• This topic has 28 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Andy.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • How much for a Singular Swift?
  • Aus
    Free Member

There might be a Swift up for sale, lovely condition, either as frame and fork (blue) or complete with nice spec (Crest, XT, Hope Minis). Son might be interested.

What’s a fair price range for f&f and full bike, just for guidance.

Cheers

PiknMix
    Free Member

If it’s a large then PM me please.

akkwlsk
    Free Member

Those were £550 new if I remember correctly. Half of that is fair price, that would be my starting point for f&f if I was buying one in ‘lovely condition’.

Aus
    Free Member

I wondered about the ‘half new price’ rule, but wondered if this applies to stuff that’s premium or low volume/hard to find?

chiefgrooveguru

“ I wondered about the ‘half new price’ rule, but wondered if this applies to stuff that’s premium or low volume/hard to find?”

It’s worth what someone will pay for it. Bikes were already costing more due to currency movements and increased costs and now demand is way exceeding supply so that will have a further impact.

Many bikes are already sold out for 2021!

djflexure

Is it the one on eBay? I offered £300 for f&f which I thought was ok. Didn’t get a reply though. Probably just as well as I have too many bikes already.

rOcKeTdOg

Well I reckon the new ones will be > £800 judging by the peregrine price (I have no idea really) so I think £400 would get it. But if it’s on eBay just set a price you’d be prepared to pay and go with that.

I don’t think I’ll ever sell my MK1 voluntarily

poolman
    Free Member

I bought a mint blue frame and forks off here for 250 but that was a few years ago. Lovely bike it’s deffo a keeper.

Saying that I bought a 3 month old Brompton for 425 10 years ago.

willjones
    Free Member

@poolman glad it’s still going – think that was mine as I wanted to downsize to an L, which got stolen… now trying to find another one! Any leads, let me know!

fenboy

I’ve an XL cream one, that i am slowly getting round to putting up for sale, usual scuffs with use but sound and I was thinking £250 F+F plus postage. if it was cosmetically slightly better i’d want £300 so depends on condition I’d say
    Was going to monstercross it as its a lovely ride but it’s just a little too long for me for that and i have a kite cross bike that i use all the time and need some space for a different type of HT project.

Andy-R

Hopefully there’s more demand for the Swift than there is for the Hummingbird. I recently tried to sell a pretty much immaculate frame and forks and had zero interest….

willjones
    Free Member

@fenboy sorry just back here… I went XL and had to downsize to a L otherwise I’d be banging on your door.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I sold my medium for £250, but that was before the pandemic when they were still available new.

Prices seem variable, I saw a complete bike on the ebay completed listings sell for something utterly ridiculous like £280. At the same time I wouldn’t have said £300 was a bad price for the frame/fork/headset (say in good condition with a Chris King headset), maybe £200 if it needs a respray and no/a generic headset.

It’s a tiny market, so either you find a buyer who’ll pay over the odds because they really want one and one only comes up every few months. Or you put it on ebay and no one bids because there isn’t that 1 buyer.

Full bikes, hard to say, even if it was a bling build, it’s still going to mean QR hubs, not boost, not tapered, older groupset. So there’s a limited market for splitting those bits and/or a buyer could buy them as bargains themselves.

matt_outandabout

Hopefully there’s more demand for the Swift than there is for the Hummingbird. I recently tried to sell a pretty much immaculate frame and forks and had zero interest….

Was that not 26’er that could be 69er model? I would say the 26er rear is going to hold it back on price.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve an XL cream one

cream? wasn’t that the gryphon?

rOcKeTdOg

Mines had a few configurations

365/143 23/5/10

swift

Screenshot_20200726-110828

Screenshot_20191211-032132

matt_outandabout
    AlasdairMc

I had one for about a week, last year, and really didn’t gel with it at all. Even with the shortest stem possible it felt far too long and lifeless. It got swapped out for a Salsa El Mariachi, which is much nicer.

servo
    Free Member

My Swift had it’s 10th Birthday just before Christmas! Great bike, still gets ridden regularly. At least once a week during the winter. Has always been a singlespeed. Don’t think I will ever sell it!
    Got a nice, scruffy patina on it.

Yak

@AlasdairMc ah, that’s a shame. That was Mrs Yak’s bike for years. She loved it, but ran a 90mm stem and flat 700mm bars on it. They are definitely old-school geometry.

rOcKeTdOg

Cream Swift

Ah, the later ones, not the classic first Gen 😉

fenboy

@rocketdog Cream ones were actually the best! Ironed out the niggles from the gen 1’s ie the blue??
    Sold mine to a very nice chap on here

Ogg

I brought a scruffy f+f via Ebay for £170 in Feb 2020

Swift

fatmax

Got a cream in XL and absolutely love it – the bike that I’d grab first if the house was on fire. Use it as a flat barred gravel bike really. Rides lovely. Best on smooth singletrack 🤩

Andy-R

Was that not 26’er that could be 69er model? I would say the 26er rear is going to hold it back on price.

Rather 69er that could be 26” F&R with suspension forks….but better as a 69er.
    26” tyres are still available btw.

davidj

Hopefully there’s more demand for the Swift than there is for the Hummingbird. I recently tried to sell a pretty much immaculate frame and forks and had zero interest…

@Andy-R
    : Do let me know if you’re still thinking of selling a Hummingbird. I’ve been looking for one for a while and must have missed your ad!

willjones
    Free Member

Bump… I WANT ONE! If anyone has an L they want to shift, frame or bike, please shout 🙂

fatmax

My XL Swift in cream (mk4) now for sale, following the purchase of a Fairlight Secan

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1968477720186567/

Andy

following the purchase of a Fairlight Secan

Good man F. I remember chatting about the Secan with you on RTS about 4 years ago, you mentioned then you wanted one!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.