Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • how old were you when you had kids?
  • ton

25 and 30. and gonna be a grandad at 43

andrew
    Free Member

32, 36, 37.

It has suited me just fine; thoroughly love being a dad.

Tracey

27 and 30, wouldnt change it

tyger
    Free Member

27 and 30 – they’re now 20 and 17 and yes, 2 teenage daughters will give you grey hair but certainly I have no regrets – 🙂

ziggy
    Free Member

30 for me, about right I would say, certainly matured me.

Seeing as it’s turning into a ‘my kid is cuter than yours’ thread Here’s my mini me.

postierich
    Free Member

“Ha Ha” points @ brakes and stabilizers ee is a wuss! 😉

Potdog
    Free Member

30 and 33 for me. They are 12 and 9 now. Taken direct action to avoid number 3 😯

Macinblack
    Free Member

We had our first of three when we were 21, absolutely no regrets at all. They’re all grown now and I’m still young and fit enough to give my son a run for his money on a cycle or motorbike and I’m old enough to give a convincing scowl to the girl’s new boyfriends.

miketually
    Free Member

*counts on fingers*

My eldest is five, so must have been born in 2003, which would have made me 26 when she was born. My youngest was born two years later in 2005, when I was 28. I’ll be 32 this year, and they’ll be 6 and 4 on their birthdays.

Almost all the parents of our kids friends are roundabout ten years older than we are, which is great because it means that we get to take the piss out of them being old duffers.

It’s an old picture, but here’s my youngest on the top of a new trail at Hamsterley (fixed direct drive brakeless trike!):

djglover
    Free Member

32, had twins, ready made family. Job done

zaskar
    Free Member

Awww @pics how cute.

Still wouldn’t have any-dirty diapers!

Probably be 36 knowing me. Rather buy that Porsche on the classifieds!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

32 and 35 here.
    If I’d have met MrFC sooner then we would problably have had kids sooner!
    But he made me wait ’til I was 29 before he appeared!! 😉

matt_outandabout

27, 28 and 30, since were on a post a pic of your kids as well…
    cool n the gang 8)

mamadirt
    Free Member

29 – spot on I reckon. Met papadirt at 17, married at 20, spent 9 years practising . . . sorry, living a little and seeing the world, then spent the next 9+ years doing it all over again with 3 kids in tow – quality 😀

flamejob
    Free Member

These advantages people with kids speak of….?

All I hear is ‘can’t get the right school’, ‘crippling expenses’ etc.

Confused of West London

…. has anyone seen idiocracy?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I was 27 when Ollie was born. Talk of another one soon 🙂

matt_outandabout

talk? it takes more than talk…all mouth, no…….

jimmy

matt – your middle one wins!

matt_outandabout

middle in pic or middle in age?

greenman
    Free Member

37 and 39, too old? No but with hind sight I’d have done it sooner.

IcarusGreen
    Free Member

I’m 27, the wife is 26. Not got kids and not having any, i’m quite happy being an uncle and giving the rug-rats back after an afternoon.

superlurch
    Free Member

31 and 35.

I was trying to get out of it for as long as I could but, now they are here, I’d have done it sooner if anything…

aviemoron
    Free Member

40 and 42, kids now 1 and 3, ugh! I am glad I did a lot of things and travelling before this. But like some people have said here, having them late takes more out of you. IMO. Sleepless nights, two young’uns and both being self-employed means never a free moment and when spare time does come your way it is eagerly grabbed. Hard as it is I do love it though and the two boys are great fun. The elder is a keen rider already and this winter has been learning to ski, soon be ready for some real adventures!

jojoA1
    Free Member

25 and 31. Too soon and with the wrong people. I’m a better person for having had them, much less self centered. Bloody frustrating creatures, but I mostly love them.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Bloody frustrating creatures, but I mostly love them.

Too true…kids are like fellas…nightmare to live with, but would be completely lost without them!!! 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉

NB…the abundance of 😉 !!!

MoreCashThanDash

34 and 37 – might have been earlier had life turned out differently, might have been later as halfway through a part-time degree, whilst working full time as well, did rather stuff the grades that had been on track for a First before Junior arrived.

No real regrets, but seeing our 70 year old parents already struggling to keep up with a 5 year old and a 2 year old is the only downside to having had them relatively later – I’d hate them to lose their grandparents too young

toxicsoks
    Free Member

#1 – 30 – she’s now 21,at Uni studying Zoology and Ecology.

#2 – 32 – she’s now 19, at college studying Technical Theatre (or How to be a Roadie, er, man!)

#3 – 36 – he’s now 15, GCSEs this year, studying dirt jumping and D/H!!

Love ’em all.

2tyred

1st at 31, 2nd at 34.

exactly how i would have planned it, if i’d planned it.

neil_1979
    Free Member

I will be 30 by the time my 1st makes an appearance in August 🙂

will
    Free Member

Your all old enough be to be my parents 🙄

akira

31 in fact it was only this morning, bit spaced, one doing fine and the other in neo natal as has blood sugar and temp were a bit low.

salad_dodger

Fantastic shot Akira. Best of luck to you all!

I was 28 when I had my first and 34 when the second arrived. I’m about to completely mess their lives up by walking out. The “joys” of a mid life crisis….

flamejob
    Free Member

Good luck Akira!

@salad … as in leave them in the lurch ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Huge congratulations Akira – nice to see another member of the STW Twins Club 🙂 So – what buggy have you got?…..

VanHalen

23 (9yrs old) and 32 (6wks)

sleep deprivation is easier to deal with when you are younger.

it also costs less.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I was 31 when Sam was born. He turns 4 in March.

and 33 when Mia popped out. Being a protective father over my daughter I am having words with Iggle Piggle to back off! She will be 1 in April.

her legs will give Chris Hoy a run for his money 😉

MM

clubber
    Free Member

33 when my 8 month old arrived. It was pretty much exactly when I wanted it to happen – I’d spent long enough doing all the things what I wanted to and had reached a point where I really wanted to start a family. Luckily that coincided with what Mrs Clubber wanted too 🙂

(he was only a couple of weeks old in that pic but already in his first cycling jersey 🙂 )

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

36 & 38 for me, I am certainly glad I didnt leave it any longer

I_Ache
    Free Member

24 with my first and 26 with the one thats due in 5 weeks.

I think this pic sums my daughter up!

mrsflash
    Free Member

33 when my 8 month old arrived.

wow, poor mrs clubber 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘how old were you when you had kids?’ is closed to new replies.