How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?

Home Forum Bike Forum How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?

Viewing 23 posts - 161 through 183 (of 183 total)
  • How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?
  • Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I ran out of time to do it “right” so robbed wheels off another bike to get it going for the EWS. Turned out not bad…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nQisSu]IMG_2742[/url] by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nNpS31]IMG_2739[/url] by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

wilko1999

A black one of these, I’m like a kid on Christmas eve. Hurry up Winstanleys…

Premier Icon Normal Man
    Subscriber

@Northwind – very nice bike.

mrblobby

Nice paint job on that Hemlock.

hora

Heres the result of my one month wait 8)

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Cheers chaps, it’s actually re-anodised by Steve the Anodiser, turned out lovely- it flipflops a bit, goes almost candy apple red in low light or really bright in direct sun, not what I’d planned but it’s cool. I’ll do a proper attention whore thread once its got its plastic wheels in.

hora

How much was that Northwind? I have a poo-brown Butcher that I wanted a nice orange shade of…

Premier Icon Normal Man
    Subscriber

So, Northwind, you are a Cotic fan then?

(I may well be looking for justification / reason why my agonising through an 8 week wait is worth it 🙂 )

coogan

Still awaiting my Mach 6. 14 weeks and counting…

Premier Icon Normal Man
    Subscriber

hora – Member
    How much was that Northwind? I have a poo-brown Butcher that I wanted a nice orange shade of

Judging by the STW collectives usual reaction to you / a bike. Is this one a keeper then?

razorrazoo

Northwind – Member
    Cheers chaps, it’s actually re-anodised by Steve the Anodiser,

Is that Steve the Anodiser from Berks/Surrey way? If it is (and how many Steve the Anodisers are there) not seen him around for years.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Normal Man – Member

So, Northwind, you are a Cotic fan then?

Yeah, I’m basically married to this one… Though, the others have all moved on now, just sold my Soda to fund this refurb.

@Hora – it was £130 including return post, though I think that included my hubs too. So it’s pretty competitive with powdercoat, fast turnabout too. The finish has no coverage obviously so if the frame’s marked or damaged you’ll still see it- this one had a mark on the headtube frinstance, that’s why the headbadge is so huge! Oh, it seems to shed mud well too. Really pleased.

I’m waiting on a 26″ 65mm wide carbom rim for my half fat bike. Should be around 350/400g lighter than my current rim 🙂 and a LB 29er 35mm rim for the back, which will save another 270g.

Sui

Waiting for my Spitfire to turn up… Hurry up ISON…

Northwind, what have you done to that Hemlock? Why is it no longer gopping?!!

YT tues august…. Grrrr

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Don’t worry Chiefgrooveguru, if I put the long rocker in it, it goes right back to looking like a crane.

bikebouy

Gosh was it only a week ago since my ” I’m still waiting for my TCX Advance1 SRAM brake recall”? Whine ?

Well here’s another, I’m still waiting.

Bloody “were shipping them out horseshite” publicity stunt, that’s what it is.

And no, Giant asked me to take the bike in for the refit because they said they were ready for it, took off the brakes to send back to SRAM so they can swap them 1:1 🙄

rob8624

Three weeks waiting for me new Heckler. Just had an email putting it back another four weeks. Oh well, trying my best to forget I ever bought it and it will turn up quicker then!

maico

Simpsan – Member

Ordered in late March and possibly shipping next week

Posted 3 weeks ago # Report-Post

Did you get the Radon from Bike-Discount.de ?

Don’t worry Chiefgrooveguru, if I put the long rocker in it, it goes right back to looking like a crane.

I just googled that…

Can’t believe how much better yours looks than it did in white though!

Nothing now this has turned up!

MrSmith

still waiting…have seen pics of it though, should have all the bits together mid-late August

Viewing 23 posts - 161 through 183 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?’ is closed to new replies.