Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • how much wine in a week ?
  • iainc

Chatting on a ride the other day, seems like its not uncommon to routinely consume 3 or 4 bottles a week. Seems a bit high to me, although I did scoff a whole rioja last night 😳

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yes it is high, and I’m trying to cut down. Still better than 3 or 4 bottles of single malt…

Problem is wine is bloody lovely, and Sainsburies are doing Montpierre reserve Fitou at a 5er a bottle, it would be rude not to.

Daffy

1 bottle per week between Mrs D and I.

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s not uncommon no, but half a bottle a day, every day, is a bit over the top yes.

30 odd units a week,every week, would be a bit of a concern if it was me.

But I probably used to double that at least, between 17 and 35 years old, so I’m not in a position to criticise really 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

We tended to do a bottle of wine and a couple of bottles of beer between us Friday and Saturday nights, now we have one bottle of wine a week – lightweights!

Don’t drink at all on school nights.

bhmartin
    Free Member

Half a bottle a day for me but at 2 euros a bottle of Rioja it should be good for me.

iainc

Most weekends I have 2 bottles over the 3 nights, and rarely beer or spirits, but I suspect I should reduce it a bit, at age 47

Tom-B
    Free Member

2 bottles over 3 nights is fine I’d guess….would it prolong/increase your life that much by stopping? I’d rather enjoy life with some responsible drinking than be sober and extend a boring existence!

I reckon that me and the wife probably drink 2 bottles of wine a week on average, maybe a little more….I’ll often split a bottle of red to myself over a couple of nights rather than beer. Neither of us ever really exceed the weekly guideline (at a guess) and neither of us ever binge/get pissed.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

None here.

Pretty much tea total unless I go out on the tiles then I get completely leathered and use the years unit allowance in one go.

ton

2 a week, usually saturday after beer, and sunday with evening meal.
    good red wine is like medicine, ask Solo or Idave……… 8)

singlecrack
    Free Member

I thought a bottle a night was the norm :0

PMK2060

1 bottle each for me and the missus on a Friday night.

We don’t drink lager/beer unless we go out which is not that often 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

*hic*
    Wahwasztheqestion?

Between 3 and 5 bottles a week. I almost never drink spirits though.

nickc

1-2 glasses a week, sometimes none for a few weeks though

edoverheels
    Free Member

Probably 10 pints and two or three bottles a week. Unless we go out of course.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

1 bottle a fortnight to myself…like right now

aracer
    Free Member

3 or 4 bottles a week? Clearly I’m not drinking enough.

Antonio Pinto won the London Marathon 3 times and was well known for drinking 4 bottles of wine a week.

ocrider

Flows like water down here in the Languedoc, so it’d be rude not to support the principal local industry.

2-3 bottles a week, sometimes more,like this weekend which we kicked off on Friday with a boozy lunch, sometimes less.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Good wine in moderation is one my main reasons for living!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think I might have had one glass of wine this year.
    Maybe 2-3 pints of home brewed beer a week instead, although I think one week I had 4 pints.

I prefer a nice cup of tea with a biscuit, to wine, personally. 🙂

iainc

OK, so it seems 3-4 bottles, or equivalent in beers isn’t that uncommom, maybe I’ll crack open another one !

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Two or three glasses a night, more if I’m thirsty.
    The way some of you are talking, anyone would think it isn’t good for you…

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

What a bunch of alcoholics 🙄

weare138
    Free Member

Me and the lady shared two bottles Tuesday, two Thursday and Friday and a boozy family dinner today. Trying to hide the evidence in the recycling bin! Our excuse is we’ve been decorating and painting all week :-/

tomaso
    Free Member

There was lots of wine and beer and cider and gin and rum in the house this morning and now there isn’t :mrgreen: Just think how much good I must be doing the environment with all the recycling I do…

I’ll be good tomorrow as going for a bike ride that ends at a brewery.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Yep, 3 bottles a week for me on average, plus the occasional beer. Can’t beat washing some nice food down with a decent wine.

footflaps

We must get through a few bottles a week between the two of us – maybe 2-3. Probably average a glass or two most evenings….

Kevevs
    Free Member

If you’re looking for a mean average to give you something to judge yourself on. Remember, the boozy lurkers and proper pisshead posters won’t tell ya! 😉 For a good moderate drinker, I look to my old man, never, ever drank more than 2-3 pints or 2/3 bottle of wine. Never seen him proper f**** up pissed. Held down ajob his whole life and raised a good family etc. But he drinks every night. works out about 35 units per week I think. It’s obviously something I’ve thought about!

samuri
    Free Member

Antonio Pinto won the London Marathon 3 times and was well known for drinking 4 bottles of wine a week.

Jacques Anquetil won the Tour de France 5 times and was renowned for being a seriously heavy drinker. He could neck a full bottle of scotch a night *during a classic tour*, would drink a crate (whatever that means) of wine on a night out out of race season.

Mind you, he did die of stomach cancer.

theboatman
    Free Member

3 to 4 bottles a week, and hopefully a few ales, if i’m on nights i reduce the wine and up the beer as i do love a breakfast ale before my snooze, and preferably with a cheeky single malt if i have some in. I do love being in booze, i’m happy to drink with friends and happy to drink alone, really i just love booze.

tlr

The bottle I’m drinking says its 10 units, so 4 bottles a week would be 40 units. That’s high for an individual but well under the recomended limits if shared between a couple.

I’d say we drink between 3 and 5 bottles a week between the 2 of us. Don’t really drink beer of spirits though.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

If weekly limit is 21 for men and 14 for women. Then 40 a week is just under for him and 6 units over for her…

Kevevs
    Free Member

it’s true. If you are ever worried, or think about your drinking at all, keep a diary of your units per day. you’d be surprised how easily it tots up.

DarrenH

We’ve started putting our empties in next door’s recycling bin 😐

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Remember, these “Recommended” intakes are conservative estimates guessed up by the medical profession. They have a vested interest in spoiling your fun. They don’t want anyone to die because it makes them look bad!

fivespot
    Free Member

I drink just enough to keep Mrs fivespot looking good 😆

oldboy
    Free Member

Remember, an alcoholic is someone who drinks more than his doctor!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘how much wine in a week ?’ is closed to new replies.