Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 183 total)
  • How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?
  • Simpsan
    Free Member

Ordered in late March and possibly shipping next week 😀

cheers_drive

jet26 – Member
    How’s he Rourke cheers drive? Looks lovely. Thinking about one in a year or two.

The Rourke is lovely – although much all new bike purchases no ride is ever as good as the first one on it. I still smile when I open the garage and see it and I don’t tire of the admiring comments (usually from older riders).

boltonjon

+ 1 for my Puffin

Beginning to lose the will to live with it – originally expected it in Feb, but also expected some delays….

Have been advised that they ‘may’ land in the country next week

All shiney bits have landed – but they need something to hang of

Have been planning an epic weeks adventure in the Highlands in early June, so currently getting a bit nervous and laying down contingency plans of buying another frame if the Puffin doesn’t arrive in the next 14 days 🙁

gaz552
    Free Member

Rusty Shackleford[/quote]
    Could be worse, I’m waiting on a YT Capra that won’t be with me until mid August, that will be bright green. I’d much prefer a stealth/black option but YT don’t really do subtle.

felltop

Canyon Spectral 29. Ordered in November, shipped yesterday. Tracking says it has passed through Brussels, should arrive next Wednesday. Hope the weather holds – got some big rides planned.

Kryton57

I’m waiting on my youngest finish nursery.

18 months until new bike time….

athy62
    Free Member

Waiting for Specialized to drop the price of the Camber Evo – fat chance methinks.

JohnnyPanic

Waiting on a Mach 5.7 but can’t complain as only ordered it on Tuesday…

Any day now … 🙂

vinnyeh

Waiting for a Rooster.

Not too bothered about the wait, plenty of other things to occupy me in the meantime. Like deciding which colour to ask for. And wondering what to do about wheels.

Oh, and for a different perspective MSP, I’m looking at it as a group buy of something that might have been a bit risky to put into production without sufficient numbers committing up front to buy. A fairly typical kickstarter project, in other words.

mangoridebike

I was about to place an order for a 650b Remedy when my LBS swayed me with this, it had just arrived in the shop and I couldn’t resist! 🙂 no waiting for me

Plastic Stumpy (PixUp) by Chris_Read_3, on Flickr

dooge
    Free Member

Im waiting for nothing new. I am waiting for my medium Nomad to sell and then a large aluminum mk2 Nomad with a 1.5″ headtube to come up for sale! They are so rare as a frame only for the last few months but there was loads in the winter months!

On the same plate, I doubt its going to take me 18 months to find one! 😆

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

That stumpy looks great. The blue alloy one however looks awful.

pipiom
    Free Member

Hope headset then Carbine lightweight weapon can be unleashed on them Manx hills

Over 2 months aaaaaaaAAAAAAAARGGGGGGH!!!!!! The pain

johnmcgowan
    Free Member

Waiting for my On One 4560b. Been waiting a few weeks now as I am buying it through a cycle to work scheme. Firstly my voucher disappears into the internet ether and I lose my place in the build queue and now that its all sorted On One are now out of stock of the forks and waiting on a delivery.

And I really, really want my bike!

Spud

Once I’ve been for my fitting later this month, a Rourke 953 road bike. Should be around October ish before I get it.

coogan
    Free Member

Frame is now in the country. Woot!

Crell
    Free Member

Ordered this when “in stock”
    Email from Canyon UK saying it was shipping.
    <24 hours later an email from Canyon saying due to demand it was going to be another two weeks but hopefully on its way next week.

Also just finished building this last week. Liteville 301 MK11

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nxUX4y]IMG_0054[/url] by crell999, on Flickr

In “gate camo” mode:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/nxUWZ5]IMAG1505_BURST001[/url] by crell999, on Flickr

natrix
    Free Member

Planet X pro carbon, just got the ‘item shipped’ email.. 😀

binners

Mrs Binners just texted me to say there’s a big package just arrived from Planet X. I had to have a good think about what it was I’d actually ordered, as I’d completely forgotten I’d bought anything at all. Turns out its new Merino stuff 😀 Quite modest compared to all this lot. But then I have just finished building this thing, which involved quite a few parcels arriving over the past couple of weeks…..

