How often for new tubeless fluid?

Home Forum Bike Forum How often for new tubeless fluid?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How often for new tubeless fluid?
  • Superficial

I usually forget. And get punctures that don’t seal every 6 months or so. So I’d guess I need to top up more frequently than that.

Seriously, when I asked this before, the consensus was to give the wheel a shake. If you can’t hear fluid sloshing about, add some more.

dantsw13

I’ve been getting lax at keeping them topped up. Today I sliced a tyre on some freshwater mussel shells and it wouldn’t seal even with plenty of liquid inside.

When the tyre came off to put a tube in, the liquid inside was very watery and there was one of those big rubber monster things. Basically, the liquid had lost all its latex.

Premier Icon Vortexracing
    Subscriber

Every 3 months or so

My bike sits next to a radiator in the garage and that dries the stuff up pretty quickly 🙁

I just add a little when I swap tyres, so I never really have to worry about remembering to top it up.

a radiator in the garage

A radiator? In the garage??? How the other half live! 😉

ChunkyMTB

Every few months.

creamegg

3-4 months

dantsw13

How often do we all top up our tubeless setups? All new fluid or just throw a bit more in?

CaptainSlow

Unless you’ve had a noticeable puncture (i.e. tyre went a bit soft or there’s evidence of sealant) then 3-4 months – just throw a fresh scoop or two in.

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

I never top it up as a routine thing – would only do so if I started to get punctures or if the tyres were deflating on standing overnight. I guess with changing tyres the odd time in the year this cycles new latex in.

You can definitely go a long time without doing owt – assuming non-thorny trails, decent set-up, go 6 months easy and the tyres will still have a decent seal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How often for new tubeless fluid?’ is closed to new replies.