Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How nice was it riding round Woburn today?
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

V bloddy nice that's how much. Possibly could be described as perfect for Woburn….not to wet and not too dry 😀

Never caught up with Jedi tho' despite going all over the place although I did see his van

Going to go thro' my bike clothing drawer and put all my cold weather stuff away till next winter

heavy_rat
    Free Member

I'm up there tonight. Can't wait. Looking forward to riding in some drier conditions.

Jase_MK
    Free Member

FFS. All winter I´ve been waiting for these conditions and now I´m out of the country for a week* reading about how fantastic my local trails are! Looking forward to a great summer at Woburn.

*could be worse, I´m sitting in the sunshine in Portugal planning some nice singletrack for tomorrow.

oldgit
    Free Member

Going well innit. Our usual night ride is a bit stop and start, but the other night we went for it, the singletrack is A1. I know what you mean about it being not too dry which might sound odd to a non Woburnist, but it can get almost beach like after long dry spells.
    Spring is the best time.
    Edit; I even stuck on an old Verti Pro for a laugh, that's about as close as I get to Rad.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

i know what you mean OG, a bit of moisture in the sand to keep it together is best.

_tom_
    Free Member

Anyone around for a Woburn mid-week'er one day next week? Been wanting to go for ages, some of the downhill stuff looks fun to play around on and the singletrack looks great as well.

Might go to Chicksands early on (get there for 10ish) then on to Woburn for the afternoon/when I get bored of chicky!

ken_shields
    Free Member

Ideally it'll rain lightly tomorrow to maintain the surface for a Sunday ride

jedi

oh it was lovely there today 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Well i am off there for the 1st time tomorrow morning…so if anyone sees someone on a black dialled alpine looking lost then help a brother out 😉

jedi

ill be there too. say hi if you pass 🙂

ken_shields
    Free Member

It is getting sandier at Woburn. Had a quick spin round with my daughter on Friday afternoon.

Bumped into Jedi and Tom Thumb in the Sandy Lane carpark and Jamie at the jump spot (did you ever find the Rollercoaster?)

Holly says "Hi" to all

Jamie
    Free Member

did you ever find the Rollercoaster?

Nope….my head got turned by some passing trails and ended up heading towards the Woburn Golf Course. Didn't remember you mentioning that so assume i had gone the wrong way. Was getting hungry so came back to the car. Reckon i am going to need to be shown the way at some point!

oldgit
    Free Member

Going down after work today about 12.30/1.00pm'ish strictly pootle and play as I've got a big one on Sunday 😯

.duncan
    Free Member

It was lovely on thursday too, might be back up tomorrow.

jedi

nice to finally meet you and hollie ken! 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

first time up there on friday with jedi,

some lovely trails definatley on my list of 'places to ride again'

nice to meet you ken. cheers for the tuition jedi. ace.

oldgit
    Free Member

Great again today.
    Spent a quiet morning at work getting fired up on Chris Akrigg videos. So shot ot for a play straight afterwards, anyone that knows me will know I put he C in XC.
    Anyway had a pop at a few things, and minutes later I was hobbling home witha bust pedal.

A lesson learnt. Although I hardly use the granny it came in flippin handy when riding up the hills on a bust pedal. So no 2X10 just yet.

jedi

thomthumb, it was a pleasure to coach you and rich 🙂

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

rode their for my first time today…if the weather stays half decent I'll be there many more times in the next few weeks!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How nice was it riding round Woburn today?’ is closed to new replies.