Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • How much of my chainset can I use?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Picked up an old boardman with quite a bit wrong with it dirt cheap for my Cannondale Bad habit hybrid build.

The drivetrain is SRAM Rival 2×10 with GXP 10 speed shifters. Was going to get rid of the 2x and go 1×10. Would the 10 speed shifter work on a MTB 10 speed cassette? Are there any N/W chainrings that would fit the rival cranks?

It/s also got a SRAM Apex 10 speed rear mech, which I’m assuming won’t be of any use?

Could I just whack a N/W on the cranks and crack on with the little road cassette?

Cheers.

cp

Assume you mean gx shifters?

The nice thing with SRAM 10 speed is that road and MTB 10 speed bits are interchangeable. Also, the apex rear mechs are wide-range… They certainly work with mtb 10 speed 11-32 cassette, not sure if you want to go bigger on the cassette?

The rival cranks are likely to have a 110 BCD, so any narrow wide ring with that BCD will fit. Superstar were knocking out the last of their io rings cheap recently, and they’ve currently got 20(?) % off their UK made stuff I think.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

That’s great mate cheers. Just need a cassette and a NW ring, new forks and I’m good to go!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How much of my chainset can I use?’ is closed to new replies.