• This topic has 65 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • How much sleep do you personally require?
  • KonaTC

Usually get by on 6-7 hours a night, but every so often my body gives up and I sleep for over 12 hours, bit of a pain especially on a work day!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

6+ on a school night.

10 – 12 on a Saturday/ Sunday.

DrJ

I need more than I got last night, that's for sure! Struggling to stay awake at my desk after 4 hrs sleep.

DrJ

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I could go to bed at any time of the evening and sleep, except when having a bout of insomnia. Either way I can sleep until about 11am. But I function OK on about 7 hours.

One of the joys of winter camping is getting lots of restful sleep during long nights.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I work shifts including early starts and late finishes so my sleep patterns are all over the place.

After a late shift I can't just go to bed – have to stay up and mooch about.

Some days I skip by on 4-5 hours. Then I hit The Wall and have to gorge myself with a 10 hour snore-a-thon on a day off.

Feels like the only time I get proper refreshing high octane sleep is in the latter part of a lie-in on a day off.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

anything less than 7-8 hours and i'm useless the next day

ex-pat
    Free Member

As a slight aside, the other half went away to Borneo some years back, so six weeks on my own. Strange thing was that I started to phase shift my day, getting an hour later a week. Obviously after a few weeks it all started to get a bit odd and I would have to force myself to reset.
    Was very odd.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

6 is plenty for me, but I like more when time allows 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

if I did not cycle 6-7 hours a night with lots of cycling 8-9 hours a night sometimes more. Thing is exercise is tiring.

CaptJon
    Free Member

"Margaret Thatcher famously only had 4 hours sleep a night."
    "Yeah, but she dismantled the nation state."

samuri
    Free Member

Lucky buggers.

If I get 4 hours I grant myself lucky. I need more but that's all I get, if I'm lucky. The worst is just not. Go to bed, doze off, wake up half an hour later, bingo. Up all night. This week has been particularly poor for some reason. I reckon I've slept a total of about 18 hours this week. I feel like shit. If tonight is the same then I'm in for a funny one tomorrow, although this is the worst, getting some sleep is worse than getting none at all because if I just don;t sleep for three days, I'll pass out on day 4, but not before seeing some pretty astounding things.

1981miked
    Free Member

I work at stupid o'clock in the morning.Start time vary from 12am – 06.30, as long as i get 4 hours im ok, as i usually get a cheeky 40 winks in during the day on a break. Friday nights are a mare, im usually up for work at 3am, work all day, Ice Hockey training( not tonight as its the off season) at 22.30pm – 00.15am, home and bedded for 1.15am then up again at 3am for work… Grrr im a real man…and very tired most Saturday's! I usually catch an hour before heading out at night.

Takes a bit to get used to it, but i do get finished for 1pm ish if im on earlies so not all bad. Plus i quite like my job.

Dancake
    Free Member

When I am on nights, I get about 4hrs during the day and hopefully get a nap before the next shift. Lates like today is cool…bed a 1.00am and up at 8-9 depending on little dude. On earlies I can go up at 9.00pm and get up at 5.30

Nights is a killer, but catch up on the others.

NB Used to sleep all day on nights but cant seem to do it any more 🙁

Kevevs
    Free Member

I can drag myself through any old shit on 4 hrs sleep. 6 hrs sleep I'm good to go and fresh and can do loads inc 40 mile bike rides. 8 hrs I am on optimal performance (I never get 8 hrs).

For reference: I went through a long phase of not sleeping much at all.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I quite like the night, as it's cooler and quieter. The fact that most people are asleep means greater solitude.

Kevevs
    Free Member

agreed. unfortunately, most of us gotta get up to work. anyway, the night belongs to lovers, and they are shaggin, or asleep. generally NOT posting on STW. you do sleep eh elfin?

monksie_
    Free Member

I normally do very nicely on 8 hours per night but a new consultant psychie and a change in perscription is wrecking havoc. I woke up at 3;15 am on Thursday and I've not had a minutes sleep since – it's now 4;00 am on Saturday. I'm very bored.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

er about 4 hours tonight.

I've never really slept a lot. Anything from 4 to 7 hours is very normal for me

Kit
    Free Member

4hrs

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

you do sleep eh elfin?

No.

I wait…

yunki
    Free Member

I think 15 or 16 hours per night would be optimum for me..
    Giving the very sustainable and fortifying ratio of 16 hours sleep.. 8 hours in the pub.. repeat

I thrive on about 10 per night but am happy enough with 6

gordimhor

1/2 an hour more ….no matter how long I have been asleep I could do with 1/2 an hour more

tonyd

In my 20s I was a holiday rep and got by on 3-4 hours of drunken sleep per night, with the odd 30 min power nap when ever I could. These days it would kill me.

Now I probably get about 6 hours if I'm lucky – have a young son who likes to wake early (anytime from 5am onwards). I can function on that but it doesn't take much to knock me out. I reckon 7-8 hours is a good amount for me.

Number 2 is on the way so I reckon by about 2013 I might be back to a decent nights sleep!

KonaTC

Could have done with an extra hour this morning !

Kuco

Haven't had no sleep since getting up at 6:00am yesterday. Though i'm tired i'm not sleepy.

But normally get away with 5-6 hours.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘How much sleep do you personally require?’ is closed to new replies.