Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • How much FREAKING RAIN?!?
  • SaxonRider

I am sitting in my kitchen listening to it hammer on our windows and I can’t take it anymore. We are supposed to get nailed by Storm Imogen tomorrow; thankfully, I am off to London.

But last evening, I walked with my son along the Taff, and in 11 years, I have never seen it approach the levels it is at now.

Seriously, how much rain can the country sustain before we just become part of the Atlantic Ocean? It’s ridiculous. Give me a good February blizzard any day.

Somebody, somewhere, put a stop to it. PLEASE!

mtbfix

Agreed. But summer will come in time. That’s what I’m clinging on to.

somafunk

Yeah i’m starting to get a bit sick of it now as well, I’ve only had 3 dry days in the past month since i got my new bike where i did not have to wear goretex trousers and waterproof jacket/gloves – it’s not so much the rain that annoys me as the amount of mud i have to clean off my kit after every ride, then wash the bike etc…etc…still good fun but the novelty is wearing a bit thin – I’d love a spell of nice frosty weather.

nickc

We are supposed to get nailed by Storm Imogen tomorrow; thankfully, I am off to London.

you do know that London is going….oh, nothing, never mind…

SaxonRider

Yes, yes, I know. It’s just that Cardiff is supposed to get the worst of it.

molgrips
    Free Member

But last evening, I walked with my son along the Taff, and in 11 years, I have never seen it approach the levels it is at now.

Funny you should say that. Drove up to Ludlow yesterdan and back today, and flooding up there wasn’t as bad as it was in South Wales.

However, it was pretty high, and there’s a hell of a lot of raining falling currently. Should be fun tomorrow. I’m on a train journey.

vickypea
    Free Member

It’s getting really tedious now, and the wind. I know we aren’t getting the worst of the storm up North but it’s howling again out there.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Absolutely beautiful day today this side of the water and stupidly warm. I was quite surprised at how dry the trails were even up to the snow line. We are supposed to be getting this storm tomorrow though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Imagine a half mile long site based on clay with 400 m3 of muck to move. The last few weeks have been testing to say the least.

garage-dweller

It is bleugh down here.

Has mostly been sunny here today but that all came to a halt at 4 pm.

The garden is seriously squashy under foot.

zippykona

The world needs oil. We put it in great big tankers ,ship it around the world, charge a fortune for it and entire economies are based on it.
    The world also needs water. We have **** loads of it. Put it in a great big tanker ,ship it around the world and flog it.
    Give it a bit of time and the locals of Dubai will be pissed off with boys from the valleys racing their Bugattis up and down the high street.

blader1611
    Free Member

I have had standing water in my garden for 7 weeks now (mostly clay soil) and i reckon in that time we have only had about 4 totally dry days, i am in leeds.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, totally had enough . . . counting the days until I can go back to Blue Ridge – picked their rainiest month but hey, they have sky 😀

grtdkad

Thunder and lightning in Malvern in the last 20-minutes

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

This incessant wind is a drag. 😐

But summer will come in time. That’s what I’m clinging on to.

So was I until Mrs MR almost gleefully unloaded her rainy summer 2016 prediction* onto my unsuspecting optimism.

*Claims the projected washout is supported by countless apps, Googling and maybe witchcraft. She may of course just be taking the pee.

grum
    Free Member

I can’t cope with winter in the north of England any more. I have a plan to move to Andalusia for the winter, just need to make it happen somehow.

devash
    Free Member

Non-stop here in Skipton since November.

Depressing as hell. Glad the Mrs is Spanish so there’s the option to bugger off to Spain in the near future.

brooess
    Free Member

A mate of mine, born and bred in the Lakes and well-used to inclement weather is talking about bailing out to Oz – he’s just had enough this winter. Oz has the opposite problem of droughts of course.

