Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • How old are your Ron Hills?
  • DrJ

They are made of nasty scratchy material that clings and rides up in the wrong places so you look like Max Wall. Also they do not suit people like me who have fat arses 🙁

DrJ

if thier good enough for the Royal Marines thier good enough for me

Well, if you see someone in Tracksters and say "you look ridiculous", if it's a marine he will probably cut you up and eat your liver, whereas I will cry and run away.

MrAgreeable

Ron Hills? Pah! Proper unfashionable cyclists wear those horrible saggy thermal tights with the world champion bands round the ankles.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr M-C posting) still got a pair I bought in early '90s when I first started riding. M-C loves em. Honest.

Seriously, now only wear em as wicking base layer under my motorcycle leathers.

glenh
    Free Member

Who cares what Ron Hills look like? At least they don't look like this:

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

EURGH…Glen which one is you though?? 😉
    Okay show us pics of your Ron Hills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donald
    Free Member

The expression "as old as the hills" is actually a reference to the fact that most people own a pair of 1989 Ron Hills.

Not a lot of people know that.

DrJ

At least they don't look like this

My eyes, dear God, my eyes!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ancient. Still work tho.
    They are the ideal anti-fashion statement when combined with a faded purple Buffalo mountain top.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Does TJ approve of the helmet [pun intended] on the left though?

smiffy

IMO, there is a wonderful aesthetic into which Ronhills fit brilliantly well. It is not a fashionable one though, and is flattering only to people who look really quite tough, with odd, stringy walnut brown muscles, and have a 1000 yard stare, grey eyes and crow's feet.

I know the former special forces PTI to whom you refer, or a chap very similar 😉

smiffy

My Mrs. looks pretty good in them. With veery long legs, the styrrups just under the calf muscle do it for me.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘How old are your Ron Hills?’ is closed to new replies.