Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • How old is the bike you ride?
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

2007 for road bike
    2010 for commuter
    2013 for MTB (replaced a 2006 Giant XTC and I’d hope to get at least the same out of it)

zbonty

In order of use
    2005 ish Inbred, commuter with racks/guards. Everyday use and abuse.
    2008 ish Ti456, one and only mtb. Not seeing much action.
    2014 Salsa Vaya thingy. Assembled a few months ago. Barely ridden it
    1996 Bontrager, but its really just a frame awaiting paint/assemblage

Thats the most bikes i’ve ever owned

Until last night all three bike had knackered back wheels. Luckily i had one working bike by this morning though. Needed it too as some poor sod jumped under a train so my ride in was extended today.

cakefacesmallblock

2008 Giant Trance ( only frame and crank arms from original spec ), does anything from 25 to 50 miles a week and pretty much has done since new.

1997 Gt Palomar , pub and shopping hack.

1996 Steel Rockhopper, well, actually not rideable right now, not sure if to sell or rebuild into a third reincarnation, maybe as a tourer / commuter.

gazc
    Free Member

2001ish Santa Cruz Chameleon with mix of parts from then onwards. have some 97 Z1 bams to go on it too
    2011 Titus El Guapo full sus mtb with 2013 forks & new 2014 drivetrain
    2012 Nukeproof Scalp dh – with new 2014 drivetrain
    2013 Salsa Vaya commuter/road/cx
    2014 Salsa El Mariachi bikepacking/adventure/explore bike

still have as much fun on the 12 year old chameleon as any of the other newer bikes although a works components head angle reducer headset would be nice

RustySpanner

1996 Trek 1400 road bike.

2001 steel Rockhopper – tourer/shopper/commuter.

2004 Mongoose Expert BMX.

2006 Rock Lobster 853.

DezB
    Free Member

2006 Yeti 575 still going!
    2006 Handjob, nearly raped it for parts for a bike for my son, but was saved by stealing his mum’s bike and he likes it (an awesome 2002 Fisher Sugar)
    and a Genesis Io singlespeed of indeterminable age.
    Just remembered 2013 Cannondale CAADX!

Daffy

08 Ibis Mojo
    12 Day One Alfine
    14 Pickenflick

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

My road bike is 7 years old, my newest mountain bike is about 9 years old and my oldest regularly used mountain bike is about 24 years old. There’s a couple of others in between those.

jonnouk
    Free Member

I’ve been riding MTB almost 20yrs.

Current lineup:
    – 02 Orange Patriot
    – 06 Tomac Omen

stumpy01

2010 Stumpjumper FSR bought in early 2010. Given how much it gets ridden, I can’t really justify replacing it for several more years. Not that I want to, to be honest. I love it.

Inbred bought in 2010, with a fairly cheap build. Just given it a full strip and re-build with about £70 worth of new bits. Needs a full fork service though (08 Reba’s), although tempted to swap them for some rigid carbon forks as don’t really need bouncy forks on it for the type of riding I do on it.

2012 (maybe 2013) cheapy road bike, that I’d really like to replace with something nicer, but that ain’t happening any time soon.

mst
    Free Member

2004 S-Works enduro – Recently tried to upgrade it with an RP23 CTD and discovered that it doesn’t fit.

Pace RC300 – No idea how old that is

Dengfu CX bike – Brand spanking new, un-ridden as yet

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

’93 Dawes Reynolds frame mtb – now a frankenbike commuter thing with 700c wheels, mudguards, narrow daft bars
    ’04 Specialized Allez Elite Road bike
    ’04 ish Azonics Sabre – my ‘enduro’ race bike at the moment
    ’09 ish Trek Fuel Ex – my ‘go to’ trail/guiding bike

All get new parts thrown on them as and when they need it or I fancy a change.

It’s not about the age, it’s the way they ride 😉

Crag
    Free Member

Hardtails a 2004 Cannondale that’s had shedloads of different stuff on over the years. Currently got some coil Lyriks (2009 I think) wound down to 120/130mm and 1×10 zee gear with 2007 (ish) Louise FR brakes. I keep expecting it to die so I can get a Soul but at the moment it just keeps going – its by far the best bike I’ve ever owned.

FS is a 2013 Transition Covert which I bought new about 6 months ago.

As much as I like it, I still keep going back to the Cannondale.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

98 Lava Dome, like a tough whippet
    2011 Genesis Core, bombroof, heavy and reliable
    2010 Litespeed Obed – waiting to ride!
    97 M-Trax (Still the best of the stable for all-rounding, sometimes wish it had discs tho…)
    1974 Raleigh Twenty – unridden restoration project

Old and new stuff works for me.

andytherocketeer

2008 Cotic Soul
    2010 Droessiger CX bike

1996 Scott Vail (but I never use that one)
    1989 Madison/Ridgeback Rapide (never use that either)

bigyinn
    Free Member

2004 Spesh Enduro Pro – nothing of the orignal bike remains, even the frame. (It was a warranty replacement for an E2003 Enduro Expert).
    2008 Marin Nail trail. Frame only with all parts interchangeable with the Enduro^^^

kcal

As per previous thread – my two MTBs
    1998 M2 (geared) – original is frame and cranks only, just very used to it.
    1995(c) Kilaeua SS conversion. Lovely bike

Happy with both, get nagged by mates to upgrade but only occasionally do I feel my resistance waver..

