Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • How much to fill up with petrol?
  • m0rk
    Free Member

My F150 has a 138L tank. Not so bad in Canada, but it’s going to smart when I bring it to the UK next month.

On the plus side I can get 1300km out of a tank, so at least it’s infrequent

hodgynd
    Free Member

I never fill to the brim ..always top up in £30.00 multiples and just around the 1/2 tank mark ..why carry all of the dead weight to bring your average mpg down..?
    Most fuel is from Costco ..premium diesel(B7) which has been slowly creeping up in price since the turn of the year £1.26.9 currently ..my car ( A6 Allroad))has a 63l tank ..so it would cost around £80.00 from empty ….
    I also have an older ( 11plate) Insignia Sport Tourer ( 170bhp) diesel which is my daily commuter ..its average overall mpg is around 38..its been ( and still is ) a great car…

phil5556

So you visit the petrol station multiple times to avoid carrying around approximately 30kg. I bet that the extra weight is negligible, unless you’re in a tiny underpowered car.

hodgynd
    Free Member

It’s no real hardship calling in once every two days either before or after work as I’m passing ..wouldn’t know what the difference is in terms of mpg ..only that there is a difference ( according to both the R.A.C & AA..)

Daffy

simon_g

eGolf – about £1.60 on cheap overnight electricity to go 120 miles. Or about a fiver on a rapid charger for the same.

Really? eGolf has a 36kWh battery. £1.60 for 36kWh means your overnight tariff would be 4.4p/kWh? And how much extra do you pay on your normal tariff because of that? Also, rapid charge is usually about 30p/kwh unless its on a connected tariff like OVO. So closer to £10.

These things are only valid if you’re doing high miles.

2004 BMW330i Sport Touring – 63l, premium unleaded – £88 for 350 miles (this take 8-10 weeks)
    2017 BMW i3 REX – 94AH – £4.62 including the day rate for 130 miles.

Harry_the_Spider

Just put £75 in my SMax this morning. That will do me for 550 miles.

Jamze

‘The price of Ionity charging for BEVs has just been put up 500%. Yep, thats now 70p a KWhr… so more expensive than to fill up a Rolls Royce Cullinan.’

Guess it’s inevitable, they’ve already established how much people will pay, so eventually running an EV won’t be much different in costs to running an ICE?

What about home charging though? I wonder if new EV charging tariffs will come in? Or restrictions on what you can use off-peak tariffs for?

Norway horrified as new rates make EV charging prices higher than petrol

jaminb
    Free Member

My T5 is always over £110 last one was £117 and lasts about a month. Looking at other T5s consumption on here this can only mean you guys don’t know about running on fumes or I have a penchant for expensive diesel

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

£110 for Peugeot boxer for work. Will last 450ish miles but as a tradesman obviously my fuel is free and I shouldn’t be charging customers for it as part of their bill.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘How much to fill up with petrol?’ is closed to new replies.