It was meant to be a straight rebuild after a powder coat on the frame. But I got a bit carried away. In the end, the only original part that went back on the frame was……

the seat clamp 😳

pete68
    Free Member

Does that mean it’s just left china natrix? 😉

womp
    Free Member

It’s arrived !!! Can’t wait till morning 🙂

tubthumped
    Free Member

I hate waiting! The only thing making it easier is it gives my leg injury a couple of weeks to heal before I try and injure it again.

Currently waiting for the insurers to payout on my stolen Five.

Once they sort themselves out I can order myself a nice new Niner WFO.
    Just need to decide on blue or red….. Hmmmm.

stevious

Womp: I am full of hatred and jealousy.

natrix
    Free Member

Does that mean it’s just left china natrix?

Slow boat from China?? I do hope not…… 🙁

hockropper

8 weeks for an On-One 45650b on the cyclescheme, waiting on forks apparently. It better be the best bike I’ve ever ridden, ;0)

rob8624
    Free Member

Just ordered a 650b Heckler, four week wait for the frame to get to the UK. Grrrrrrrrrrr! Oh well!

johnmcgowan
    Free Member

[8 weeks for an On-One 45650b on the cyclescheme, waiting on forks apparently. It better be the best bike I’ve ever ridden, ;0)]

Same here.

It’s no fun 🙁

tomhoward

*gets all light headed at the sight of crell’s lawn*

*faints at the state of Binners’ses lawn*

colournoise

colournoise – Member
    Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    No Cotic Rockets mentioned yet?….
    Just beaten to it by tangoman, but I’m still keeping the faith (either that or I’m just to stubborn for my own good – had ALL the parts ready to hang off it since August last year)

Just heard something on the grapevine that’s got me excited again.

And ‘seen’ something even more interesting…

racefaceec90

this bad boy arriving tuesday 😀

now it may be a bit er unusual 😉 but have been given this guitar by a chap called jookychap (a huge thank you to him for his kindness 😀

it’s going to have a set of 13-68 fitted and tuned A to A baritone style.

am just over the moon with it tbh 😀

Crell
    Free Member

*gets all light headed at the sight of crell’s lawn*

Ah Tom, to you it’s a “lawn”, to me it’s grass. I know this forum has standards but it’s next to a wood. I quite like it like that (I don’t live on a new build housing estate) 🙂

Here, give yourself a coronary…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nAneLr]P1010239[/url] by crell999, on Flickr

tomhoward

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

*wanders off, muttering*

😉

merynella
    Free Member

colournoise – Member
    colournoise – Member
    Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    No Cotic Rockets mentioned yet?….
    Just beaten to it by tangoman, but I’m still keeping the faith (either that or I’m just to stubborn for my own good – had ALL the parts ready to hang off it since August last year)
    Just heard something on the grapevine that’s got me excited again.

And ‘seen’ something even more interesting…

What have you seen and heard? Can you share?

colournoise

Rather not – it was all a bit unofficial, but is in the public domain if you look in the right places. You might reasonably guess though, that the Escapade and Soul 27.5 aren’t the only new bikes Cy has been working on.

Barring any further unforeseen delays in setting up the new joint venture manufacturing, all things Cotic are looking REALLY interesting again.

merynella
    Free Member

OK, thanks. Really hoping the June date sticks.

freehighlander
    Free Member

Waiting for puffin and have totally lost the will to live 👿
    Last update 13 th April boat on the way supposedly, is it going via the moon?????? 👿

Rorschach
    Free Member

Allegedly codeines land on monday ,to be dispatched God(Brant) knows when.Although I only parted with the money a few weeks ago I’ve been waiting since I sold my yelli in november.To be honest I’m completely over it and will in all honesty am unlikely to get round to actually building it up any time soon…..(but I can’t be arsed cancelling it now).
    😕

anysize
    Free Member

From the Cotic twitter feed on 1st of May

“The team are riding 29er Prototypes, but they’re a long way from production…”

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Just ordered a Giant TCX SLR 2 which was supposidly out of stock.
    Kind of given up as showing no stock the last month.
    Checked yesterday and large was showing back in stock!
    Ordered this morning and only a two week wait.
    Don’t need it till September but something to play with early if it turns up!

AlexSimon

“The team are riding 29er Prototypes, but they’re a long way from production…”

There’s a pic around. They look very ‘right’. The green colour is spot on.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘How painful is it waiting for a new bike? What are you waiting on?’ is closed to new replies.