• This topic has 88 replies, 79 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • How narcissistic are you?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Wow, check out the peak in mid-late 80s. There really was an increase in self confidence and arrogance!

molgrips
    Free Member

Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people

Oops!

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I couildn’t be arsed to finish it…40 questions ffs!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mr Grips..

That chart..^^^^

Prolly explains a lot… I was educated in the States during the late 80’s/early 90’s..

Hhahahahahaha 😳

MSP

There was the survey that showed American students to be massively more confident in their own abilities compared to other nationalities, but only middling in actual achievements.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I think as molgrips says probably the most interesting thing is the chart particularly the peak in about the 87 and then a drop. In some of the cases the confidence level did reach that peak again until 95.

This does seem to mirror the mid 80’s as being a very confident time for america and the outlook that people should be successful and confident ie yuppy/wall street etc etc.

The drop from 88-92 ish seems to mirror the grunge / alternative outlook where being different/depressed was seen as cooler.

Im not too sure on the economics of the 80’s but it doesnt seem to mirror GDP in anyway.

america uk GDP 1980-1995

In america the only slow down seemed to be between 1990 and 1991. So seems like the chart mirror attitude rather than economics.

elzorillo
    Free Member

28.. I expected higher hehe

D0NK

6 and didn’t think I hated myself that much

answers seemed a bit binary

willard

I think I need a hug.

tinsy
    Free Member

Its a shit test what with bi polar so common these days I know people who could get 4 one day & 34 the next.

I got 4 today, will try again tomorrow.

stcolin
    Free Member

Er, 1….

elzorillo
    Free Member

What with my mum being called Mary, my dad Joseph and me being born on the epithany (all true) what else could I expect but to be riddled with self belief.

molgrips
    Free Member

The drive to succeed slides as the other measures increase – “I don’t need to work hard to succeed, I’m already great” or “success is easy these days you just need to believe in yourself”

FG
    Free Member

1 for me as well. Doesn’t mean anything though – Narcissists usually cock up as they don’t think things through.

brakes
    Free Member

High on self-sufficiency which I expected
    Also high on exploitativeness but low on entitlement. I think that this means I like to manipulate people for no reason.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

7, the same as Hora.

I’m afraid, very, very afraid 😯

grantway
    Free Member

mmmmm Scored 23
    But was modest on the strength due to the type of questions and worded option
    between the two question options

Narcissistic Trait Strength of Trait
    Authority: 4.00
    Self-Sufficiency: 3.00
    Superiority: 2.00
    Exhibitionism: 4.00
    Exploitativeness: 3.00
    Vanity: 3.00
    Entitlement: 4.00

nicko74

I struggle with long sentences, I’m too special to spend time on this.

How narcissistic are you?

Not very – I mean, I clearly *am* special, so it’s only right that I appreciate that.

martinhutch

er….1!

<Gets coat, sidles out>

An average of 12-15? Blimey.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

imnotverygood

7, but then it is pretty obvious which answers to give if you don’t want to look a knob.

FG
    Free Member

It’s also a weird test as not many people are one or the other of each question. It’s more what you prefer to do rather than what you actually do.

Solo
    Free Member

joao3v16
    Free Member

Another 1 here. Not at all bothered what that’s supposed to say about me. Which just supports the ‘1’ result I guess 😀

If bein higher up the scale means you’re more pushy/arrogant/selfish/cocky (which it seems to) then I’m even happier with my 1.

bigyinn
    Free Member

4 being honest, 40 if you pick the right answers deliberately.
    The test is too black and white.

kudos100
    Free Member

13, an average narcissist.

CountZero

Well, I was trying to be as honest as I could, but some questions weren’t really appropriate, neither answer seemed to quite fit.
    I got 2.
    I’ve always wondered why my coats always seem to get mucky footprints down the back…

peterfile
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

Erm.. 24, but you lot knew I’d hit high on this didn’t you..

The very fact you think we’d know is quite telling 😉

fervouredimage
    Free Member

23 tragically. I was a little upset by this mainly because it was answered with a knowing honesty.

Nipper99
    Free Member

4 – i’ll just go and creep back under my duvet.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not for the first time I’ve been called a pompous arse on here.. 😆 😳

redstripe
    Free Member

How about trying this test to see where you lie:
    [/url]

First time I realised I was a communist anarchist apparently

redstripe
    Free Member
    fourbanger
    Free Member

Your Total: 21
    Between 12 and 15 is average.
    Celebrities often score closer to 18.
    Narcissists score over 20.
    Because you scored 18 or higher, you may want to check out the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder.

It’s ok as it’s only my Internet persona. I’d have scored full marks in real life.

beefheart
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

coffeeking
    Free Member

hs125
    Free Member

retro83
    Free Member

I got 1 which is strange as I always thought I was rather a self-absorbed twunt.

Wifey scored highly on the ‘Exploitative’ score. No surprise there 😆

CheesybeanZ

13 ,almost normal

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I scored 11 being mediocre is where it’s at.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘How narcissistic are you?’ is closed to new replies.