Mind you, it’s not like we’ve not been warned… various beardy types have been telling us for 50+ years this is where we’d end up but we decided that owning 4x4s was more important…

If all the Northerners disappear off to Spain, it’ll sort out our overpopulation problem nicely, mind 🙂

I read something recently which pointed out it’s the poorer countries which will be hit most by climate change and if it gets so bad that they simply can’t live there anymore it’ll make the current migration levels look like a picnic. It’ll be interesting to see Farage’s face when that happens 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Jeez it’s kicking off in Hampshire. 😯 Thunder is making me jump out of my skin, as is the lightening (no curtains anywhere for full effect). Pretty spectacular.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’s 40k m3 of muck btw.

ctk
    Free Member

Yep, never have I been so ready for summer/pissed off with winter! Relentless miserable weather. I’m in South Wales aswell.

kelvin

It is hard to stay positive, isn’t it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lovely sunny walk this morning, but pissing it down since about 2:00. Very wet going for swim and now the raindrop and wind is lashing against the house. Quite some noise…

bencooper
    Free Member

We’ve basically spent all winter digging ditches and drains in the local park. It’s fun, but also a bit depressing when the ground is totally saturated and there’s not much you can do about it.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Trying to remain positive,I reckon it usually balances out.
    We had a great Autumn,dusty trails in October in Lancashire,never known that before,reservoirs really low.It’s just balanced things up by pouring down pretty much non stop since late November.Not sure where the non-stop winds have come from over the last few months..
    Raining again this evening in West Lancs.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Frikin b’jezus..

Just driven my normal Sunday hack back up the A3 to Town for yet another stint… Can honestly say it was one of the most stressful drives I have ever had, and I’ve driven in Belgium too 🙄

Terrible rivers running across the roads and motorways, just windy as blinkin eva…

Awful..

spacemonkey

Thunder and lightening now kicking off here in Surrey. Not long until the bridges in these parts become breached.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Let it pour from the heavens, that hot dark rain! Bathe me in it’s
    pure sweet glory

One day the vampire children shall bask in the glory of a blood soaked downpour.

More Gin anyone

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Getting pretty miffed with it ti be honest. None stop wind and rain in Darwen since I stepped off the plane from Greece mid October. Maybe a few dry and sunny days this morning till 1600 was nice though.
    Luckily I have broke two ribs in a rib cage vs metal bed rail incident at work so don’t feel as guilty not riding my bikes.

bigrich

water goes in the river, not in the sky

slimjim78
    Free Member

Luckily I have broke two ribs in a rib cage

Phew, lucky you!

Was on top of the South Downs today prior to the weather forecast of 2pm downpour. Wind was crazy strong and you could see the rain clouds drawing in from the south east, they looked biblical.
    Got back down to my car as I literally felt the firsts spots of rain on my face, at 2:06 the heavens opened in a big way.

Chapeau, Met office.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Rain? Yes Please!

Today 42c
    Tuesday 42c
    Wednesday (A chilly) 41c
    Thursday (Winter’s on it’s way) 39c
    Friday 36c

Night temps down to 28c

globalti
    Free Member

Just to make you feel better…. I got back on Saturday morning from two weeks of glorious sunshine in Khartoum then Addis Ababa, fresh breezes and never too hot.

But I’ve got a chest infection and my bowels have stopped working due to rubbish hotel food and my suitcase still hasn’t caught up with me. No office for me today.

alpin
    Free Member

Winter here in Munich has been warm… Maybe five out six days of proper snow, a few days of cold sleety rain. Other than that it’s been rather warm… 14C today… January was so warm I wore shorts on one day despite there being snow on the ground..
    The river rose crazily the other week with all of the melt water coming from the alps.

I can get used to this…

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Not much rain but it’s VERY windy down here on the Sarf coast. So much so I’ve just watched the Sith Hound do the same poo twice! 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

I’m flying back into Brizzle this afternoon. Forecast looks none too clever.
    http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/forecast

What’s the form for likelihood of landing? I’ve not flown into a storm before.

BRS has a 09/27 bearing runway so it shouldn’t have much in the way of a cross wind to deal with. Any pilots around?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its going to be a very interesting descent.. 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

I’d try my back up technique of getting absolutely plastered and landing unconscious, only I then have to get on the motorbike and ride home to Malvernistan across the wind direction…

shermer75
    Free Member

Wind gusting at 69mph?!?

Moses

Stoner, if the wind looks too unsafe to ride, you can always stay at our place until it becomes calmer. That’s assuming your plane can land…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘How much FREAKING RAIN?!?’ is closed to new replies.