How much is a 2012 On One Scandal 29er Worth

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • How much is a 2012 On One Scandal 29er Worth
  • Hello All

I’m considering flogging my Scandal 29er. 2012 model with Reba forks, Deore 1×10 groupset, on one wheels and rsp plummet dropper. Any idea what would be a sensible price? It’s got obvious signs of use along with 2 really irritating little dents on the top tube from when it fell over in my van. It’s never been crashed though. Prob paid about £1200 to build it back then.

Any sensible advice gratefully received, not definitely going to sell, just testing the waters as it were…

damascus

8 years old and with dents on. Probably around £200 to £300 if you are lucky depending on condition.

The new Scandal is coming out this year so that reduces the value as there is no reason to buy an old one when a new one with warranty and updated geometry and spec will be around £150-200 for a frame.

I would probably just keep it. Perhaps just update the frame at a later point

DrP

keep the frame.. literally ANYONE who sold a scandal frame (29er Mk2 mainly) instantly regrets it!!

At one point I had 2 frames! Sold one..kept one.. it’s just hanging in the garage!

DrP

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

I’m a seller regretter. Have since refilled the gap.

Keep it.

DrP

See 🙂

DrP

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber

I too am a regrettable seller. Keep it, brilliant frame.

Been a few of late in the classifieds, all silly cheap, £300-400.

Would have got one of those but as damascus points out, some new OO frames due in the summer so holding out.

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

keep the frame.. literally ANYONE who sold a scandal frame (29er Mk2 mainly) instantly regrets it!!

this. Don’t do it.

I’ve still got a small hoard of various dropouts for when I manage to get hold of another frame.

The dents will, unfortunately, put a lot of people off.

dlr

Took mine to the tip as it was in 2 parts…

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

Keep the Scandal. The frame isn’t worth much in £sd, but its usability value is high.

Just put your parts on a new frame and hang up the Scandal.

You’ll find plenty uses for it.

My Scandal gets re-invented every few years, it makes a brilliant bike for gravel and rough roads.

thomthumb

Love my scandal. 2009 29er SS edition. rode it last night; it’s old school now but it still rips along.

Would love something as light and as responsive but just a little longer, possible slacker… but i’m not really looking…

DrP

it’s unanimous!!

I replaced teh scandal (pennies) with a Ti Travers Angus (£££)… pound for pound, I still stand by the Scandal as being the best frame out there!

DrP

damascus

XL Scandal in racing Green with rigid fork. My first test of a 29er possibly 10 years ago. Sold it to finance a full suspension 29er. I too regret selling it.

Looking forward to trying the new remake by brant. We just need a date! Come on brant, give us a clue.

DanW

There won’t be much SH value. I ended up giving my frame away to someone on the forum just to see it used….

Another regretter here 🙁

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

My Scandal gets re-invented every few years, it makes a brilliant bike for gravel and rough roads.

This is so true…last year my v2 29er was 1.75″ tyres, flat bar/bar ends and rigid fork but this year its back to 120 fork, dropper and 2.35″ tyres , so versatile 👍

Owned from new and can’t believe frame was £219 iirc…must be 7 years old now 🤔

Premier Icon 2unfit2ride
    Subscriber

I still have an original scandium frame that I bought off here 10 years ago, it’s not going anywhere as it’s not worth anything & I love it, haven’t ridden it in a while but built up 10 speed & rigid & just hangs in the garage. I occasionally I steal the nice the bits off it & build up the Singular Pegasus but I prefer the OO to ride although the Pegasus looks prettier even after the repair & that now hangs on my office wall 😉

IMG_0301<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

(Ti bike in that pic is a Pipedream & not the Pegasus)

Premier Icon captain_bastard
    Subscriber

29er rigid here, built it up to dip a toe into bigger wheels. Loved it, so sold on 29er’s I sold it on to fund a more expensive 29er

Yup another regretter

Premier Icon winston
    Subscriber

Yep, On One habitually (well in the old days) designed good frames then inexplicably made them from scaffolding and drainpipes.
    Inbred,Pompino etc. They were cheap though.

The Scandal was a rare instance when they made a good frame out of good materials and for a good price.

Deffo keep it.

Ok! Ok!! I’m gonna keep it! I’m moving to a flat part of France with miles of gravelly roads, I’m seeing a monstercrossy build coming on…

Thanks btw for all the responses. I don’t ride it very often but every time I get it out I do that “bloody hell this is actually very light” thing that you only do with certain bikes. Plus we’ve been through so much together.

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

aidenbradley

…bloody hell this is actually very light…

It’s the lightest metal 29er frame I’ve weighed.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.