Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • How much gin have you drunk in lockdown?
  • ajantom

2 1/2 bottles here (2 X 70cl and half a 1l)
    Not too much, but more than we (mostly I) would normally have drunk in that time.

Wine is running at about 2-3 bottles a week.

Beer, hardly any. Though I drank a load if cider the other weekend.

136stu
    Free Member

Have a word with yourself, you’re not even trying.

ajantom

I know, I feel like I’ve let you all down ☹️🥂

TiRed

Consumption was a gallon per person! Mainly craft beer and the occasional G&T (has some cans of ready made). The Hendricks is still half full.

Drac

2 1/2 bottles on 12 weeks did it evaporate?

Somewhere around 6 bottles of gin, umpteen bottles of prosecco, good few beers and wine. Not bad considering I’ve been working extra shifts and reduced my drinking.

tomhoward

Nothing so far this year.

TBF I hate gin, always have, but I haven’t had any other alcohol this year either.

Not missed it.

ajantom

I have just found an unopened bottle of Absinthe at the back of the drinks cupboard…..

…..should I? 🤨

iainc

I have been ordering loads of nice Scottish ones online and currently have I think 8 or 9 open bottles. The benefit being I really don’t know how much of it I drink, as new ones keep arriving 😜

MoreCashThanDash

None.

One can or bottle of beer a week.

I’m very tempted to have another just now though

clubby

50ml.

@tomhoward
    , I used to think I didn’t like gin. Turns out it’s the tonic I can’t stand.

tomhoward

Turns out it’s the tonic I can’t stand.

I don’t discriminate. I despise both in equal measure.

jsync

All of it

lunge

Gin/spirits – a solitary Negroni that I made Friday night.
    Wine – 2 bottles. But I’ve bought loads for some reason, I’ll finish lockdown with loads more than I started with.
    Beer – 6 or 7 pints per week, delivered from my local brewery.

Tracey

As above I seem to be having more delivered than what I’m drinking so not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.
    When we were getting out and about in the camper I always seemed to buy a local brew.🍸😉

PiknMix
    Free Member

I used to love gin, Boe violet, Hedgerow and Strathearn mostly. I spent quite some time finding the right tonic and garnish, then one day (December 13th 2019) I just fell out of love with drinking. I haven’t had a drop since and don’t expect to start again anytime in the future.

Cool story I know, but I’m shocked with how much some of my friends and family have tucked away during this lockdown.

69er_Gav
    Free Member

Working in gin production means i’m as enthralled with it as i was before lockdown. More craft beer and wine though for sure

tjagain

One and a bit litres between two of us
    A few beers

ifra
    Free Member

Only one bottle of gin so far but copious amounts of Thatcher’s cider and Sol lager for some reason. Of anyone wants to try a new gin just search Wicked wolf it is amazing, distilled just on the edge of Exmoor. Probably the nicest gin ever 👍😁

davosaurusrex

Not as much as I’d have liked, kept running out.

CountZero

None. Not a gin drinker.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

None.

Rum, however…

db

Pretty sure we are getting through 1ltr of Bombay a week right now. Supplemented with some black currant stuff when we get desperate.

airvent
    Free Member

None.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

It happened around my birthday so 1.5 bottles of Scotch in the first ten days then nothing since except bottle of Shipyard IPA last night. Which was nice. Wish there was another…

RobHilton
    Free Member

Gin: none

White Russians: Dude levels

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Not a drop of anything alcoholic since Feb, until that point I’d slowly been working my way through a 1l bottle of salted caramel Irish cream, given to me at Xmas.

theboatman
    Free Member

I couldn’t say personally, I have purchased about 9 bottles since this all began. But I’m currently bunking with a neighbour/ policeman alongside my middle daughter. So this has been shared between us and several appropriately distanced neighbour’s.
    I have blown over £400 in whisky, quality rather than quantity and my policeman housemate has probably spaffed the same amount. We have smashed some exceptional malts.
    I’ve been hammering the overtime and my drinking has gone way up as I’ve not been in daily charge of my little one. It’s been work, booze, work. It’s a good job I don’t own a crossbow.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

None, it’s bad enough not being able to get onto mountains, firing a depressant over my neck would only make it worse.

tomd
    Free Member

I’m still working through a bottle I bought in 2010, it’s about half gone. With this nice weather I might be due my biannual G&T. Does it go off?

I got given a bottle of boutique gin as a gift last year so I’m all set to retirement basically.

siwhite
    Free Member

Nothing. Teetotal since January. Never felt better – lost weight, sleeping better and generally super.

trumpton
    Free Member

Just been drinking guiness.got through about 10 since lockdown started.

boomerlives
    Free Member

None – It’s yak.

Dead Man’s Fingers has been going down very easily, though

footflaps

Lost count, maybe five 1 litre bottles, my current fave is Tanqueray…

Spud

Not a gin drinker, but way too much beer, god it’s too easy to order online and fill the fridge – darn this good weather! Plus several bottles of malt, Mrs Spud is the red wine and occasional gin drinker and I’ve lost count there.

footflaps

We certainly drink more during lockdown than before – not sure why exactly either…

mariner
    Free Member

We have cleaned out the store cupboard so approximately one bottle each of Plymouth, Oliver Cromwell and The Botanist.
    Plymouth is the house gin but got a feeling The Botanist may replace it or maybe just buy more Oliver Cromwell and put it in the Botanist bottle.

ajantom

Ha, since posting this yesterday, I had the first socially distanced meet up with my dad since lockdown began.

He’d just been to my parents’ house in France before lockdown, and yesterday brought me 3 cases of wine, 2 crates of french lager, 2 bottles of port, 3 of nice sherry, 2 litre bottles of gin, and some of his neighbours homemade creme de cassis.

Think we’re sorted for the next few weeks then!

BillMC

Not gin but I have been in very regular correspondence with the Vocation brewery, we’ve needed two bins to get all the cardboard in. Blimey, I didn’t think TiRed could go higher in my estimation but Hogarth too! (you might like to glimpse my YT on FMBrown’s ‘Work’) Beer Street for me.

johndrummer
    Free Member

I’m not a gin drinker, nor these days do I seem to be much of a drinker of much other than red wine. Rarely will I have more than one beer, and I’ve more or less stopped drinking whisky. Can’t remember the last time I bought any whisky; I got a 1litre bottle of Jack Daniels at Christmas, barely touched that either. By comparison, the bottle of Jack I got for Christmas the year before was all gone by Easter

convert

No idea about the specifics but I’m surprised my/our drinking has been so modest. Oddly not really felt like it. Certainly not been teetotal but I’ve been sensible for sure.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘How much gin have you drunk in lockdown?’ is closed to new replies.