Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • How much 'stuff' have you got just sat around doing nowt?
  • stevenc
    Free Member

Have enough parts to build a mid spec 140mm bike, but not the right parts. Sram shifters, shimano mechs and the like.

_tom_
    Free Member

At the minute i have one set of wheels between 2 bikes so whenever i have one built up i have the majority of another bike sat around doing nothing.

myheadsashed

Enough to build 6 or so bikes 😳

8 built bikes in the house……. 😳

hofnar
    Free Member

In Belgium

I have a recumbent that has been ridden 10 times no dangling from parents shed roof since a couple of years.

Track bike last been out for a guest appearance at Gent SIx days 5 years ago I guess.

Cyclo cross bike been out twice in 5 years only recently got new tubby after blowout in 2006 on rear wheel.

Got an old school Colango with with sentimental value.

With me

Bought a spare roadie for visitors half a year ago not been ridden yet.

Some parts: brakes hubs forks rims tires waiting for a fabike frame

Three sets of carbon road wheels not ridden for at least a year will try and take a set out tomorrow.

Got a spare roadie left in South Africa at a mate’s not been there since june.

hofnar
    Free Member

Add a badly dented MTB frame

Various wheelsets says 6 or so in various state of ridability.

Just rembered the box I saw yesterday in my barn with a carbon road bike with cracked seat tube waiting for a new frame for parts transfer.
    Believe there is two cheappish guest MTB standing with it.

Many tires offcourse 20 sets probably.

Must say have been building a new man cave/ bike shed the last weeks and plan to sort some stuff out and bring it over to down here.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not a lot, not a lot at all.

I’m a bit of a clutter hater so it’s normally 1 in 1 out, if I change stuff I either give the old stuff away or it’s in the skip.

Soooo… the only stuff I have are 3 spare new tubes for the lefty, 4 tubes for the 29er, 3 sets of GP4000’s for my roadie and winter hack, a couple of chains and that’s about it.

Oh, a few various spokes.. just in case.

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

Dibbs fancy parting with the sc32s ?

bruneep

Hanging in garage: Cove Hustler frame ( new powder coating ), fox float 140mm, hope brakes, Hope/Stan flow wheelset . Just needs groupset, should split it and sell on as I’ve done without it for so long I doubt I’ll ride it now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lots more than most
    Bars
    Stems
    2 frames [ Rock lobstr and intense spider
    Jope brake set
    Spare X0 mech
    Spare SLX cranks and rings
    Spare pedals
    About 4 pairs of tyres
    Hope XC hubs
    Can i stop listing yet?
    Fox Forks
    Spare rims x 2 [ not matching each the ror any of my wheels 🙄

4 x front mechs I mean HTF did that happen?
    XT rear mech

Might do a sale soon I cannot believe i have all that and that is just from memory
    oh I have another frame as well I just remembered

bruneep

oh yes and a rear hope xc ti hub, hmm time for a clearout.

garage-dweller

Less than I did have but I’m up one bike compared to a month ago without buying much stuff, which will tell you what was there before.

Got a nice pair of hubs waiting for some rims but that’s about it and they’ve been waiting so long that I’ve forgotten what they are. Will have some mono m4’s to try and turn back into properly working brakes when my cheap shimano ones arrive tomorrow.

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

2007 Santa Cruz Blur LT frame
    2005 Marin Mount Vision frame
    2005 Shimano XT group set, 9spd shifter broken
    Pair of Hope M4 brakes and rotors
    Thomson Elite 100mm stem
    2 x Hope aheadsets
    Easton carbon low-rise bars
    Various mechs, grips, cassettes, chains and general caggage…

… and a massive Art Deco mirror in the garage ‘cos I don’t have a wall big enough to hang it on!

hairyscary

A year ago I had enough bits to build a bike for my dad to tootle around on…….Marin rocky ridge, magura thors, xc717 on pro ll, Thomson etc.

Still got a lot of stuff and tons of spares/repairs stuff.

