• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by nixie.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How much to refurbish alloy wheels?
  • oldtennisshoes

I’m looking for an extra set of wheels for winter tyres. There are plenty of kerbed sets around that I could get refurbished, but I have no idea how much it costs. Any recent experiences? Ta

benz
    Free Member

If only a straight refurb to normal painted ones, then place near us does a cracking (no pun…) job for £50 each.

colp

For acid dipped and powder coated near me it’s £250 I think

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was quoted £200 plus an amount per dent/kerbing. That was for some rostyle steel wheels.

tonyg2003

Just got four 19inch diamond cut Merc wheels refurbed before I sell them. £570 but that’s as expensive as it gets with diamond cut. Dent removal and painting for standard wheels would be about £250-300

Sandwich

£50 a wheel from our local chap for a powder coat finish.

nealglover
    Free Member

Depends where you are. CAS Coatings in Bradford do a brilliant job, I’ve had a few sets done there and they have always looked brand new when done.

Set of  4 x 18” Alloys sand blasted and Powder Coated (any colour)

£72.00.

Cheapest you will find I reckon. But do a brilliant job.

trail_rat
    Free Member

speak with coat tech of carnoustie.

equally i would buy some steelies for winter and run a higher profile narrower tire.

1 – less suceptable to pothole damage in winter – and if damaged not such a ballache to fix/replace

2 – tires are cheaper.

– Nokian WRD4 winters tires to fit the 16 inch alloys on the pug bus were 400 quid. – tires to fit the 15 inch steelies – even with the deeper profile although narrower Nokia WRD4s were 240 quid – even accounting for the 40 quid i paid off faceache for the rims still quids in 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Same here, had 4 alloys (18”) refurbed and powder coated for £200 the four.

oldtennisshoes

Thanks all. I’ll give coat tech a ring. 👍

fadda

Anyone got any recommendations for south east Wales/Bristol area?

nixie

Fadda, there is a place in Swindon that get lots of mentions on car forums. Lepsons I think its called.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How much to refurbish alloy wheels?’ is closed to new replies.