Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • How rideable is Grisedale Hause ?
  • christhetall
    Free Member

Planning a big day out in the next couple of weeks to include High Street (North to South). Problem is fitting it into a loop starting from Elterwater, so I’m looking at going over from Grasmere to Patterdale via Grisedale Hause. Can’t find much discussion of it – seems a lot less celebrated than other lakeland passes – is that because it’s easier ?

The distance of the loop (45 miles ish) is not unusal for me, but concerned about the amount of walking I’d have to do. A long hard climb is good, but not keen if I have to carry the bike all the way up (and even less keen if I can’t ride down). Having done the top half of high street on a rigid about 20 years ago, I have less concerns about that

philfive
    Free Member

Is this the route from grisdale tarn to patterdale? If so its a great descent and you will enjoy it.

Earl_Grey

Phil – have you done your coast to coast yet? We were going that way but opted to miss that climb/descent as time got short after a hike-a-bike up to greenup edge and (depressingly) another down the other side. We ended up heading over the kirkstone pass by road instead to save time (although I have my doubts as to whether it really did). Sounds like we missed a cracker 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How rideable is Grisedale Hause ?’ is closed to new replies.