Pickers

1996 GT Zaskar here, owned from new.

Bluebells wk3 Work by pickers48, on Flickr

Another Triggers broom bike. It now has different forks and brakes to this pic.

atlaz
    Free Member

1965 Bertin
    1988 Raleigh
    2010 Mondraker
    2011 Singular
    2012 Synapse

matt_outandabout

mrs_oab – Cannondale F900SL circa 1999/2000 – and she is yet to find a better hardtail for a 5′ petite rider. Light as a feather.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

2006 Marin first “proper” MTB still in service (and ridden yesterday), with every part except frame and cranks changed 2-3 times

2003 Giant road bike – wheels changed a couple of times, but mostly still good (9 speed Ultegra seems to go on and on). Last ridden on Monday.

2012 Pompetamine Alfine. Don’t ride this as much as I’d like.

PiknMix
    Free Member

1997 Rockhopper
    2001 Rockhopper
    2013 456 evo II

I ride the 97 rockhopper the most.

TiRed

1987 Dawes tandem
    1990 Poyner Track
    1992 Shorter TT
    1999 Dawes tandem
    2007 Kona Paddy Wagon
    2012 Genesis ioid
    2013 Defy SL
    2013 CAAD8
    2013 Dolan Track
    2014 Propel

Good bikes stay good.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

2000 Kona Nunu (SS/Hack)
    2010 Inbred 456
    2004 Fondriest Road bike
    2015 Super spangly short travel trail 29er FS – hopefully

racefaceec90

2011 charge duster

rhayter

Been riding since 1989. Current (rideable) bikes:

2006 Kona Jake the Snake (have considered putting carbon forks on to make it a bit more comfy but never got round to it)
    2012/13 MY Yeti BigTop 29r with 2012/2103 parts scavenged in various online sales

Also:
    2015 Yeti SB5c (in my head)
    1995 Marin Team Titanium in bits in the shed

mintimperial

My 1996 Marin Pine Mountain still gets ridden. I’ve been using it as a commuter for a couple of years, but I think I’ll take the mudguards off and build it back up in its full retro spec again, possibly to sell.

My main bikes are 2011 Canyon Nerve AM and a 2013 Cotic Soul.

Andy-R

These are mostly frame ages, not components –

1988 Kona Explosif (only frame /forks original)
    1995 Kona Kilauea
    2008 Singular Hummingbird (x2)
    2010 Genesis Alpitude with 2006 Marzocchi Z1 150mm forks

Apart from the ’88 Explosif I’ve never bought a complete bike though.

TP
    Free Member

2008 Cotic Soul here as well, it refuses to stop being enjoyable or break. No new bike until I get a new job or win a new contract or two.

just5minutes
    Free Member

my oldest is a Cannondale F2000 from 2002 complete with Lefty Electric lockout. My newest is a Cannondale synapse that my wife doesn’t even know about yet but I’ve definitely reached the point that the F2000, the Cannondale Rush from 2007 and the Cannondale Badboy from 2008 are all going to have to go despite all being in a condition that reflects their cherished status.

superleggero
    Free Member

Hardtail is a 2003 Kinesis Maxlight XC Pro, with 2009 Rockshox Reba 100mm forks, and Shimano M775 wheels also from 2009 (bearings checked and serviced regularly!).

It’s fitted with ‘old school rules’ square taper BB, and period Deore crankset. Frame has both rim and disc brake fittings which made it seemingly futureproof at the time, and is currently fitted with M596 Deore discs.

Most of the rest has been upgraded/replaced over the years and now includes a Thomson stem and seatpost and USE carbon handlebars. Still ride it regularly. It’s a really good fit and just feels right which is why I haven’t changed it.

iainc

had a lot of bike changes in last 2 yrs and have been riding for about 15 yrs. current lineup :

2012 Defy Composite
    2013 Soul
    2013 Dolan track
    2014 Croix De Fer

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

you lot are a bunch of kids:

funk – 1992 -admittedly rarely ridden
    manitou fs 1994 – see above
    ibis ti mojo – 1994 – SS ridden 1 times a week
    ibis BowTi 1999 – ridden in real mountains often
    ibis Ti Mojo ltd 2012 – ridden 2 time a week

pictonroad

97 Zaskar (well, the frame is…) still my main mountain bike, managed 80 miles on it at the Bontrager 24/12.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nRGUUa]Mojo[/url] by pictonroad, on Flickr

Not doing it again on this if I can help it. I’m getting to the age where a FS 29r will save my lower spine from excess wear on riders over 50miles

unovolo
    Free Member

Frame is a Saracen Kili circa 1994, Forks are Salsa Chromotos circa Mid Noughties.

Front wheel is a Mavic Crossride circa 2006 rest of it is all pretty new.
    Built up as a rigid 1×10 and rides lovely.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Main road bike is about 20 years old. Main MTB is about 13. I am toying with the idea of a new MTB. My wife did get a new MTB just last year though, we aren’t complete tightarses but the old bikes just happen to be perfect for our uses and the frames haven’t cracked yet. Actually the old MTB did crack the swing arm just recently but that was replaceable!

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

WTB Phoenix – 1996 ish.
    Klein Matra – 1998 ish.
    Cannondale F200SL – 2000 ish.
    OnOne Ti Inbred – 2001 ish
    Kona Abra Cadabra – 2012
    Giant XTC Advanced 2 – 2014
    Cannondale Trail SL 3 SS – 2014

Plus a couple of road bikes. Plus the wifes bikes.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

It’s so new that it hasn’t been ridden yet and isn’t in the shops. It’s a 2015 time traveller.

Whyte G150 Works 2015- now
    Whyte 909 2014- 2014

rossi46
    Free Member

Mine are ancient:

1992 Kona Cinder Cone

And 2002 Intense Spider XVP

M6TTF
    Free Member

2008 fuel ex. Most parts upgraded or replaced. Would love a new ride but can’t afford one 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘How old is the bike you ride?’ is closed to new replies.