How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?

Home Forum Bike Forum How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?

Viewing 45 posts - 91 through 135 (of 183 total)
  • How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?
  • dooge

Im waiting for nothing new. I am waiting for my medium Nomad to sell and then a large aluminum mk2 Nomad with a 1.5″ headtube to come up for sale! They are so rare as a frame only for the last few months but there was loads in the winter months!

On the same plate, I doubt its going to take me 18 months to find one! 😆

MoseyMTB

That stumpy looks great. The blue alloy one however looks awful.

pipiom

Hope headset then Carbine lightweight weapon can be unleashed on them Manx hills

Over 2 months aaaaaaaAAAAAAAARGGGGGGH!!!!!! The pain

Waiting for my On One 4560b. Been waiting a few weeks now as I am buying it through a cycle to work scheme. Firstly my voucher disappears into the internet ether and I lose my place in the build queue and now that its all sorted On One are now out of stock of the forks and waiting on a delivery.

And I really, really want my bike!

Spud

Once I’ve been for my fitting later this month, a Rourke 953 road bike. Should be around October ish before I get it.

coogan

Frame is now in the country. Woot!

Crell

Ordered this when “in stock”
    Email from Canyon UK saying it was shipping.
    <24 hours later an email from Canyon saying due to demand it was going to be another two weeks but hopefully on its way next week.

Also just finished building this last week. Liteville 301 MK11

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nxUX4y]IMG_0054[/url] by crell999, on Flickr

In “gate camo” mode:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/nxUWZ5]IMAG1505_BURST001[/url] by crell999, on Flickr

natrix

Planet X pro carbon, just got the ‘item shipped’ email.. 😀

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Mrs Binners just texted me to say there’s a big package just arrived from Planet X. I had to have a good think about what it was I’d actually ordered, as I’d completely forgotten I’d bought anything at all. Turns out its new Merino stuff 😀 Quite modest compared to all this lot. But then I have just finished building this thing, which involved quite a few parcels arriving over the past couple of weeks…..

It was meant to be a straight rebuild after a powder coat on the frame. But I got a bit carried away. In the end, the only original part that went back on the frame was……

the seat clamp 😳

pete68

Does that mean it’s just left china natrix? 😉

womp

It’s arrived !!! Can’t wait till morning 🙂

Premier Icon tubthumped
    Subscriber

I hate waiting! The only thing making it easier is it gives my leg injury a couple of weeks to heal before I try and injure it again.

Currently waiting for the insurers to payout on my stolen Five.

Once they sort themselves out I can order myself a nice new Niner WFO.
    Just need to decide on blue or red….. Hmmmm.

stevious

Womp: I am full of hatred and jealousy.

natrix

Does that mean it’s just left china natrix?

Slow boat from China?? I do hope not…… 🙁

hockropper

8 weeks for an On-One 45650b on the cyclescheme, waiting on forks apparently. It better be the best bike I’ve ever ridden, ;0)

rob8624

Just ordered a 650b Heckler, four week wait for the frame to get to the UK. Grrrrrrrrrrr! Oh well!

[8 weeks for an On-One 45650b on the cyclescheme, waiting on forks apparently. It better be the best bike I’ve ever ridden, ;0)]

Same here.

It’s no fun 🙁

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

*gets all light headed at the sight of crell’s lawn*

*faints at the state of Binners’ses lawn*

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

colournoise – Member
    Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    No Cotic Rockets mentioned yet?….
    Just beaten to it by tangoman, but I’m still keeping the faith (either that or I’m just to stubborn for my own good – had ALL the parts ready to hang off it since August last year)

Just heard something on the grapevine that’s got me excited again.

And ‘seen’ something even more interesting…

this bad boy arriving tuesday 😀

now it may be a bit er unusual 😉 but have been given this guitar by a chap called jookychap (a huge thank you to him for his kindness 😀

it’s going to have a set of 13-68 fitted and tuned A to A baritone style.

am just over the moon with it tbh 😀

Crell

*gets all light headed at the sight of crell’s lawn*

Ah Tom, to you it’s a “lawn”, to me it’s grass. I know this forum has standards but it’s next to a wood. I quite like it like that (I don’t live on a new build housing estate) 🙂

Here, give yourself a coronary…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nAneLr]P1010239[/url] by crell999, on Flickr

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

*wanders off, muttering*

😉

Premier Icon merynella
    Subscriber

colournoise – Member
    colournoise – Member
    Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    No Cotic Rockets mentioned yet?….
    Just beaten to it by tangoman, but I’m still keeping the faith (either that or I’m just to stubborn for my own good – had ALL the parts ready to hang off it since August last year)
    Just heard something on the grapevine that’s got me excited again.