The best bit I have lying around is a set of Coda Magic Mountain cranks that I cannot force myself to sell.

titaniumlover
    Free Member

more stuff than i care to mention… but currently 5 sets of random spare cranksets i think is too many… i think a spring clean is on the cards!

neninja
    Free Member

A few road bike bits which I really need to clear out –
    Bontrager Racelite 9sp chainset – nearly new
    Truvativ Elita 9sp chainset – new unused
    Ultegra 9sp shifters
    Ultegra 9sp rear mech
    105 triple front mech
    KCNC wing handlebars
    Mavic Cosmos wheels
    Several stems, seat post clamps etc
    A few cassettes road and mtb
    XT M770 9sp triple chainset
    XT M770 9sp SGS rear mech
    XT conventional front triple mech
    XTR M970 shifters
    XT 11-32 sp cassette plus 2 KMC X9L gold chains

That’s what I can remember – must have a proper look

andyl
    Free Member

I seem to have amassed a fair bit in the last2 years since really getting into biking and doing my own changes. From what I can think of quickly:

Merlin Malt 2 frame* – 15″ with headset and seat clamp – pretty much perfect condition but sadly a bit too small for me.
    Raceface Evolve XC stem, bars and seatpost from the Merlin*
    Seat clamps: Green Hope 31.8mm* (bolt) and black Hope 31.8mm (QR)
    SS bits: Sprung chain tensioner, wide base 16T, 2x 18T (new), On One 32T stainless, Salsa 32T alloy and a KMC SS chain.
    Forks: Kinesis alloy*, On One 26er carbon*, cromoly rigid forks* (400-420mm)
    Tyres: 2x Nokian Gazzalodi 2.3 tyres* (new), 1x Kenda Nevegal DTC – used once, pair of 26″ semi slicks, 2x Panaracer fire XC pro (2.1)
    Rotors: 160 & 180mm CL XTR, 160 & 180mm XT 6 bolt, 2x 160mm alligator, 160mm deore rotor* (new) 180mm tektro rotor* (new)
    Deore disc brakes with spare pads
    2x 55mm Easton haven stems* (new – one to go on current bike, other to be sold ASAP)
    70mm SS Zephir stem*
    Easton Havoc carbon bars (new – will go onto current bike eventually)
    2x random 27.2mm posts
    Random 690mm low riser bars, Spare ODI rogue grips, Tioga alloy bar ends, Lidl ergo grips with bar ends
    well used WTB Rocket V saddle
    Revelation O-ring kit
    Selection of new gear cable stuff
    Pint bottle of Stans sealant (new)
    2x KMC 9 speed chains (new)
    XT chainrings (just picked them up this week)
    Hope Pro2/Mavic 317 front wheel

And then I have a 29er waiting to be built with:
    Scandal frame, LX drivetrain, SLX cassette, LX brakes with 160&180mm rotors, Maxxis Beaver tyres, On One wheels, cromoly rigid forks & X-lite carbon flat bars

I think that is it! A lot more than I thought but the 29er will be built when I get time and some 29er inner tubes or valves to go tubless and some of the expensive bits are supposed to be going on my current bike when I get round to it.

The Merlin frame really needs to go to a new home as it’s a fantastic bike but just too small for me. * by other stuff I need to get round to selling.

I have just cleared out a lot of bits building a bike up for a friend too.

nick3216
    Free Member

My 14 year old Spot.

footflaps

I keep rebuilding / upgrading my bike fleet and have loads of bits just collecting dust inc a couple of almost complete bikes. I’m also a classified bargain addict, but loads of stuff I never use, loose it in the house, find it again years later and then re-sell it on classified / Ebay.

Anyone want a F100X fork in great nick, or a Cannondale F4 HT frame / complete bike – let me know….

tomhoward

Toasty – Member
    Wait, we have a bike cupboard? Because I’m fairly certain the Meta frame and forks are in the living room…
    Bah, whatever. You call it the “living room”, I call it the “bike cupboard”.
    POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

😆 your ‘living room’ has the same alter ego as my ‘flat’…

I’m about £30 odd worth of little odds and sods (mounts, bolts, grips etc) off a full bike, can’t decide if I can be arsed to build it or sell the bits (anyone want an orange hitman/shiver sc? Would aid my decision! [\shameless plug])

avdave2

A 1998 Marin East Peak
    A 1988 Roberts White Spider frame
    The cantilever brakes and front wheel from a 1986 Rockhopper.

tonyg2003

Too much – shouldn’t have started a list.

2007 ClockWork Orange 2007 frame complete with white Rebas 120’s
    Fox Float RLT 140 with usual worn stantion
    Ridely Excalibur road frame +Ksyrium ES (awaiting groupset on order)
    New SLX disc brake set
    Unused complete Slot Inbred with Alfine hub
    2 complete XT/LX pairs of wheels, plus some spare front/rear
    old mechs / casettes
    old Marzzochi Z2
    Loads of tyres
    Some saddles
    a bunch of Campag road chainsets
    some old 8sp Campag Record

I need a clear out!

elzorillo
    Free Member

Bikes.. windsurf gear.. kitesurf gear.. mountainboards.. boats.. motorbike.. I have man toys galore and all top of the range stuff.. yet apart from the bike, most of the other stuff is rarely used if at all.

filks

Pair of Rockshox Judy XC
    Deore 9 speed shifters from 2000
    Pair WTB tyres
    Michelin XC tyre
    Set of XT cartridges for early ’90s cantis

Generally have sold my stuff when replaced it to generate more cash for the next upgrade…
    No space and 3 kids so just the one bike mind

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahh yes me too, I guess if you include all my windsurfing, kitesurfing, paddleboarding, surfing, sailing stuff then yup.. I do have a lot of stuff..

