How much to fill up with petrol?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • How much to fill up with petrol?
  • Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

If we are on fumes it costs £60 to fill up our Grand Cmaxerati.

The person before me at the pump had paid £92 for their petrol.

I got to wonder what sort of vehicle has a tank that takes £92 and what the is the most you can fit in a car/ van at a filling station.

Anyone done the Ton filling up?

Premier Icon stumpyjon
    Subscriber

On fumes around £67, diesel Volkswagen Touran.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

£75 or so in petrol mondeo.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

About £50 on fumes.

I got to wonder what sort of vehicle has a tank that takes £92

What were they driving?

A big SUV will have a huge tank.

Ro5ey

Nothing

Use my skateboard or pogo stick EVERYWHERE

In before a Tesla bore

GTDave

About £60 of petrol for the E200. 50l tank.

Previously, around £90 of diseasel on the old SMax. 70l tank.

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

Get very close to the £99 quid limit on a very empty Alhambra

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

Vans are usually >£100 from empty, need/want for 600+ mile range and rubbish mpg means they need it.

Premier Icon mattbee
    Subscriber

My Trafic takes nearly £100 worth of diesel to fill from the red light. 😭

P-Jay

At Motorway services or using some special snake oil diesel I could break the £90 barrier on mine.

It’s not an especially thirsty car, averages 50mpg on a decent run, it’s just got a big tank, so a 700+ mile range.

scotroutes

90 litre tank in my Trafic. I’ll let you do the maths 😊

Premier Icon Dickyboy
    Subscriber

Obviously it depends, went into peas pottage services the other day & it was £1.50 😯 normally around £1.30 per l

FunkyDunc

My BMW takes a max of £45, last approx 400 miles

P-Jay

Get very close to the £99 quid limit on a very empty Alhambra

They have got MASSIVE tanks haven’t they.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

€80 worth of 98 octane, bit cheaper for 95 if that’s all that’s available (works but not the preferred grade).

That’s the theoretical amount. I’ve put in €70+ a few times at the same price with the gauge toggling between 20 and 10 km left.  Current prices are also 40¢ /litre off the peak too.

Our X Trail is near the £100 mark if on fumes.

toby1

My mate had a 90’s 540 BMW tourer for a while. That would eat £100 at the petrol station and then it’d need a refill on the way back from wherever it had taken you!

My Golf takes just over £50 usually and last 2-3 weeks if I’m lucky/not using it too heavily.

mashr

I got to wonder what sort of vehicle has a tank that takes £92 and what the is the most you can fit in a car/ van at a filling station.

Thats just what I spend filling a Mondeo

trail_rat

post bus takes about 140 quid of diesel from empty.

it does north of 600 miles off that so rarely gets filled up due to the fact i rarely am doing 600 miles…..

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

The VW T5 regularly swallows over £100. Worst I had was a Land Rover Discovery TD5 the last time Deisel got up to £1.40 back around 2012. I got over £110 in that thing. Mind you my mate has long range tanks in his Defender, and while in Italy we got over 200 euros in that and still had to fill it again later the same day (towing a trailer back to the UK in one hit)

coppice

My Dispatch has an 80L tank so regularly does over £100 and about a 650 mile range

Premier Icon Ben_H
    Subscriber

Ditto for our VW T5 – an 80-litre tank means fills ups are close to £100, although it then goes on for ages.

TheBrick

£100 more or less but I get ~700 to the tank. Computer tells me 800 sometimes but it’s lying.

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

Yep, I remember the Discovery costing over a ton fumes to filler cap, especially when diesel was over 135p a litre. It had an impressive range though, especially at legal motorway speeds, useful for camping trips to France.
    HiLux costs about 70 quid to fill from the time the fuel light comes on.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

Just under £80 for the Saab, around £45 for the Nissan

Obviously it depends, went into peas pottage services the other day & it was £1.50 😯 normally around £1.30 per l

Is it just me or have motorway services filling stations got even more relatively expensive?

I’m sure they used to only charge a few p/l more than off the motorway, but now they seem to be 20p/l more at least. Does this mean people have got more lazy? You’d think with mpgs in the 50s being nothing special and most cars having at least 500 miles range there’d be no need for them. Maybe that’s the reason – they’re only there for the very desperate/lazy.

5lab

my old porsche had a 80l tank, you could get a bit more than that in if it was empty, so I had a couple of fill ups that topped £100

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

It does seem bonkers when you step back and think about it.

Bike parts; I’d spend weeks contemplating spending £100 on a waterproof top. Yet setting fire to £100 of hydrocarbons wouldn’t have raised an eyelid.

Since changing my work to something more local with less traveling I’ve suddenly got money in the bank at the end of the month! Not to mention the environmental impact of burning £100 of fuel!

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

I hit the £99 max spend cut off on my Peugeot Expert once at a pay-at-pump petrol station.

Coppice must drive his like he stole it, because that’d get about 850 miles worth. Current Transit Connect is about £70

£70 from the light coming on for my doblo luckly only have to do that every 3 or 4 weeks

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

I got to wonder what sort of vehicle has a tank that takes £92

the one you were looking at 🙂

Premier Icon Pik n Mix
    Subscriber

My little Panda 4×4 dependant on fuel prices never takes more than £38. It doesn’t need filling up very regularly though as I only get about 35mpg out of it.

Premier Icon Rich_s
    Subscriber

Pffft.

About 4 minutes in. 85 gallon fuel tank…

sharkbait

90L tank in my car.
    If I take the boat to fill it up for the summer, and fill the car at the same time, then I’m looking at a total of 450L!!

If there’s a silver lining it’s the a full tank in the boat usually lasts the summer and if I fill the car (very rare) it’s showing a range of nearly 800 miles which is not bad for a big car.

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

I never let my van go below halfway. Too scary to do a full fill 😳

phil5556

T5 close to £100 of diesel and 450ish Miles.

330D about £70 diesel and 450ish to 500 miles.

Polo GTI about £50 petrol and 320ish.

Just from vague memory, I don’t pay that much attention tbh.

The Polo is going soon though and being replaced by an i3 which I won’t have to put fuel in and will become the main commuter vehicle for us.

Premier Icon Jamze
    Subscriber

Almost 100-litre tank in the old Range Rover. So around £130 to brim it. I assume the weight of the fuel is less of a factor when the car itself is so heavy, so they stick a large tank in.

Hob Nob

80 odd quid in a Skoda Superb diesel.

If I drive sensibly it will do 750 miles between full ups though. Thankfully it’s only once or twice a month I have to do it!

My Focus ST170 can nudge £60 if using 98/99 RON, my wife’s Discovery Sport maxes out around £55. Surprisingly small tank on the Land Rover.

When fuel cost a bit more the old Kuga could get up to about £75.

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

T5 close to £100 of diesel and 450ish Miles.

Bloody hell, that’s about 26.5mpg! That’s shocking.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.