Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How much is my bike worth ?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

I know these types of threads arn’t in the nature of the forum so sorry if this is annoying anyone but im debating whether to sell my hardtail. Its a 2009 Trek 6300 hardtail which ive upgraded slowly.
    Ive upgraded to FSA xc bars,bontrager race stem, Bontrager race grips, red hope spacers and qr seat clamp, fsa seat post, bontrager race seat, continental mountain king tyres and DMR V8’S. Anybody got any ideas on what they think its worth / would pay ?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

What do they cost new?

Rosss
    Free Member

The 2011 retails at £950

GJP
    Free Member

IMO your bike has some nice touches and looks very nice almost unused, but the upgrades you have made (perhaps bar the tyres) are all cosmetic – may have saved a couple of hundred grams in weight, but overall the weight will be compromised by the forks and wheels.

My guess would be £300, which I expect is less than you thought. Personally I would aim quite a bit higher. Remember you only need one serious buyer, not half a dozen wanting to bite you arm off.

Size may also be a factor, what is it a 17.5in, if so that probably goes in your favour.

Edit. Have to admit, I didn’t realise they were now £950 new. So £300 does seem very low and you should be able to do a lot better than that.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

£350?

amplebrew

Just had a quick look on Ebay and one sold on there for £425.

Ebay link

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

£500 perhaps. It looks the part so may attract some attention on ebay.

If i was looking for one of them i’d pay about that for a mint second hander as there’s no way i’d pay £950 for an ally framed hardtail with that kit and fork.

As above, at least it’s the right size to sell not a 21″er for giants only.

uplink
    Free Member

I concur with £350 ish – on a good day maybe £400+

Rosss
    Free Member

Yeah its a 18.5 and was my first bike so major upgrades just werent possible as i just didnt have the money. Now after saving some money and getting a paper round ive nearly built up my dream pitch build.Im in two minds whether to keep it upgrade wheels and forks to use for xc blasts and commuting or to sell it buy the last touches for my pitch. For £500 i’d sell but £300 ish appears to be the norm.

curlie467
    Free Member

Looking on the net, they were about £650 when new so iwould say more around the £300-£350 mark, not £500!

warton
    Free Member

You do know there’s a rabbit in your house don’t you?

seosamh77
    Free Member

has that bike ever been ridden? always amazes me how shiny and chip free alot of bike pictures are on this and other forums!

thedyslexic1
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    has that bike ever been ridden?

that bike must of never been rode or even transported as mt 2 month old spicy has more marks then that and it is wrapped up in heli tape and neo guards!!!!!!! an if i was after one £350 but if is it in the condition that it looks in the pic £400 could be a bit of a bargain 😆

Rosss
    Free Member

Yeah this was taken after 7 months use on the dog and monkey it just had a good clean up and polish. The tyres are new in this mind ! It just seems a shame to sell it for £300 when ive looked after it so well

loddrik
    Free Member

I’d say £350-375 on eBay. Maybe less on here.

rickon
    Free Member

“It just seems a shame to sell it for £300 when ive looked after it so well”

The problem you have, is that if it’s 7 months old – with some use, it may need a new drivetrain soon, bearings may need replacing soon’ish (bb, headset, wheels), plus pads.

Then… you have the lack of warranty – so if frame cracks the buyer could be in trouble.

I’d have thought the dart forks are elastamer and dont really need servicing.

Problem is, bikes need servicing in general – a new bike doesn’t (or shouldn’t).

Real shame though, cause even though it appears mint, no one will pay mint prices for it based on the possible scenarios above.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How much is my bike worth ?’ is closed to new replies.