Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • How old are your lungs?
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Well c’mon, don’t be shy…

allthepies
    Free Member

Got a new set last year.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Mine are made from iron!!…lol

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The same age as the rest of me.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Never smoked, never done drugs so I guess they’ll be pretty damn fine ta.

Or are you talking about “ladies lungs” ?? 🙄

teasel
    Free Member

Smoked like a chimney for a large part of my life, done lots of drugs so I guess they’ll be knackered.

No, wait…recent tests suggested they were those of a 30 year old. Which is nice considering I’m 17 years beyond that.

lowey

I had a spiro test funnily enough last year. I was 44 and told i had the lungs of a 52 year old. 😯

Smoking for you.

Yak

Just done a quick peak flow test – 620l/min. That’s an improvement over 2 weeks ago when I was down at 500ish. Usually over 650, so hoping that my 9 flipping week viral chest infection is nearing an end.

Anyway age? Been feeling very old recently.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I know someone that’s looking for a set, so if anyone would like to trade them in, give me a shout! 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Smoking for you.

Ah, thanks, but you shouldn’t have.

Middle aged lungs here.

nealglover
    Free Member

According to the Internet (Google the thread title) JHJ has been reading the Daily Mail.

And my lungs are six weeks old.

What do I win ?

Northwind

And you come to me on a summer breeze
    Keep me warm in your love, then you softly leave
    And it’s me you need to show
    How old are your lungs?

DezB
    Free Member

And you come to me on a summer breeze
    Keep me warm in your love, then you softly leave
    And it’s me you need to show
    How old are your lungs?

*wipes away tear*

Yak

According to the Internet (Google the thread title) JHJ has been reading the Daily Mail.

And my lungs are six weeks old.

that means I’ve knackered 2 sets then 😕

stu1972
    Free Member

Smoked for 20 years and have been stopped for 7 years.

Recent lung capacity test told me I have the lung capacity of a 24 y/o

Result.

The hearts probably knacked though.

ton

I reckon my lungs must be like 2 x 20 gallon drums, to be able todrag my size around on the bike…. 😀

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’m 49 and I can blow the meter off the end of the scale (thats with a peak flow meter). Last time the doc had to look in her books to see if it was even possible so I did it again for her.

dannybgoode

39 and been told I have the lungs of a 24 y/o at a recent health assessment.

Shame the rest of me is deeply unfit…

aracer
    Free Member

Well there’s a shocker

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Damn, caught in the act…

Always been conditioned to be strongly opposed to the daily mail, but in fairness have found their coverage of certain stories to be among the best in terms of depth.

It all came about because when I woke up this morning, I wondered if we are all a bit like triggers broom because of the way our cells replace themselves, so I got my google on.

Maybe I inhaled too much dust in my sleep

pondo

Always been conditioned to be strongly opposed to the daily mail, but in fairness have found their coverage of certain stories to be among the best in terms of depth.

Wow. I’d avoid swimming if I were you, your ability to judge depth is questionable.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Has anyone purposely tried to increase their lung function? Funnily enough I had the test the other day and it was pretty disappointing! One test seemed to skew the result and the doctor kinda poopoo’d the age thing but 10 years as a smoker during my 20’s has got me thinking of the damage I may have done.

Stainypants

My lung age is always at least 10 years older than my actual age even when I was marathon running. I can still beat my mates 10 years younger and several stone lighter to the top of some of the steepest hills. I think I’ve just got small efficient lungs

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Wow. I’d avoid swimming if I were you, your ability to judge depth is questionable.

That’s diving you’re thinking of 😉

Who’da thunk six week old lungs would be up to such a task

wolfenstein
    Free Member

im 37, medical exam at work showing 56 👿 (i still believe those test are faulty)

CountZero

No idea! I’ve never had much stamina, doing long, steep climbs on the bike would have me gasping. Never smoked, though, so they’ll at least be the same age as the rest of me. Unlike my knees…

froggy67
    Free Member

Not been told an equivalent age, but my most recent lung function test showed me working at 70%, not great but much better than the 56% I was a couple of years ago. That’s what a combination of asthma and muscular problems with your diaphragm does for you.

molgrips
    Free Member

Has anyone purposely tried to increase their lung function?

8x200m sprints with 30s rest, running not cycling.

Huge effect on aerobic capacity. Try it, your lungs get a hell of a workout!

It enabled me to go from breathing every other stroke with difficulty to breathing every third stroke with ease when swimming. Also meant I never got out of breath on the bike. Leg pain became the limiting factor instead.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘How old are your lungs?’ is closed to new replies.