Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • How much will May lose her ‘meanigful’ vote by tomorrow ?
  • Poopscoop

Can it still be delayed?

singletrackmind

Lose by single figures due to abstainers and the lightbulb moment that the deal she was managed to pry out of the EU is the best there is ever going to be and a shitty deal is better than no deal. Like a station toilet when you are out of options. . .

P-Jay
    Free Member

Can it still be delayed?

Anything is possible, after-all, it’s a no-gamble game for May personally, all things being equal she’s gone by the next election, a short-lived PM who’s only going to be remember for this bit of a mess. Her only chance of a legacy (aka a seat in the Lords) or even a u-turn on her leaving is to ‘Deliver’ Brexit, she knows a no-deal will NEVER pass, so she’s fighting for her (political) life to get her deal.

P-Jay
    Free Member

“bit of a mess” ha ha, that’s not what I typed.

scruff9252

I’m conflicted. I am an ardent remainer, but this deal is better than a crash out deal which is widely regarded as a catastrophe & I am not sure I can see brexit being cancelled and us staying on as we were before the referendum.

It’s a shit situation but I think I have resigned myself to this deal being the least damaging to my future.

Even at that it is akin to offering to chop my left hand off ‘cos it’s not as good as my right hand when originally I voted & wanted to keep both my hands ‘cos they are quite useful thankyouverymuch!

136stu
    Free Member

“bit of a mess” ha ha, that’s not what I typed.

Was it “omni-shambles” or the other one?

Poopscoop

She’s heading back to Brussels tonight apparently.

Got to admire her lunacy…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got to admire her

Frequent flyer balance, going to come in handy when this job ends.

binners

One of the ERG fruit loops was on Radio 4 predicting an even bigger defeat than last time

Our countries politics is so totally unhinged at the moment, that wouldn’t actually surprise me in the least. Nothing does any more

vinnyeh

Beginning to worry that she’ll come back with something the party will kid themselves that it meets requirements, then it’ll be game over…

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m conflicted. I am an ardent remainer, but this deal is better than a crash out deal which is widely regarded as a catastrophe & I am not sure I can see brexit being cancelled and us staying on as we were before the referendum.

I’ve been through the emotions myself, but the remainers or ‘Brexit Saboteurs’ / Traitors and they’re sometimes called in the gutter press have a clear plan and goal in mind, unlike the more fractured Leavers from both sides.

May’s deal goes down in flames tomorrow, The vote to block ‘No deal’ passes with a huge majority tomorrow and Brexit is up a creak without a paddle, both exits are closed and the only way is back. They need an extension from the rest of the EU, which they will only give if there’s a meaningful reason, okay it’s a bit of a leap, but not much to think it’s going to be Ref2.

Ref2 will be Mays Deal v Remain, or for remainers, good v least worse, it’s by no means a given remain will win this time, but at least it’ll be based on the truth, not open ended promises. It’s just the millions that very rich people and other nations who would benefit from a weaker Europe and weaker UK that we have to worry about.

jam-bo

they will only give if there’s a meaningful reason, okay it’s a bit of a leap, but not much to think it’s going to be Ref2.

I’d vote for schengen and the euro at the moment, just to see the ERG and the daily mail explode in a fit of rage.

mickmcd
    Free Member

I reckon she’s borrowed that digeridoo from that Aussie/ NZ (apologies to either nation if he wasn’t yours)guy at the commonwealth gig across the road and is just going to blow that

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’d vote for schengen and the euro at the moment, just to see the ERG and the daily mail explode in a fit of rage.

This.

pondo

Same! 😀

Twodogs

The vote to block ‘No deal’ passes with a huge majority tomorrow and Brexit is up a creak without a paddle, both exits are closed

Exept they’re not…if she loses her deal, and no deal is rejected, and A50 extension is rejected we leave on 29/3 with no deal even tho Parliament rejected that.

singletrackmind

isn’t that some sort of rhetorical circular oxymoronic statement
    A.- Mays best effort gets rejected tomorrow ( probably )
    B.- Leaving the Economic Union without a deal is then also rejected ( even more likely )
    C.-The Article 50 extension to 29th March is then voted on and also rejected
    D.-So we then overturn ‘B’ by default as there was a law passed to set a date etc

I hate politics . Run by self progressing toffs who dont live in reality and have never had to work 2 jobs to pay the rent (boy)

P-Jay
    Free Member

Exept they’re not…if she loses her deal, and no deal is rejected, and A50 extension is rejected we leave on 29/3 with no deal even tho Parliament rejected that.

The scenarios I’ve read only offer ‘delay’ or ‘revoke’ as possible outcomes of a non-deal block, well unless May can polish up her deal for a 3rd go and somehow get it passed.

rone

It’s been said time and time again … But predictions of May gone by end of week in a couple of scenarios.

Anything is possible.

Twodogs

The scenarios I’ve read only offer ‘delay’ or ‘revoke’ as possible outcomes of a non-deal block,

No, because we leave at 23:00 on 29/3 as per article 50….if Parliament reject extension and revoke (which isn’t even being talked about…yet), we just stumble out, because we have to do SOMETHING.

kelvin

What’s the latest tomorrow’s question to be voted on can be announced? Midnight tonight? 10:30?