PJM1974
    Free Member

My 2009 Marin Wolf Ridge, my 2004 Spesh Enduro, an Orange Pure 7 on Pikes and all with Hope hubs and Mavic wheels…a Magura Wotan for spares or repair, a front Shimano Deore disc brake, a couple of pairs of Avid Juicy 3s, several saddles, a pair of Nevegals, a High Roller, a Minion, Panaracer Cinder and Fire XCs, Continental Verts, four no-name cheapie wire beaded tyres, an x7 mech and shifters and a brace of knackered inner tubes.

The three bikes are up on the blocks because I’m recovering from shoulder surgery and there’s no biking on doctor’s orders, but the rest of it is destined to be built up into the kids’ bikes.

footflaps

Well this thread just prompted me to put some stuff in the classifieds again and I’ve just sold a few more bits 🙂 Just got half a shed and several crates to go….

sparkyrhino

1 baldy bonty tyre and a rusty can of 3in1 oil.
    I am a poor lost soul….

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Timely thread – just had an accounting of my bike cupboard in advance of a new frame arriving to build up, currently have:

1x cube ltd race frame (second hand, impulse ebay buy)
    1 set of cheap (specialized hubs, alex 17 rims) wheels
    9 assorted folding tyres (largely unused)
    1 x almost new time clipless pedals
    2 x KMC 9 speed chains bought when cheap on CRC
    Full set of Gore Ride-ons i’m too lazy to fit
    Full set of Transfil Nox-snake cables bought cheap, as above
    Integrated headset (intended for cube)
    Ragley spike seatpost
    1 x SLX front dérailleur
    1 x set SLX shifters

and left over from upgrades/bikes past/scavenged spares and kept ‘just in case’:

2 x generic mtb flatties
    2 x 9 speed cassettes (lightly worn)
    1 x set alvio shifters
    1 x slightly crash mangled alvio rear dérailleur
    1 x scuffed truvativ isoflow cranks
    2 x generic handlebars
    1 x generic seatpost
    1 x cheap specialized saddle
    1 x cheap WTB saddle

Also an ‘adults store’ worth of lubes I seem to have picked up at various times, really should run them down before buying more.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Almost literally a shed-load.

hofnar
    Free Member

This post is cursed so I broke the gear lever on my road bike. Ended up cycling home up the mountain single speed set up the visitors bike and continued the ride. Feel wasn’t all there so build up the cracked carbon bike in some box and got some carbon wheels from the dust to do todays club ride.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Got a jaun solo with speed hub that I’ve not ridden in a few years.
    Keep thinking must eBay but one day I might regret it.

MrOvershoot

Oh not much 😉

footflaps

Only 8 bikes?! I think we have something like 18 in this household, although I’m trying to get rid of quite a few of them right now…

monkeyboy
    Free Member

Can anyone help me out with getting my bike on road with having a spair juicy 3 top cap available for reservoir, about 2008 year, it has straight edge to reservoir not curved.Or any compatible lever, i want to avoid getting a new break system when most of it is fine, cash your way if you can help, ba humbug

headpotdog
    Free Member

Haven’t got anything like that much stuff, but I have got an old Proflex frame with Pace RC36 forks on it that I don’t know what to do with. Any ideas? Sell it or bin it???
    [/url]
    My old Proflex by J, on Flickr[/img]

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I last years clear out I got rid of two bikes (24 Slacker, Alfine commuter) and a frame (Crush) I still had enough bits lying round to build an HT for my GF and about 80% of a frankendirtjumper (Dr Jeckyll, 24″ Halo wheels, RST Mzo pros).

Surplus at the minute are an medium SX trail frame (had to get a bigger size) a brand new set of ruktion cranks with new BB (thought they had granny ring tabs) a big box of cheap seatposts I bought at auction years ago, and a 2.7″ high roller.

Oh and I just bought a patriot to part out…

Hope I don’t have to move house soon.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘How much 'stuff' have you got just sat around doing nowt?’ is closed to new replies.