And ‘seen’ something even more interesting…

What have you seen and heard? Can you share?

Premier Icon colournoise
    Subscriber

Rather not – it was all a bit unofficial, but is in the public domain if you look in the right places. You might reasonably guess though, that the Escapade and Soul 27.5 aren’t the only new bikes Cy has been working on.

Barring any further unforeseen delays in setting up the new joint venture manufacturing, all things Cotic are looking REALLY interesting again.

Premier Icon merynella
    Subscriber

OK, thanks. Really hoping the June date sticks.

Waiting for puffin and have totally lost the will to live 👿
    Last update 13 th April boat on the way supposedly, is it going via the moon?????? 👿

Rorschach

Allegedly codeines land on monday ,to be dispatched God(Brant) knows when.Although I only parted with the money a few weeks ago I’ve been waiting since I sold my yelli in november.To be honest I’m completely over it and will in all honesty am unlikely to get round to actually building it up any time soon…..(but I can’t be arsed cancelling it now).
    😕

anysize

From the Cotic twitter feed on 1st of May

“The team are riding 29er Prototypes, but they’re a long way from production…”

Turnerfan1

Just ordered a Giant TCX SLR 2 which was supposidly out of stock.
    Kind of given up as showing no stock the last month.
    Checked yesterday and large was showing back in stock!
    Ordered this morning and only a two week wait.
    Don’t need it till September but something to play with early if it turns up!

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

“The team are riding 29er Prototypes, but they’re a long way from production…”

There’s a pic around. They look very ‘right’. The green colour is spot on.

anysize

Anyone know if they are going to be an XC /Trail 29er (Gyro/T129) or a longer travel hooligan bike (Five29/Codeine)?

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

Well the Cotic Enduro duo are using it, so I would say more towards the latter.

My Canyon ultimate slx frame arrived today :-)taking my scott out for a final ride tonight before the big stripdown and rebuild. 😀

LoCo

I have everything for the 29er race bike mentioned earlier apart from the rear axle and mech hanger 👿 FOD Full Boar sunday too 😯

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I’m waiting for the bits to finish my track bike, before I take it for its inaugral spin on Saturday morning. New tyres, pedals and a smaller sprocket. Or rather – they’ve arrived, but I’m not home yet.

I’m quite worried that they’ll tell me the bike breaks some regulation or other though and I can’t use it.

velomanic

I’ll be heading to my LBS at the end of the week to pick up the final parts for my Whyte 29-C build, can’t wait to get started 😀

Premier Icon Rick Draper
    Subscriber

Waiting as of this morning for a 650b Nomad frame to show up 😀 Looking like a 5-6 week wait 😥

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Refinished bits in the mail… Then hubs and rims to icycles so they can become wheels. And that’s the final bit, apart from the stickers and they’ll bide. Counting down…

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Welcome to the club rick! (Bit of an update, invisiframe are now back and have my frame, so hopefully not too much longer!)

Premier Icon mattjg
    Subscriber

As of Monday, waiting on a chrome Canfield Nimble 9. I believe they have just arrived at US customs from Taiwan, then they have to go to Canfield (Bellingham, Washington, between Vancouver and Seattle), then ship over the pond to CTBM and on to me.

How long oh lord how loooooooooonggggg!

Dyffers

Flyxii frame and fork ordered at the end of April.

English BB frame as ordered out of stock until 30th May…no, I don’t want to change my order to a BB30 frame thanks 🙄

Wouldn’t be too bad except I sold the frame & fork it’s replacing on Monday… tick tock tick tock

stevious

nosaintangel – I hate you as well.

LoCo

All bits arrived and Coatsey came up today to finish the build for me ready for the weekend 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nDVLYK]29er[/url] by Loco Tuning, on Flickr

matther01

Delivery date on CRC for mag v12 has now moved from 15/05/14 to 03/06/14…gutted…but not unexpected. Has anyone ever actually received an email from CRC to say they have actual stock of something when you sign up to their notification service. I know I haven’t.

Premier Icon bighairydel
    Subscriber

I’ve been waiting just over two weeks for my first full susser to arrive. Its been the longest two weeks of my life! 3-4 days delivery they said! pfft.
    Still its looks to be worth the wait! I hope!

http://www.cube.eu/uk/bikes/fullsuspension/fritzz/fritzz-160-hpa-pro-275/

Viewing 45 posts - 91 through 135 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?’ is closed to new replies.