I wouldn’t put money on May voting for it at this rate… never mind on how many will vote against.

trumpton
    Free Member

it makes you wonder what all of the politicians were doing before brexit. She will lose, but an I am not sure by how much.

kelvin

it makes you wonder what all of the politicians were doing before brexit.

Name a politician and I’ll give it my best shot at telling you… Liam Fox for example (he’s on TV right now, pretending that he works for us) was working on getting better access to UK markets for USA companies. Look up “Atlantic Bridge”.

cookeaa

I can only see the other EU27 offering an extension if Ref2 is on the table. We’ve gotten all the deal we’re going to get, tweaks to the “political statement” are meaningless, Moggy and the ERG knows it… They’re busy plotting what comes after a hard Brexit.

The rest of Europe need Brexit to be a cautionary tale for any other countries with an anti-EU movement, and TBF we’re giving them it in handfuls; vote to leave the EU, trigger A50, your country will implode over the next 24 months… The cherry on the top would be a 2nd ref where we called the whole thing off.

I can honestly believe we’re going to be asked to vote on No deal Vs Remain and whatever the outcome of it we will emerge an even more deeply divided nation…

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I can honestly believe we’re going to be asked to vote on No deal Vs Remain and whatever the outcome of it we will emerge an even more deeply divided nation…

^^^ This ^^^

ajantom

It’s been said time and time again … But predictions of May gone by end of week in a couple of scenarios.

People have been predicting May’s demise for so long I’m almost willing to put a fiver on her still being PM in 2O years time.
    Long live our unsinkable leader. She’s like the politician version of a cockroach. But nastier.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d hope it would be that simple and not also a third option including the deal, a 3 option referendum would be a disaster. A no deal vs remain referendum would presumably result in remain and if so I think although there would be a right-wing media storm I think the country would recover from it pretty quickly, at least the economy would have some stability. If it ended in no deal then apart from people wondering how the majority of the country they live in are so stupid it would be accepted and we’d all be riding the roller-coaster together.

P-Jay
    Free Member

No, because we leave at 23:00 on 29/3 as per article 50….if Parliament reject extension and revoke (which isn’t even being talked about…yet), we just stumble out, because we have to do SOMETHING.

I don’t see it, if May’s deal gets shot down tonight, then tomorrow there’s a vote to block to any form of ‘Hard Brexit’ was designed exactly to stop the likes of the ERG from down voting any deal into a ‘stumble out’. It’s a proper ‘flags for orphans’ so it’ll pass. It might put the EU in a strange position, May might have to go back to them to ask for an extension knowing that unless things change, if they say no, then the UK has to revoke A50.

The press seems to be very busy asking if the likes of the ERG will accept the deal, but they’re a very minority group – they may well through their hands up and say okay, only to find the rest of parliament, who can sniff the chance to try for Ref2 or even revoke, might vote it down anyway.

The wildcard, as ever, if Corbyn the ‘Remainer’ who really wants to Leave, and leave hard.

P-Jay
    Free Member

@Twodogs

Actually you’re right, either I’ve got it wrong, or they’ve change their tune on the BBC.

Seems it’s a vote for May’s deal today.
    A Vote FOR no-deal tomorrow
    Finally a vote for an extension on Thursday.

It seems to me that Thursdays Extension is a bit of a moot one – if we don’t vote for No-Deal tomorrow (assuming May loses tonight) then the same numbers will also vote for an extension, but for 24-48 hours we will be as close to disaster as we’ve ever been.

It’s a real rollacoaster, as in it’s exciting, but terrifying all at the same time – still, we can change the colour of our passports, wow.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

So everyone seems to be suggesting a general election if the vote goes against TM tonight.

Not sure that really solves anything though. Can’t see Lab or Cons getting a big enough majority to force something through.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not sure that really solves anything though. Can’t see Lab or Cons getting a big enough majority to force something through.

It shakes things up a bit… might get a majority who are not labout or conservative or forced to work together. Any government or party we elect this spring will probably not last a year of Brexit

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No more bets please

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Her Majesty’s government is in a bit of a state…

boom

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Any winners or are we rolling over to next time?

Drac

Same time next month?

singletrackmind

Willard is the closest , only 4 out

thegeneralist
    Free Member

So is it just me that’s sort of slightly edging towards wanting a no deal? I’m an ardent europhile, but this whole thing is a **** mess, and the ABSOLUTE LAST thing I could stand is seeing the country going to shit and some vile lowlife scum Brexiteer saying it was due to the fact that we didn’t get a ‘proper Brexit’. I want nowhere for these scum to hide when it goes to shit. I want these basturds to stand up and be counted and to admit that they **** our country good and proper.

And if it takes Armageddon for that to happen then……

(Except we know that come what may, they won’t take responsibility)

Cougar

I think I’m going to close this now. It’s served its purpose and is now a parallel discussion to That Thread.

Viewing 38 posts - 121 through 158 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘How much will May lose her ‘meanigful’ vote by tomorrow ?’ is closed to new replies.