Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • how much will it cost to do five miles by cab in that there London ?
  • Raindog
    Free Member

I need to go from Euston to go whitechapel, is tube or taxi the best bet ? would rather avoid the tube as I can get claustrophobic….

meehaja
    Free Member

Walk?

MrSmith
    Free Member

there is a london taxi fare calculator that i use, it takes into account the traffic. you are going to have to do your own googling

alpin
    Free Member

it’s about 4 and a bit miles. from one side of the City to the other. walk it?

the centre of London is smaller than you think, imo.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Boris Bike?

Raindog
    Free Member

don’t have time, and will have too much to carry that far.

Raindog
    Free Member

don’t have time, and will have too much to carry that far.

popstar
    Free Member

Something between £7-£10 with black cab. Or if using Addison Lee £12.

popstar
    Free Member

Deff get black cab, as you pay what’s on meter. Minicabs would love to see all your bags and sting you with extras. If you particularly savvy use app Hailo for the sake of geekiness.

will
    Free Member

I got a taxi the other day from Farringdon to Oxford Street around 9pm on Friday night and it cost £12.60. That’s 2.7 miles btw.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I got a taxi the other day from Farringdon to Oxford Street around 9pm on Friday night and it cost £12.60. That’s 2.7 miles btw

Lazy!!! Not a long walk at all!

EDIT – about 1.5 miles Farringdon to Oxford circus on foot

simon_g

Something between £7-£10 with black cab. Or if using Addison Lee £12.

😆 in the 90s maybe. I’d budget at least double that.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/taxisandminicabs/taxis/1140.aspx

binners

Have you got your rascist remarks ready for a bit of banter 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

I got a taxi the other day from Farringdon to Oxford Street around 9pm on Friday night and it cost £12.60. That’s 2.7 miles btw.

last week farringdon to berkley square 12pm with crap traffic on beak st £20

popstar
    Free Member

If speed and time of importance, nothing beats black cab inside London.

Will, you happened to sit in traffic for very long time in that cab? Your journey shouldn’t be any longer than 10-15minutes.

will
    Free Member

piedi di formaggio – Member
    Lazy!!! Not a long walk at all!

EDIT – about 1.5 miles Farringdon to Oxford circus on foot

Sorry. Next time when i’m out with work i’ll remember to not get in a taxi with everybody and opt to walk 🙄

popstar – Member
    Will, you happened to sit in traffic for very long time in that cab? Your journey shouldn’t be any longer than 10-15minutes.

Possibly. If i’m honest I can’t remember as i’d had a few ales.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That’s quite alright, you’ll know for next time! 😉

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Addison Lee will do a prepaid booking, so you’ll know exactly what it’ll cost. You can do it on their website. Only issue is whether you have a moral problem with their CEOs stance on cyclists. I don’t know if any other minicab companies do the same thing? Black cab will definitely be a bit more expensive.

Tube is probably about a fiver? Or £2.50ish with an Oyster card. You can cross the road from Euston to Euston Square, then it’s straight down the H&C line, about 25 minutes.

Or if the claustrophobia is a problem then get the bus? Bus 205 goes from Euston to Whitechapel, takes about 45 minutes. Just remember to get a ticket before you get, or have exact change.

simon_g

Green Tomato are a great alternative to Addison Lee. All the same stuff, quote and prepay online ahead of time, texts to tell you the car’s on it’s way, driver and reg details, etc.

Drivers are normally better than AL, and they’re not run by a boorish idiot either.

mefty
    Free Member

From Euston Square you are on the district/met which is the least claustrophobic line – it is only just below ground and the carriages are bigger than deeper lines.

donald
    Free Member

Worst game of Mornington Crescent ever.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘how much will it cost to do five miles by cab in that there London ?’ is closed to new replies.