

Pretty much all of it, take tomorrow for example, finishing work at 4pm and off to the caravan for the weekend. I don’t even need to take slippers as I have a pair there.

Next weekend DRIVING TO LONDON to drop px car off before it’s mot expires and picking up new FORD FOCUS ESTATE in January. It has LED’s in the footwells.

For those about to rock….

johndoh
    Free Member

My wife was out last night so I….

Spent the evening batch cooking.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Last year I went to my University reunion and whilst out clubbing in Cardiff (Fuel) as part of it someone commented on the fact I looked tired. I told them that was because I was out clubbing in Madrid till 4AM that morning watching a band called Los Illumindaos in the Costello Club – which was true. What I didn’t tell them was that I was only in Madrid for an IT conference…..

Edukator
    Free Member

Just had a call from a mate, we’re going to play in the park this afternoon, battery powered amps and all. I noticed someone started a thread complaining about people like us in parks so we must be really rock and roll man.

samunkim
    Free Member

Stayed on the Rodeo Bull for 42secs down in Montechoro Albufeira last friday around 2:00am

Not bad for a fifty year old ?

( lost loads of skin on my hand thou )

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘How 'Rock and Roll' are you?’ is closed to new replies.